Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 2019 Season

  1. #1
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    691
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    152
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    2019 Season

    Well since the forum is dead as the dodo.

    What are peoples opinions of the Towns chances this year ?

    Playoffs at a minimum and maybe a cup run but other than that another bleak year in the graveyard of the 1st Division. A strong start is needed and Shels seemed to have splashed the cash this year but we suffered last year as promotion favourites so the pressure is off the team and maybe they can embrace the underdog tag. Neale Fenn is a good manager and my only fear is at some stage during the season a premier division team will can their manager and come calling for him.

  2. #2
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,027
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,055
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    535
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltfc_2004 View Post
    Well since the forum is dead as the dodo.

    What are peoples opinions of the Towns chances this year ?

    Playoffs at a minimum and maybe a cup run but other than that another bleak year in the graveyard of the 1st Division. A strong start is needed and Shels seemed to have splashed the cash this year but we suffered last year as promotion favourites so the pressure is off the team and maybe they can embrace the underdog tag. Neale Fenn is a good manager and my only fear is at some stage during the season a premier division team will can their manager and come calling for him.
    tbh with these new signings it will make a massive difference. we wont win it but we should make top 4 comfortably. as for the playoffs impossible to know until the games are played cos of injuries etc.
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  3. #3
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,336
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    641
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,459
    Thanked in
    971 Posts
    As with last year the first 13 or 14 will be competitive but if we’re unlucky with injuries we could suffer. I was surprised Peter Hopkins was signed up again, he’s a good player but he’s hardly ever fit. I see Ubaezuonu was in the squad photo taken at the weekend so whatever the issue with him was it must have been sorted out.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  4. #4
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Longford
    Posts
    1,430
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    252
    Thanked in
    212 Posts
    What's the story with Carlton and Adam Evans? Are both injured or gone? Neither were in the squad for the Derry game and considering we made 11 changes you'd imagine these 2 lads would of been at least on the bench.

  5. #5
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,027
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,055
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    535
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    What's the story with Carlton and Adam Evans? Are both injured or gone? Neither were in the squad for the Derry game and considering we made 11 changes you'd imagine these 2 lads would of been at least on the bench.
    i heard carlton is very close to being returned to the team. hadnt heard a peep out of evans. he did play in league cup in previous round.
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  6. #6
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,336
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    641
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,459
    Thanked in
    971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    What's the story with Carlton and Adam Evans? Are both injured or gone? Neither were in the squad for the Derry game and considering we made 11 changes you'd imagine these 2 lads would of been at least on the bench.
    There were a good few didn’t travel to Derry at all, may not have been free on a mid week night. That said I haven’t been paying attention as to whether Evans has been on the bench lately.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  7. #7
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,027
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,055
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    535
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    There were a good few didn’t travel to Derry at all, may not have been free on a mid week night. That said I haven’t been paying attention as to whether Evans has been on the bench lately.
    think evans has only played one game for us so far.
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  8. #8
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    858
    Thanked in
    737 Posts
    Evans came on and played well off the bench in Wexford. Was out injured.

  9. #9
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,027
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,055
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    535
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Evans came on and played well off the bench in Wexford. Was out injured.
    heard he had a great game for us!
    Daire Doyles red and black army

Similar Threads

  1. Transfers 2019 season
    By ToberonaTornado in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1284
    Last Post: 19/10/2019, 3:48 PM
  2. 2019 Pre-season friendlies.
    By osarusan in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 14/07/2019, 3:28 PM
  3. ET: 2019 Season Preview: Limerick
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13/02/2019, 9:50 PM
  4. ET: 2019 Season Preview: Wexford
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13/02/2019, 3:10 PM
  5. ET: 2019 Season Preview: Bohemians
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12/02/2019, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •