Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Limerick Supporter
    Few things that Limerick FC need to address regarding the matchday experience:
    Get match programmes.
    Fix the PA System.
    Leo the Lion.
    Don't use explicit music.
    A club shop (no matter how big or small).
    A half-time draw (doesn't have to be a sponsored prize, a jersey will do).
    The PA system could be fixed alright.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    814 at Limerick and Longford.
    75 away fans travelled which is impressive considering there was no bus up and the distance involved too!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    I'd guess around 5000 at Tallaght, main and south stands were packed and about 100 Derry fans in the East Stand. Huge Qs to buy tickets right up to kick-off which is great to see.
    Is this how Tallaght is going to be moving forward? Home support in West and South, away in East? Are the ultras in the South, and if so, was this a popular move?

Edit - i see the answer here: http://www.extratime.ie/articles/222...laght-stadium/
    Last edited by fionnsci; 24/02/2019 at 2:09 AM.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Most people were happy with the move (always a few who won't be) but the move made sense.
    Better looking on tv to have fans there rather than a big empty stand. Plus on the basis of one match a better atmosphere too
    Ibwould expect the east stand to be open to home supporters (at the north end) as well as away supporters at the South end for matches against bohs, pats, dundalk.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 24/02/2019 at 9:00 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I'd be very surprised to see Rovers fans allowed go sit in the east stand for games against boez

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Most people were happy with the move (always a few who won't be) but the move made sense.
    Better looking on tv to have fans there rather than a big empty stand. Plus on the basis of one match a better atmosphere too
    Ibwould expect the east stand to be open to home supporters (at the north end) as well as away supporters at the South end for matches against bohs, pats, dundalk.
    Wrong ends of the East Stand but yeah I'd expect that too if ticket demand requires it, I expect it'd be a block by block thing and need a complete sellout of the other stands first though

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I suppose will depend on how the East Stand can be seperated safely.Presumably the South corner will not have away fans.
    Will be good to get a seat somewhere near the half way rather than be stuck in the corner of the West stand .
    If all three Dublin clubs continue in good form , should getting 6k + for those games .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Got my ends mixed up there , but I think it's def doable to have home and away fans in the same stand, sure they were in the same stand in the West stand. I see the attendance was corrected to 4622 for friday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Easier to control things in the west stand as you can't walk from end to the other underneath the stand. They would definitely open up a few blocks in the east stand to home fans if needed though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    3,314 in The Showgrounds
    I think we should be very happy with that. It's a great attendance if you were to compare the populations that Cork and Tallaght have to tap into. Of course keeping them coming back will be the real challenge, but the appetite is there and some decent football should help the attendances this season.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Drogheda's crowd on Friday was disappointing. A lot of promotion has gone into their 100th year and getting people in the gates but the prices they're charging are extortionate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Easier to control things in the west stand as you can't walk from end to the other underneath the stand. They would definitely open up a few blocks in the east stand to home fans if needed though.
    How hard can it be to put a temporary fence up in the gangway under the stand? It would be utter insanity not to open up a section of the west stand to home fans if required, and there might be a bit more will to find a solution for home fans than has been shown for away fans in recent seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    What will do SDCC have bar the easiest solution, Rovers are tenants and no more. SDCC likely look at hosting a European u17 Championship Final as the fruits of their investment not the bread and butter of an occasional 3/4 capacity crowd for LoI games. That and commons sense often being a lacking commodity in general!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    SDCC will do what they always have which is to work with the club, 10 years in this year and looking forward to the new fourth stand .

The only thing separating the fans in the west stand was a bit of netting and a dozen or so stewards with a couple of guards.
    a similer solution in the East above / and or below is easy enough to do.

all joking aside is;nt it beyond all reasonable belief that the first two Bohs Rovers derbys which could potentially make the above a neccessity are both mid week..............its enough to make you despair

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    What will do SDCC have bar the easiest solution, Rovers are tenants and no more. SDCC likely look at hosting a European u17 Championship Final as the fruits of their investment not the bread and butter of an occasional 3/4 capacity crowd for LoI games. That and commons sense often being a lacking commodity in general!
    SDCC are an example to other Local Authorities on what a modest enough investment in a sporting facility can do to reap big social and economic dividends for the community, its a pity Dublin City Council and Louth County Council don`t have that foresight.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    How hard can it be to put a temporary fence up in the gangway under the stand? It would be utter insanity not to open up a section of the west stand to home fans if required, and there might be a bit more will to find a solution for home fans than has been shown for away fans in recent seasons.
    Bit rich for Dundalk fans to talk about will to find "solutions" for away fans.

Yeah sure, you believe that if you want to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    St Pats v Harps - 1,747

Around 100 Harps down.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    There is obviously no comparison to what "solutions" can be implemented for away fans in Oriel Park and Tallaght Stadium. You wont find too many Dundalk fans that would disagree with you on criticism of Oriel Park in general never mind the away section. sbgawa saw straight away that I was baiting a tad. He makes a good point that the relationship has been good and has built over the years. I did reply earlier but it didnt post and didnt bother redoing it but what I was saying that i'd imagine that SDCC are likely to be like other Local Authorities and what would seem a straight forward things like erecting a semi-permanent fence would be a process of them getting their own crowd to do it and then have it checked, signed off by engineers etc - a pain of a H+S process that often means that Councils leave things as they are rather than jump through the necessary hoops (no pun intended). I dont see why would be so touchy RH, Rovers are tenants in a municipal stadium, pay a damn lot of the bills, but it will be hosting an international final like the one mentioned that will get Counsellors patting themselves on the back. LoI and its general undervalued spot in the sporting minds currently is the issue here wouldnt you agree? I also said in agreement with sbwaga that you would think that the scheduling of the Dublin Derby by the FAI, especially when unveling an addition to the league's flagship ground, is an effort to fail when there is opportunity to promote the league - top of the table clash too and should be on TV. If anD when Tallaght is getting upward of 80% of capacity crowds every couple of weeks then the council brass wouldnt be so likely to be infifferent with the bread and butter income generated by their primary tenants, especially if rent can in any way can be indexed against generated footfall. It would turn the heads of other LAs if the initial outlay was quickly covered and generated funds justified such projects.
    There are not that many projects that would be such a good fit though and with the level of potential that Tallaght has. It would be a minefield for Louth CC to try and do similar without a backlash in either Dundalk and Drogheda. Most other clubs have grounds fit for purpose or have an ongoing development already (thats a council could probably step in like in Donegal). Oriel and United Parks are by a long way the worst certainly for the Premier League. We will see how things go for the Drogheda plans
    If only Louth Local Authorities and others, where it is viable, would have the foresight that SDCC had, even if the development fell in to their lap as a fix rather than an inspired captial project.

and yes I am ingnoring tonights scores as they stand........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    2437 in Oriel. Not so bad on a Monday for a relegation battle!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    2437 in Oriel. Not so bad on a Monday for a relegation battle!
    I think you’ll do enough to stay up this season.

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast