Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I was in the Brandywell last night, as I said on the other thread about the game, very friendly folk up there, from the pubs to hotel to the ground. Definitely going back up again for a stay over next season. Decent crowd from Dundalk too, at least one bus travelled, but that was the one that's hired from Newry.

Great to see the new ground almost at capacity.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Maybe 500 at UCD v Harps last night.

Have a feeling the respective (non-title-winning) tie last season had about 300 at it, so that's something I guess...
    Think that may be a little on the high side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99;1995094/

Soooo attendances tonight, many actually travel from Dundalk in the end. Rovers playing on a Friday, not so cold and not on TV so it had to have been a sellout!
    150 approx

No direct bus or train.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Wouldn't say any rovers fans boycott dalymount, we sell out the des Kelly every time and used to bring at least double when we were in the Connaught street side.
    Doubt bohs will be given more than 1000 anyway.

If any dundalk fans are still interested you had 798 in fans Tallaght according to the people in the ticket office at Rovers[FONT=arial, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#6a6a6a].

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Talking to a lot of Dundalk fans last night in Derry, and this figure of 798 doesn't sound right. The East Stand must hold close to 3k, it def wasn't half full, but it was more than 1/3 and lots have said since it was the biggest away league crowd in Tallaght.

I'd have thought 1k would be more accurate, this would then leave the home support at 3,700, seems a lot as the new stand wasn't completely full, the west stand looked to be almost full though.

Was there an official attendance given for Derry last night? I've seen 3500 mentioned, seemed a little higher, excellent crowd to be fair, at this and the Rovers v Dlk game.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Talking to a lot of Dundalk fans last night in Derry, and this figure of 798 doesn't sound right. The East Stand must hold close to 3k, it def wasn't half full, but it was more than 1/3 and lots have said since it was the biggest away league crowd in Tallaght.

I'd have thought 1k would be more accurate, this would then leave the home support at 3,700, seems a lot as the new stand wasn't completely full, the west stand looked to be almost full though.

Was there an official attendance given for Derry last night? I've seen 3500 mentioned, seemed a little higher, excellent crowd to be fair, at this and the Rovers v Dlk game.
    The East Stand is about 2,800 afaik, a bit smaller than the Main Stand. It didn't look 1/3 full to me but I accept Dundalk fans were packed into a smaller area than they should have been so maybe 900 is about right.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a.a.d View Post
    There is one major factor that you are missing out here, the institute games have a three o'clock kick off, so the little knackbags can't hide in the cover of darkness. I would suggest this has more to do with no trouble than a change in attitude towards the busses.
    It's got more to do with the wee knackbags having been spoken to firmly than it is darkness.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Train to Coleraine and then on to Derry, loads of can drinking opportunity and some nice scenery along the north coast. 4 hour trip and fans will be in fine voice by the time they get to Derry
    The train is actually a good option to get up to Derry from Dundalk - though it would need an overnight stay.

I'm not sure about your directions though. You get the train to Belfast, and change there for the train on-through to Derry. There is no train from Dundalk to Coleraine, and no need to change in Coleraine either (bar about 2 trains during rush hour). It's a Derry-bound train line.

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    Around 3,900 at the Brandywell last night.
    Is that not more than the capacity ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post

We've been through this before but anyway. The east stand isn't 3,000 its 2,700-2,800 which is why the new stand had to be 2,200+ to get to 8,000 overall capacity. The netting at the front of the stand also takes up 5/6 rows of the 18 rows deep stand so fand are only in 3/4s of however along the stand they're in so if fans pack the stand from one end all the way to the middle that's not 1350/1400 is just around 1000. Now dundalk fans didn't reach to the middle of the stand, the original netting didn't move so there's around 100 empty seats and as dundalk fans spread out gaps in the original allocation appeared and the people South of the the netting weren't exactly packed in so the number of around 800 is pretty bang on for what was there.

To put that in concise words. Due to netting 50% full is actually at absolute max 37% full not accounting for vertical netting and gaps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Is that not more than the capacity ?
    We have 3,340 seats plus the whole back of the Southend stand people were standing behind the seats. About 150 watched the entire game from the bar in the Mark Farren stand. Their was also loads of people standing either side of the Mark Farren stand.

People can also stand behind both goals although their was only a few that did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    The train is actually a good option to get up to Derry from Dundalk - though it would need an overnight stay.

I'm not sure about your directions though. You get the train to Belfast, and change there for the train on-through to Derry. There is no train from Dundalk to Coleraine, and no need to change in Coleraine either (bar about 2 trains during rush hour). It's a Derry-bound train line.
    Change is at Lisburn, or stay on the train that goes to Central as usually it is the same train that reverses out and heads to Coleraine after a line switch at Lisburn but technically no change. I'd be asking just in case as obviously that isnt definite every time. Depends on which train yer on on whether a change in Coleraine is needed occasional ones go to Portrush, but mostly on to Derry. (former UUC student )
    Last edited by Nesta99; 17/03/2019 at 1:26 PM.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Derry security men (lads in blue jackets) started being ********s to a few of our fans until a few of the proper Derry stewards told them to cop the **** on so they moved onto the grass area in front of away end

Sad sad men!
    whats difference between derry security men and stewards? is this private security firms?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    whats difference between derry security men and stewards? is this private security firms?
    Their was lads with Security firm jackets but was also few lads in yellow jackets

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Was that the lads with the wording 'ejection stewards' on the back of the jackets ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Nest99 wrote:
    [QUOTE/]
    Lads honestly, I really think its poor form to be dismissive of even a minor issue on crowd control, safety and all that. Yes netting can be moved, there is no restriction to moving on to the pitch if thinks get hairy. But if there was a slow reaction time for managing a limited crowd there is a flaw in the system. Its not a blame game, it is a lets look at how to react better in future. Complacency has no place on this from fellow LoI supporters never mind Event Controllers et al. It might take decades for crowds to grow to the point where a few minutes is an eternity if systems are not well oiled at ALL times.

I have often said that they tendency for some Dundalk fans to all pile in to one section, breaching the sections safe capacity while nowhere near a stand capacity is risky and sections should only be accessed as per ticket. Everyone saw a sold out stand in Tallaght at Europa League games looking half empty as half the crowd over crowded a couple of sections. There goes your safe evacuation capacity for the section, if someone takes ill or gets burnt with a flare emergency services getting in to the area are slowed down. People panic instinctively and often just run from the sight of such an incident and are tripping and falling over seats and eachother. We are thankfully unlikely to have to worry about bomb threats but it doesnt mean that its not on a protocol, that those protocols (including the ability to move people quickly) should noy be implemented as its a highly unlikely risk.

We are such a kneejerk nation - when something goes wrong we then look at what went wrong and enforce systems that are not always new but just not used. RoI v England was the best thing to happen for crowd safety in this country, interagency liason started to happen after amd why we now have Gardaí calling the shots in where fans get placed in Daleymount recently for eample. 80k people would converge on Croke Park regularly and DFB, security, safety didnt do a walk around officially making sure gates werent chained up. I know i'm not comparing like with like on the Tallaght game thing but I truly believe that if things are not well oiled on a small scale then it can have a ripple effect.

I dont remember Stardust, but one relatively small nightclub ummm didnt take safety seriously (I wont say what I really think on that whole affair) but I will bet that every fire officer in the country was out spot checking premises the day after. Call this post an overeaction if you like too, the 2014 league decider was was number of oversights ranging from blazé stewarding in the home section, lack of anticipation of a pitch invasion meaning visiting fans being at risk (not a pop at Rovers but if similar had happened v Rovers there would have been lads over the wall to respond to taunts), a rake of stewards were focused on getting the presentation podium up and completely missed their priority function of crowd safety imo. Gardaí...rabbits in headlights! There was a major review in the weeks after. Maybe the poster is being dismissed above rather than the valid observation being made.

Things as basic as at junior clubs the AED is let locked in the boot of someones car or a clubhouse cause they dont bother with a prematch checklist - its only noticed when some por git keels over and there is a who what where panic. Ok I shall say no more on the subjject!!
    [/QUOTE]

Nesta99 sadly your words of warning may have come to pass.

There is a headline on rte.ie

Three dead following reported 'crush' at Co. Tyrone Disco

My phone seems incapable of posting the link.
    Last edited by Scrufil; 18/03/2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Quote marks

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    We have 3,340 seats plus the whole back of the Southend stand people were standing behind the seats. About 150 watched the entire game from the bar in the Mark Farren stand. Their was also loads of people standing either side of the Mark Farren stand.

People can also stand behind both goals although their was only a few that did.
    The club doesn't sell any standing/terraced tickets though, so presumably all those standing or in the bar had tickets for a seat. Whilst the ground was packed there were still a good few empty seats visible around where we were. So we can't add up every single seat in the ground and then add on hundreds more for standing/bar people, as an element of that is just double counting.

Of course all this would be resolved if the club just released attendance figures.

I'm pretty sure you can't stand behind the goals at the Brandywell Road end unless you're a ball boy btw.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    525 in Bray today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Maybe 500 at UCD v Harps last night.

Have a feeling the respective (non-title-winning) tie last season had about 300 at it, so that's something I guess...

455 official.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Not a million miles off so.

What was the corresponding figure last year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Not a million miles off so.

What was the corresponding figure last year?
    236 at that one. Not far off half the attendance altogether.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast