Thread: Attendances 2019

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I don't post that often here anymore.

Is this fella for real? Or a super try hard wum?

Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Who would have thought, facilitating the crowd was more interesting (for some) than the game itself 

Honestly, some of the snowflakes on here are embarrassing.

Snowflake and WUM comments are wide of the mark and will not deflect me from posting on this or other topics.

The issue raised was not about comfort or "facilitating the crowd", but about an overcrowding safety issue - and the remarkable slow response to dealing with it.

These things tend to have a remarkably low level of impact for many, until someone is hurt or worse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts

I suppose one of the DFC fans could have choked on a bit of the plastic netting while stepping through it.
    That plastic stuff could represent a serious choke hazard if they started chewing it.
    Id always recommend that when stepping through plastic you keep your mouth shut.
    come to think of it i think the paint on the walls is lead based paint and could potentially be hazardous as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I remember being at a game against pats in inchicore and the cup semi final in cork a couple of years back and on both occasions the section for the away fans was too small (Lol Limerick fans overcrowding lol etc)

Anyway there was no room due to the safety netting.

Myself and three or four other lads moved the netting.

There were no fatalities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I remember being at a game against pats in inchicore and the cup semi final in cork a couple of years back and on both occasions the section for the away fans was too small (Lol Limerick fans overcrowding lol etc)

Anyway there was no room due to the safety netting.

Myself and three or four other lads moved the netting.

There were no fatalities.
    the 'shed' area behind the goal at pats (away end) is a safety nightmare. Usually overcrowded for Bohs games and an accident waiting to happen. I like the ground but how that end gets safety clearance is beyond me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Can any club really make any guarantees!?
    No but other clubs are able to work with local authorities who can mitigate the risk. It was a problem at Dundalk, Bohs, Pats and Rovers for a while until the Garda finally got a handle on it. You can't blame the companies for not supplying buses or looking for significant insurance sums from organisers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    I know all that, but my point still stands. If union jack carrying Coleraine fans can go to a game at the Brandywell, sing GSTQ and the Sash, and then leave without incident, then Dundalk fans should have nothing to worry about (and by extension, the bus company).

I get the issue, But times have changed.
    always like visiting Derry when we play up there. there was a problem (outside the ground) with some local scrouts stoning busses but I thought it had improved. awful pity if it is still an issue but very little DCFC can do about matters on surrounding roads.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    always like visiting Derry when we play up there. there was a problem (outside the ground) with some local scrouts stoning busses but I thought it had improved. awful pity if it is still an issue but very little DCFC can do about matters on surrounding roads.
    FFS - it has ! This is the point. Linfield, Glentoran and Coleraine etc fans can turn up with Union Jacks and singing loyalist tunes these days and nothing happens to them.

Can Dundalk fans not hire buses from out of town if they're going to be like this ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    355 in Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    2013 in Waterford.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    3,016 at the Cross.
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    FFS - it has ! This is the point. Linfield, Glentoran and Coleraine etc fans can turn up with Union Jacks and singing loyalist tunes these days and nothing happens to them.

Can Dundalk fans not hire buses from out of town if they're going to be like this ?
    I don't know.
    It could be that the bus owners have a network,wonder why Dundalk fans are sourcing a bus from outside their area and then talk to each other and learn the stories about incidents that happened?
    Maybe they ask they're insurer about insurance coverage
    Could be a whole lot of factors involved but the fact is no bus company wants to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Train to Coleraine and then on to Derry, loads of can drinking opportunity and some nice scenery along the north coast. 4 hour trip and fans will be in fine voice by the time they get to Derry

Lads honestly, I really think its poor form to be dismissive of even a minor issue on crowd control, safety and all that. Yes netting can be moved, there is no restriction to moving on to the pitch if thinks get hairy. But if there was a slow reaction time for managing a limited crowd there is a flaw in the system. Its not a blame game, it is a lets look at how to react better in future. Complacency has no place on this from fellow LoI supporters never mind Event Controllers et al. It might take decades for crowds to grow to the point where a few minutes is an eternity if systems are not well oiled at ALL times.

I have often said that they tendency for some Dundalk fans to all pile in to one section, breaching the sections safe capacity while nowhere near a stand capacity is risky and sections should only be accessed as per ticket. Everyone saw a sold out stand in Tallaght at Europa League games looking half empty as half the crowd over crowded a couple of sections. There goes your safe evacuation capacity for the section, if someone takes ill or gets burnt with a flare emergency services getting in to the area are slowed down. People panic instinctively and often just run from the sight of such an incident and are tripping and falling over seats and eachother. We are thankfully unlikely to have to worry about bomb threats but it doesnt mean that its not on a protocol, that those protocols (including the ability to move people quickly) should noy be implemented as its a highly unlikely risk.

We are such a kneejerk nation - when something goes wrong we then look at what went wrong and enforce systems that are not always new but just not used. RoI v England was the best thing to happen for crowd safety in this country, interagency liason started to happen after amd why we now have Gardaí calling the shots in where fans get placed in Daleymount recently for eample. 80k people would converge on Croke Park regularly and DFB, security, safety didnt do a walk around officially making sure gates werent chained up. I know i'm not comparing like with like on the Tallaght game thing but I truly believe that if things are not well oiled on a small scale then it can have a ripple effect.

I dont remember Stardust, but one relatively small nightclub ummm didnt take safety seriously (I wont say what I really think on that whole affair) but I will bet that every fire officer in the country was out spot checking premises the day after. Call this post an overeaction if you like too, the 2014 league decider was was number of oversights ranging from blazé stewarding in the home section, lack of anticipation of a pitch invasion meaning visiting fans being at risk (not a pop at Rovers but if similar had happened v Rovers there would have been lads over the wall to respond to taunts), a rake of stewards were focused on getting the presentation podium up and completely missed their priority function of crowd safety imo. Gardaí...rabbits in headlights! There was a major review in the weeks after. Maybe the poster is being dismissed above rather than the valid observation being made.

Things as basic as at junior clubs the AED is let locked in the boot of someones car or a clubhouse cause they dont bother with a prematch checklist - its only noticed when some por git keels over and there is a who what where panic. Ok I shall say no more on the subjject!!

Soooo attendances tonight, many actually travel from Dundalk in the end. Rovers playing on a Friday, not so cold and not on TV so it had to have been a sellout!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 16/03/2019 at 1:50 AM.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I’d guess around 3,500 in Tallaght.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Hopefully although i would say it was 3k at a push

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There is one major factor that you are missing out here, the institute games have a three o'clock kick off, so the little knackbags can't hide in the cover of darkness. I would suggest this has more to do with no trouble than a change in attitude towards the busses.

C.D.S.C

The copyright for this post is owned by AAD Enterprises and can be used at a cost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Around 3,900 at the Brandywell last night.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Maybe 500 at UCD v Harps last night.

Have a feeling the respective (non-title-winning) tie last season had about 300 at it, so that's something I guess...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Derry security men (lads in blue jackets) started being ********s to a few of our fans until a few of the proper Derry stewards told them to cop the **** on so they moved onto the grass area in front of away end

Sad sad men!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    What were they doing exactly? Thats 2 away games on the spin there has been some issue - are Dundalk fans' expectations set a bit high?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    What were they doing exactly? Thats 2 away games on the spin there has been some issue - are Dundalk fans' expectations set a bit high?
    They went in and tried to stand in the middle of the group of fans who arrived in just at kick off.
    Derry stewards rightly told them to **** off

Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast