Thread: Opening weekends fixtures

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    News to me.

Are you saying that there have been problems around these Barnsley little scum
    scum fan exchanges?
    Have a look at some of the ShedSideArmy Lads on Facebook and they go over once or twice to Barnsley and vice versa. They have been in the Lillywhite on a few occasions, including night we won the cup in November.

They are scum (just like majority of SSA)

Before you say the SSA are not scum, all them banned (who still go to away games) for the incident V Cork in the smoking area, were part of the SSA (the leader was one of the ones giving a warning)
    Last edited by dundalkfc10; 20/02/2019 at 8:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
    Smashing bus windows is an idiotic scumbaggy thing to do IMO what the cork lads did was far worse.
    No it isnt really, its all scumbag behaviour and someone could just as easily have been injured on the bus. I dont think you are particularly intending to apportion blame but this is the sort of comment that stokes the aftermath of unsavoury incidents among even the most reasonable supporters. Outright condemnation across the board should be the only way of thinking. Let the Gardai investigate and then hopefully the due punishment will fit. Among the rest of us, until then, and maybe I'm being naive, but complete condemning of such behaviour might just make some of those involved think...maybe!? They might just care enouh not to want to become an outcast among fellow fans. Even better if some gets banned and others boycott games as a result, win win and has happened at Dundalk though one boycott lasted barely 'til half time when lads decided they wanted a beer and went in to Oriel and 2 or 3 dirtbags was left alone and going home by the rest of their associates! I think it might have been the dirtbags after the pint glasses were thrown at Cork fans!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    i agree with you there Nesta.
    Rovers have banned some people and then faced a boycott by their mates ..............
    who are dumb enough not to realize that is what the club wants...unfortunately the boycotts never last.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Have a look at some of the ShedSideArmy Lads on Facebook and they go over once or twice to Barnsley and vice versa. They have been in the Lillywhite on a few occasions, including night we won the cup in November.

They are scum (just like majority of SSA)

Before you say the SSA are not scum, all them banned (who still go to away games) for the incident V Cork in the smoking area, were part of the SSA (the leader was one of the ones giving a warning)
    I have had a look as you suggested at the Shedside supporters club - Dundalk facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Shedside-su...9747864098511/

I can't see anything about any links with Barnsley FC supporteres - good, bad or indifferent! Perhaps you would post a link to what you were talking about.

You seem to be suggesting that there are problems around this - has there been trouble involving these alleged fan exchanges?
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 20/02/2019 at 5:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    https://twitter.com/WilloRyan/status...34299443113986

https://twitter.com/WilloRyan/status...51516968763392

https://twitter.com/WilloRyan/status...69132136198145

I am absolutely sick and tired of these lads at City games. They are embarrassing and bring our club down and then play the victim and say they are being unfairly singled out. I'm sure the Pats lads here are doing the same, "Sure they started it, we were only defending ourselves". Yet at least with Cork City it always seems to be the same group who find themselves in these situations.

This topic has been discussed on talk radio in Cork the last two days and will likely lead to a reduced crowd at the Cross on Friday.
    Ditto with Dundalk and the couple unsavoury incidents that Cork fans experienced and led to Cork fans questioning whether they should travel up to support their side in what in recent years were top 2 games that were deciding titles. I am very glad that at least those responsible for the incident early last season were named, shamed and banned. There isnt CCTV at the rear of the Lilywhite Lounge afaik so it was other Dundalk supporters present that likely identified the culprits. Maybe Cork fans were able to point them out to stewards/ Gardaí on the night also?

To state the obvious no fan of any club at any ground should have to do a risk assessment before deciding whether to go to a game - eh not including substandard away sections of course...

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Rampaging gangs 'hoping' to bump into each other I think someone has been watching 'The Football factory' again.
    Incredibly naive of you to think that these idiots don't make contact with each other on social media.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    They haven't been given a free pass though is the point, outside of the children present nobody has been viewed in the way it's being spun that Pats fans have been made out to be.

Even the two lads (who were completely uninvolved in the commotion) that ended up in A&E said on Twitter that the people on both sides were idiots ffs, Pats fans are very aware that there's a small group of gob****es that go to games and revel in this stuff, nobody is giving them a pass but it doesn't mean that it was a small number of Cork fans that instigated the whole thing.

There's a real eagerness from a few Cork fans to push against a narrative that doesn't exist for some reason. Noting that a small number of fans caused the grief in McDowell's isn't writing off that what happened in retaliation also wasn't on and using one of the Pats fans directly involved isn't the greatest example to attempt to prove it.
    That is the first acknowledgement of Pats/Sheffield fans being part at fault for the in McDowells on this thread. I haven't been following twitter.

The narrative that it is all one sided is bound to get a few responses on here and it is ridiculous that posters here think that these responses are an attempt to absolve City fans of blame here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Incredibly naive of you to think that these idiots don't make contact with each other on social media.
    No problem believing it (it happens between Dublin clubs regularly) but haven't heard any single iota of proof that it did happen on Friday night.Naïve to believe it happened just because some said 'it could' happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    That is the first acknowledgement of Pats/Sheffield fans being part at fault for the in McDowells on this thread. I haven't been following twitter.

The narrative that it is all one sided is bound to get a few responses on here and it is ridiculous that posters here think that these responses are an attempt to absolve City fans of blame here.
    The focus earlier in the thread was on the Cork element involved due mostly to the sense that there was a couple of posts by Cork fans casting doubt on what happened in McDowells. Reb did say something along the lines of why would a few Cork lads go in to a pub knowing it was full of Pats fans, in that it didnt make sense and it mustn't have happend like that. Added to a throw away quip (that I probably provoked tbh but couldnt edit my post for some reason) about the 'Cork fan are the devils or being demonised' it drew the thread's spotlight on the Cork element. That there was any retaliation from Pats fans in McDowells or certainly what happened to the Cork team bus didnt get the 'they started type treatment' so it just wasnt said in my opinion almost in a not needing to be said way as there was obviously scumbag behaviour involving a small element of both sets of supporters. I think even the way you say 'being part at fault' moves in to whataboutery rather than just calling it all idiotic by any of those involved - its a defensive sounding stance and there is no need to be defensive imo. Most people have mentioned the trouble element that attach themselves to their clubs, how they embaress and damage the clubs and caused injury to bystanders not involved.

I get why anyone would want to point fingers, talk down an incident, even want to pretend things didnt happen, I have felt that way myself in the past with my own club and took a bit of an opportunistic swipe that few clubs can take a moral highground on any scumbag behaviour as you just dont know whether something like this can happen with ones own club and its not nice for the rest of us to see or hear about trouble caused by our on fans. I will say again its best just to say 'scumbags the lot of them' and not go down the route of who started it, who was worse, sharing fault, referring to past incidents, claiming that things are a onesided narrative and that that gets a kickback and then go on to ridicule posts that are an attempt to abslove City fans of blame - pointing out that others were also to blame or got involved isnt miles from kind of absolving some of the blame! If any of that makes sense?!? lol
    Last edited by Nesta99; 21/02/2019 at 10:11 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    I have had a look as you suggested at the Shedside supporters club - Dundalk facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Shedside-su...9747864098511/

I can't see anything about any links with Barnsley FC supporteres - good, bad or indifferent! Perhaps you would post a link to what you were talking about.

You seem to be suggesting that there are problems around this - has there been trouble involving these alleged fan exchanges?
    I was talking more specific members of the SSA's personal pages. Im sure you know who im talking about when I talk about their leader (likes his top off)

I am not going to link peoples personal facebook pages on here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    I was talking more specific members of the SSA's personal pages. Im sure you know who im talking about when I talk about their leader (likes his top off)

He is hardcore sure the Belorussians wouldnt let him in to the country....ouch after all the travel and a passport thats been through the wash didnt get a pass! I dont get the taking off shirts unless its in somewhere roasting like Cyprus, SSA chap and Mike Ashley...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

For a chap who is quick to accuse people of making "stuff up" or "spouting sh**e" you do a curious evasive dance when questioned on the dubious claims you made.

Your clear inference was that "Shedside Army lads" - who you refer to as "scum" - have some type of nefarious links with Barnsley trouble-makers.

You are well out of order. You have ensured that the person you reference above is easily identifiable; IMO your comments are unfair, unsubstantiated and probably defamatory.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Do you guys think many Dundalk fans will travel tomorrow night? Is there likely to be any risk element?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Do you guys think many Dundalk fans will travel tomorrow night? Is there likely to be any risk element?
    Depends on crisps and minerals available in the away section!!

Proper answer is a 'guesstimate' of 2-300, and not likrly but who knows really at this stage all things considered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    There’s no direct bus from Cork to Ballybofey so you should be grand.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Probably similar to last year.

Do you liaise with colleague SLO's on this type of thing or is the network ineffective?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Slightly lazy officer.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Anyone got a number for the UCD ultras (or their crazy UK friends LSE) ? I want to, ahem, bump in to them tonight

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Probably similar to last year.

Do you liaise with colleague SLO's on this type of thing or is the network ineffective?
    Responses from SLOs around the league are patchy. Usually get a response from Dundalk but haven't this time.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Anyone got a number for the UCD ultras (or their crazy UK friends LSE) ? I want to, ahem, bump in to them tonight
    Not exactly LSE soulmates with UCD . More like Newman University Bermingham, St Aquinas Stockport also have an intercity firm

23. Thanks From:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast