Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    7K+ at Tallaght is great.... when you consider the buffer zone between fans and first few rows blocked off this must be very close to capacity.
    Fantastic attendance the whole area had a big match feeling, the public order unit where patrolling as far down as Kingswood.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    The seat kills in the south stand are a real bummer but after the pitch invasions by muppets i can see why.
    I do think they could move a few rows back into play though they kill a good 250 seats.
    Probably only 1 or 2 matches where it is a problem though and there were some spare seats as well, no one wss turned away AFAIK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    1962 at Turners Cross last night. Pretty good for a Monday, on the day schools are back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    1655 Sligo v Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Two good crowds for a Monday night when the two home teams are down the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Good crowds for a Monday but no doubt would have been higher if they didn’t have to be moved.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I'd like to see average Monday/Tuesday attendances Vs weekends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I'd like to see average Monday/Tuesday attendances Vs weekends.
    Absolutely no doubt that Mon/Tues crowds are lower. Tend to be more difficult for away fans (school/work night) and many junior etc teams train on Tuesday.
    Why the League insists on foisting so many on us is the third secret of Abbotstown 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Absolutely no doubt that Mon/Tues crowds are lower. Tend to be more difficult for away fans (school/work night) and many junior etc teams train on Tuesday.
    Why the League insists on foisting so many on us is the third secret of Abbotstown 😁
    The games should be as regionalised as possible for midweek games, it would at least help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The games should be as regionalised as possible for midweek games, it would at least help.
    That would certainly help. Expect it NEVER to happen so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The flip side of that is you don't want your big local derbies on a Monday night.

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    2,837 in Oriel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I was thinking just over 3k before it was announced, so wasn't too far out, had this been a previous season with Cork challenging, it would have been around 3.5k.

Kudos to the Cork fans who made the long journey for this, around 50-60 on away terrace, probably another 50-60 in stand. Not sure I would be that interested if boot was on the other foot.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    What was the crowd in Galway tonight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    What was the crowd in Galway tonight?
    The crowd was announced at "1,525".

Anybody that knows Terryland will tell you there was over 2,000 there tonight. It makes sense to announce a lower attendance when a large cut of it is going to the FAI and Shamrock Rovers. There was easily 500-600 Rovers fans in attendance also.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Harps v pats 1054
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    954 Waterford v Dundalk FAI cup

Any estimated attendance for the Tunnocks teeth rot cup fixture?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I know it was a Monday night but a cup 1/4 final should have certainly broken 1k in Waterford. Any idea how many travelled down to the game? The whole Europe fiasco has done serious damage to Waterford FC - thanks no doubt to the once main man in Abbotstown, fans shouldnt really have abondoned the club to such an extent due to the supposed manipulation on one main individual that backfired!? Unless there is something else going on behind the scenes that is keeping the crowds from bothering. I'd have thought there was a stronger traditional hardcore base in Waterford than less than 1k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I know it was a Monday night but a cup 1/4 final should have certainly broken 1k in Waterford. Any idea how many travelled down to the game? The whole Europe fiasco has done serious damage to Waterford FC - thanks no doubt to the once main man in Abbotstown, fans shouldnt really have abondoned the club to such an extent due to the supposed manipulation on one main individual that backfired!? Unless there is something else going on behind the scenes that is keeping the crowds from bothering. I'd have thought there was a stronger traditional hardcore base in Waterford than less than 1k.
    Dundalk had about 100 down at it.

Dermot Keely

What a joke, Dundalk played a quarter final of the major Cup Competition in Waterford on a Monday night with less than 1,000 people attending. Why? I hear you ask. The answer–because the tie had to be re-arranged to allow Waterford pay Hearts Colts on Friday. What a joke. What a way to treat the League’s most prestigious competition. How can the F.A.I. Cup be treated with so little respect. I am sure the sponsors of the Cup were not best pleased. But hey it’s run by our glorious F.AI. it has to be a joke. I’m sure John Delaney is in his garden laughing his socks off as the F.A.I. lurch from one farce to another. Only good thing about it is that Dundalk won.

This leaves Shamrock Rovers, Dundalk and Sligo Rovers through, to be joined by the winner of Crumlin Utd v Bohs. Again due to the “magnificent” work of the F.A.I. the draw will be live at 8.30am on RADIO. Most prestigious Cup competition – I don’t think so

Potentially a great weekend ahead for Shels in the First Division. Surely the time has come for them to claim a place in the Premier Division. Hopefully they will win the match against the Drogs and clinch the title. I’ll be glued to the phone looking at their results. I know to my cost the feeling of Last Match Blues. To all the people travelling, get behind the team and enjoy the game, if that is possible.

I see that RTE, our national broadcaster are now showing a few League of Ireland matches as the season draws to a close. Well Whoopee and thanks for that. I don’t know what they have been doing since May. I understand the L.O.I. is a niche sport. I understand that it does not compete with GAA or Rugby as far as viewing figures are concerned, but Soccer is still the biggest sport played in Ireland and is a market that can be tapped into. Again it is up to the F.A.I. to negotiate a deal that includes the L.O.I. when they do a deal for the International team. But will it happen, you tell me.

What a debut for Jack Byrne, fantastic performance and showed what a L.O.I. player is capable of. He looked completely comfortable playing in the National Team.
    Congratulations also to Stephen Kenny on his brilliant start to the U21 Euro qualifiers, showing that the L.O.I. can produce top class Managers as well as top class players.
    https://dermotkeely.blogspot.com/201...s8uhsrYXiPeUrs

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    The crowd was announced at "1,525".

Anybody that knows Terryland will tell you there was over 2,000 there tonight. It makes sense to announce a lower attendance when a large cut of it is going to the FAI and Shamrock Rovers. There was easily 500-600 Rovers fans in attendance also.
    And the usual display of grown men invading the pitch after a Rovers goal, like giddy toddlers who can't contain themselves

I hope the FAI is fining the fcuk out of them every time it happens, as it's becoming a regular thing with some clubs now.

23. Thanks From:

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast