Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1054

Thread: Attendances 2019

  1. #781
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    The always the victim complex is unreal here.
    At the end of the day Rovers, AGS, SDCC were given no indication until a couple hours to go to the game that the 900 allocation was insufficient. At that point the allocation size is locked in and not changing because when you do last minute changes is when stuff goes wrong. So the blame lies solely at the feet of Dundalk for not telling fans that 900 was all the tickets and Dundalk fans for travelling without tickets. If dundalk fans had bought tickets in advance maybe accommodations could have been made but 3 hours before kick off nothing can/should change.
    My reading above RH is that Dundalk fans have acknowledged that Dundalk FC were inadaquate with communication with Rovers and Dundalk Fans, acceptance that tickets on the gate caused issues before and it was the correct decision not to do so again to mitigate against a repeat. That netting was rearranged to improve on issues from a previous game. That fans that were left without tickets had only themselves to really blame. Not the 'victim complex' that you observe.

  2. #782
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    919
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    327
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    267
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Any chance we can all just move on from this endless squabbling lads ? Discussions are good, but this is just petty tit-for-tat ballax between supporters of a small number of clubs.

    It's infecting so many threads on here that it's wrecking the place IMO.

    Peace out.

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #783
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    627
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Any chance we can all just move on from this endless squabbling lads ? Discussions are good, but this is just petty tit-for-tat ballax between supporters of a small number of clubs.

    It's infecting so many threads on here that it's wrecking the place IMO.

    Peace out.
    Your ma 😁
    Even though I believe Tallaght to be the real world Mordor and shams to be the spawn of satan after a few pints and a dodgy curry, I do find it hard to believe any LOI club would deliberately turn away hundreds of punters waving cash at them.
    Bohs (can’t speak for Pats) sought additional tickets 2/3 weeks before the game - and got them, seriously doubt shams more concerned about Dundalk fans than ours. Maybe, just maybe Dundalk should have liked for more earlier ?

  5. Thanks From:


  6. #784
    Reserves vinnie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    350
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    638
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    But you's have never Shít in the Stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Your ma 
    Even though I believe Tallaght to be the real world Mordor and shams to be the spawn of satan after a few pints and a dodgy curry, I do find it hard to believe any LOI club would deliberately turn away hundreds of punters waving cash at them.
    Bohs (can’t speak for Pats) sought additional tickets 2/3 weeks before the game - and got them, seriously doubt shams more concerned about Dundalk fans than ours. Maybe, just maybe Dundalk should have liked for more earlier ?

  7. #785
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    But you's have never Shít in the Stand?
    Never happened! More shít on the pitch than ever was in the stand, no more squabbling though...

  8. #786
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    153
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    My reading above RH is that Dundalk fans have acknowledged that Dundalk FC were inadaquate with communication with Rovers and Dundalk Fans, acceptance that tickets on the gate caused issues before and it was the correct decision not to do so again to mitigate against a repeat. That netting was rearranged to improve on issues from a previous game. That fans that were left without tickets had only themselves to really blame. Not the 'victim complex' that you observe.
    All posts by dundalk fans read as blaming Rovers/SDCC/AGS and at best saying Dundalk didn't help anything when in reality the majority of blame should be shouldered by Dundalk.

  9. #787
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    627
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    But you's have never Shít in the Stand?
    WTF ? Please stop posting when drunk 😵

  10. Thanks From:


  11. #788
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    All posts by dundalk fans read as blaming Rovers/SDCC/AGS and at best saying Dundalk didn't help anything when in reality the majority of blame should be shouldered by Dundalk.
    So minority blame with Rovers? I've said "That fans that were left without tickets had only themselves to really blame".

    Tbh it was Rovers fans that first suggested that AGS set the ticket limit and conditions.

    In the past Asterix I think said that SDCC directed that toilets be closed off for away fans also?
    Last edited by Nesta99; 11/07/2019 at 8:38 PM.

  12. #789
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    153
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    So minority blame with Rovers? I've said "That fans that were left without tickets had only themselves to really blame".

    Tbh it was Rovers fans that first suggested that AGS set the ticket limit and conditions.

    In the past Asterix I think said that SDCC directed that toilets be closed off for away fans also?
    Well yeah because there is always something Rovers could do to accommodate a bigger crowd, they would have been uncommon things like telling Dundalk fans there'd be no tickets at the gate (which would also **** dundalk fans off in the event tickets didn't sell out beforehand), or set the original allocation bigger (which would cost rovers money in the event there was too much excess) so nobody is completely blameless but it's clutching at straws to look further than Oriel Park for someone to blame.

    They do in that they insist in ratios of fans (specifically away) to security personnel and once the number of security personnel is locked in they won't allow numbers to increase the ratio limit.

    Yeah that's true too after some alleged incidents at previous games.

  13. #790
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Dundalk should have been a lot quicker to realise the demand there was and approcah Rovers for additional allocation of tickets. Additional tickets allocated or not Dundalk should have been in contact with Rovers and subsequently informed Dundalk fans of a change with tickets not being available to buy on the night. Those left without tickets have themselves to blame for not getting tickets sooner considering the allocation didnt sell out until the morning of the game and had been on sale for weeks. Rovers did the totally right thing in not making tickets available on the away gates after the away area got overwhelmed in the previous game. It is great to see proactive action in ensuring spectator safety as things can get out of hand quickly.

    I cannot make any real judgement on colsing off toilets due to previous conduct of visiting fans as I didnt see any scumbaggery incident with toilets. I do think that it is not the done thing to prevent people from having access to toilets and maybe the thing to do was increase security not lock the essential facilities up. There was an unfortunate experience for a disable child who needed access to disabled toilets and this want available to the embaressment of the poor lad. I say this knowing well that Oriel Park lacks facilities but if in a ground where facilities exist I believe its poor form not to make them available especially for what was a genuine case and not some chancer looking to leave a 'mark' on the facility. While the misbehaviour of some fans would never surprise me I have not heard anyone bar one person mention a disgusting mess left behind in Tallaght. Ive not heard mention of SDCC taking exception that their stadium was disrespected in such away and neither do I believe that a local authority would deny public facilities to people even if abused (or not used) as it would leave them open to all sorts if issues with the likes of the HSA.

    Now back on thread! I am quite surprised at the low turn out in Turners Cross, in relative terms, for a European game. Even with the restricted capacity in Oriel there was more at the game than in Cork tonight. That has to be an additional worry from a budget sense, 3100 at the game on top of looking like being out first round and not likley to qualify again through the league. Its an ever decreasing cycle for Cork financially albeit with prudent budgeting as principle in the first instance. It will be a bit of a battle to climb back to top 3 or 4 without a rebuild with young lads if the budget is restricting 'quick fic' signings?

  14. #791
    Seasoned Pro El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,303
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,189
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    542
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Now back on thread! I am quite surprised at the low turn out in Turners Cross, in relative terms, for a European game. Even with the restricted capacity in Oriel there was more at the game than in Cork tonight. That has to be an additional worry from a budget sense, 3100 at the game on top of looking like being out first round and not likley to qualify again through the league. Its an ever decreasing cycle for Cork financially albeit with prudent budgeting as principle in the first instance. It will be a bit of a battle to climb back to top 3 or 4 without a rebuild with young lads if the budget is restricting 'quick fic' signings?
    This is the wrong topic for this discussion but I'll answer as best I can. Our season is over. Theres nothing really left to play for and its about getting through this year without being relegated and cutting the budget back as much as possible to put ourselves in as strong a position as possible for 2020. League crowds are down to ~2k and will probably fall further after last nights abject performance which makes things difficult.

    There are rumours of transfer offers from the Championship/League One for McCarthy and McLoughlin, I don't see us turning those down and I think we will be trying to move on several more players who don't seem interested. Hopefully the academy graduates such as Hurley, Byrne, Bargary, Crowley and others get their chance now and give us some bit of hope for the future. If one of them can show they are first team quality between now and the end of the season that would be a real win. Tadgh Ryan deserves a league run out to see if his performance against Preston was a one off or if there is a real player there, either way I think Mark McNultys days in the LOI are numbered.

    Our budget will take a hit next year without Europe to look forward but you'd expect it is relatively competitive with the likes of Bohs, Pats, Waterford and Derry even if we aren't going to be anywhere near the top two. A new manager and new team could very easily propel us back into the top 3 or 4, or we could make the wrong appointment and follow the path Sligo went down a few years back, impossible to know ahead of time, managerial appointments are always risky, the fact that Kenny couldn't make it work at Rovers proves that.

    As for our attendance last night, I was actually pretty happy with 3,100, we haven't been playing well, we don't know how to score goals and Progrés Niederkorn aren't a draw that would attract the floating fan. There were also about 12 away fans. I wonder how many of those 3,100 were still there at full time.

  15. #792
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    741
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    63
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Very healthy crowd for Cork last night.

  16. #793
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,844
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,033
    Thanked in
    633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Our budget will take a hit next year without Europe to look forward but you'd expect it is relatively competitive with the likes of Bohs, Pats, Waterford and Derry even if we aren't going to be anywhere near the top two. A new manager and new team could very easily propel us back into the top 3 or 4, or we could make the wrong appointment and follow the path Sligo went down a few years back, impossible to know ahead of time, managerial appointments are always risky, the fact that Kenny couldn't make it work at Rovers proves that.
    The appointment of the next manager is clearly crucial and referencing Stephen Kenny is appropriate in that there are a lot of similarities between the current situation at Cork and the circumstances of his appointment at Dundalk in 2012. He retained only 4 of the players from the previous season (Chris Shields, John Mountney, Stephen McDonnell and Peter Cherrie) and built a new squad of young emerging players bolstered by a couple of experienced characters (Stephen O'Donnell and Mark Rossiter). John Caulfield also achieved incredible first season results taking a club from 6th place with 46 points to 2nd place with 72 points. However there is also a lesson in the narrative of Kenny failing at Rovers - he certainly did not succeed, but I suspect the failure was more got to do with a lack of patience from the board to allow the time needed to succeed.

    As Cork have only a small number of players in contract beyond the end of the season, there is a great opportunity to clear out the deadwood and to build a competitive squad. Presumably this appointment will be made sooner rather than later once the formality of Europa League exit has happened. A lot rests on it.

  17. #794
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    882
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    476 Posts
    Has this been a bit of an audition opportunity for John Cotter? With limited success under difficult circumstances he'll be out of a job in months.

  18. #795
    Seasoned Pro El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,303
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,189
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    542
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Has this been a bit of an audition opportunity for John Cotter? With limited success under difficult circumstances he'll be out of a job in months.
    There was probably an element of that, low risk option, let him take the team for a bit and if he shows hes able to turn things around then great. He has not shown any reason to give him the job full time. You could argue the team hes been given is a shambles and thats not his fault, but there is very little to be optimistic about in recent performances. the game gainst Derry was disgraceful and somehow last night was worse. We were lucky enough to come up against a team as poor as Progrés, a better team would have punished us heavily.

  19. Thanks From:


  20. #796
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,892
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,705
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,052
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    The always the victim complex is unreal here.
    Plenty of Dundalk fans saying the opposite, to be fair.

  21. #797
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,892
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,705
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,052
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    My reading above RH is that Dundalk fans have acknowledged that Dundalk FC were inadaquate with communication with Rovers and Dundalk Fans, acceptance that tickets on the gate caused issues before and it was the correct decision not to do so again to mitigate against a repeat. That netting was rearranged to improve on issues from a previous game. That fans that were left without tickets had only themselves to really blame. Not the 'victim complex' that you observe.
    The stewarding and policing at Tallaght is generally very good and, as you said, they learned lessons from the last time. Tallaght police handle the security for most games but for the bigger games, like this and Bohs, they're under a microscope from HQ so you can understand them being a bit less flexible in terms of numbers let in. We don't have it a fraction of as bad as Bohs do from the Gards in their area and we should be glad of it.

  22. #798
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    627
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The stewarding and policing at Tallaght is generally very good and, as you said, they learned lessons from the last time. Tallaght police handle the security for most games but for the bigger games, like this and Bohs, they're under a microscope from HQ so you can understand them being a bit less flexible in terms of numbers let in. We don't have it a fraction of as bad as Bohs do from the Gards in their area and we should be glad of it.
    Always found AGS in Tallaght to be fine and very well organised. The ground was set up (policed, stewarded etc) for so many people and late changes can be logistically difficult.

    No reason why shams would intentionally turn away cash so no "conspiracy theories". It really is simple - if it means that much, get a ticket in time. If it doesn't mean that much then STFU.

  23. #799
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,997
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    361
    Thanked in
    263 Posts
    I still think it was the guy on the grassy knoll that fired the fatal shot

  24. #800
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,844
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,033
    Thanked in
    633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Always found AGS in Tallaght to be fine and very well organised. The ground was set up (policed, stewarded etc) for so many people and late changes can be logistically difficult.

    No reason why shams would intentionally turn away cash so no "conspiracy theories". It really is simple - if it means that much, get a ticket in time. If it doesn't mean that much then STFU.
    So you think the main points that have been made are allegations of " conspiracy theories" and about early buying of away end tickets? If so you are fairly wide of the mark.

    Maybe you see yourself as an apologist for Rovers & SDCC stadium management?
    Weren't you the poster who labeled those expressing safety concerns about over crowding as snowflakes?

Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Attendances
    By Cabs88 in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23/10/2010, 1:50 PM
  2. Attendances
    By pineapple stu in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26/11/2007, 12:17 PM
  3. Attendances
    By pineapple stu in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20/11/2007, 10:24 AM
  4. Attendances in the '60s and '70s
    By sonofstan in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 15/10/2006, 8:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •