Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Theres about 1,500 season ticket holders at Rovers, so I'm told.

But unlike dundalk, where there is literally NOTHING else to do with your life, people have other commitments in Dublin and the surrounding areas where Rovers draw their fans.

good win on a cold night.
    hopefully we can stay top of the league after next friday night game
    Stop being stupid will ya,there's always Dogging to be done in Drogheda - and like who's going wash all that green diesel that's out the back of the gaff.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

But unlike dundalk, where there is literally NOTHING else to do with your life, people have other commitments in Dublin and the surrounding areas where Rovers draw their fans.
    Brilliant

I think I'll book my summer holidays for Tallaght!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

All I said was it was a poor crowd which has been mentioned plenty of times on Twitter

No need to lose your ****e cause you had a poor crowd on a monday

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Decent? I’d expect them to have at least 1,000 season ticket holders

Pats who would be considered a much smaller club had 200 more last Mon V same team
    Rovers only count tickets scanned as far as I know so that's the number that paid and went.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Decent? I’d expect them to have at least 1,000 season ticket holders

Pats who would be considered a much smaller club had 200 more last Mon V same team
    What was it last Monday 17 degrees or something like that? Think it was around 7 today at most and ****ing rain constantly and around 3 during the match. That alone is a huge factor for attendance and that's before you add in that it's the 4th game in 10 days and the 3rd home game in that time with another derby to come on Friday. For people without season tickets that's a lot of money to be forking out in a short space of time on tickets alone.

Game should never have been organised for tonight, didn't suit any party but the FAI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts

They should plant a lemon tree or two out in Roadstone for you PC, you would would be in good company all on your own looking after them, the fruit they bear might need some sweetening for you though!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    What was it last Monday 17 degrees or something like that? Think it was around 7 today at most and ****ing rain constantly and around 3 during the match. That alone is a huge factor for attendance and that's before you add in that it's the 4th game in 10 days and the 3rd home game in that time with another derby to come on Friday. For people without season tickets that's a lot of money to be forking out in a short space of time on tickets alone.
    Why isnt there a bleeding heart emoji? You must be relatively new to LoI RH and dont remember the winter seasons prior to 2002. January in Oriel, Bray, Galway, Harps among most (or all) other places. The sparkly new Tallaght Stadium must be a tad more comfortable than the open windswept spots around the league - there really is no pleasing some people, lobby the landlord for heated seats in the next new stand....

Why so sensitive lads? It's an expected albeit average like gate on a Monday night that other clubs would go meh, not the worst considering!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    It's disappointing to see Rovers drop under 2,000 already, but they've had 2 big, big crowds already. The overall trend seems to be moderately encouraging. It'd be interesting to see what attendance figures might be like if we had, say, 4 or 5 teams within half a dozen points until at least the last series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Brilliant

I think I'll book my summer holidays for Tallaght!
    I have relations in it, it's a bleak spot all right, I'd rather be rolling counterfeit fags in Dundalk on a week night than reburying bodies in the Dublin mountains.

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Why isnt there a bleeding heart emoji? You must be relatively new to LoI RH and dont remember the winter seasons prior to 2002. January in Oriel, Bray, Galway, Harps among most (or all) other places. The sparkly new Tallaght Stadium must be a tad more comfortable than the open windswept spots around the league - there really is no pleasing some people, lobby the landlord for heated seats in the next new stand....

Why so sensitive lads? It's an expected albeit average like gate on a Monday night that other clubs would go meh, not the worst considering!
    I don't know what winter in 2002 has to do with comparing two attendances for this season. If I was comparing it to a game from that era then yeah you'd have a point but I'm not so the fact that in comparison to the game I'm actually talking about it is baltic out is a valid reason for a low attendance. The 3rd home game in a week and a half with Dublin derby just passed and another in under a week is going to have a low attendance. Pats in comparison hadn't had a home game since opening day and don't have another until this Friday and it was gorgeous out, of course they'll get a decent crowd for a Monday night.

Really telling that most of the posts about Rovers' attendance are by dundalk fans... I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions from that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    I don't know what winter in 2002 has to do with comparing two attendances for this season. If I was comparing it to a game from that era then yeah you'd have a point but I'm not so the fact that in comparison to the game I'm actually talking about it is baltic out is a valid reason for a low attendance. The 3rd home game in a week and a half with Dublin derby just passed and another in under a week is going to have a low attendance. Pats in comparison hadn't had a home game since opening day and don't have another until this Friday and it was gorgeous out, of course they'll get a decent crowd for a Monday night.

Really telling that most of the posts about Rovers' attendance are by dundalk fans... I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions from that
    jus concerned citizens rh
    It was a bad turn-out you have to admit.Cosy stadium and hot bovril an all da.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I was cold but my heart was warmed by going top of the league,
    Mondays are a disaster for us as lots of families come and can't on school nights.
    Either way 11000 people at the first 3 home matches including a monday is a good start so i'm not going to start moaning yet.

Attendances are going to be well up in general for a few weeks at least.
    I'd expect a big crowd in inchicore on Friday and likewise at other matches where teams would consider themselves still in the mix.
    In the past few years plenty of clubs looked like they were out of the league after 5 or 6 matches.
    Cork are the exception at the moment but a couple of wins will change that

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I think it was a decent turnout in the circumstances, but am not particularly bothered one way or the other.

But Shams fans getting so excited about this is pretty funny.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Poor old Dundalk, the most successful period in their history, and all they have to talk about is Rovers manager, Rovers attendances, Rovers possible investment by Desmond, Rovers, Rovers, Rovers. Must be horrible to have such small man syndrome, but on the bright side, when you have six fingers on each hand you can probably clap louder than everyone else.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

But unlike dundalk, where there is literally NOTHING else to do with your life, people have other commitments in Tallaght and the surrounding areas where Rovers draw their fans.

Yep, signing on, burglary, jacking cars, ripping apart a local LIDL, it really is a very hectic life in Tallaght

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    Our hardcore is at about the 200-300 range. They would come even if we were in the MSL. Our casuals are around 1500 or thereabouts with the rest hangers on and glory hunters. Every club has them. To hazard a guess, I'd say that our entire fanbase is around the 4.5k range. That is what we are working from. Last year we averaged about 2,500 attendance at home. We haven't done this since 2003 when Jimmy McGeough was in charge and he brought back the feel good factor. It's great to see but if something went badly wrong or if Lee Power decided to pull the plug in the morning, we could very well be back in the low hundreds like we were back in 2016. We live on a razor's edge. Such is life in our beloved League of Ireland.
    Quote Originally Posted by dejadem View Post
    I wasn't questioning the number, the stand was well populated, it's how is the number calculated without ticket stubs or turnstile clicks.
    He's got a clicker at the gate

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    Poor old Dundalk, the most successful period in their history, and all they have to talk about is Rovers manager, Rovers attendances, Rovers possible investment by Desmond, Rovers, Rovers, Rovers. Must be horrible to have such small man syndrome, but on the bright side, when you have six fingers on each hand you can probably clap louder than everyone else.
    You dont think that the litany of frantic and unnecessary Rovers fans posts on attendance can be commented on? I am a Dundalk fan (who has recently said the 1800 is at a push our hardcore support so hardly claiming a moral highground there) I enjoy chatting about league wide issues and last time I checked Rovers where part of the set up. If someone does post excessively about Rovers you will find that that poster thoroughly enjoys the reaction every single time! A quick look back and with exceptions there isnt excessive posting on clubs unless there is an issue at hand. Its not quite the days of every thread being derailed by Bohs/Rovers sniping mind. Sure Dundalk's pitch, away section, and American investment are hardly void of other clubs' supporters opinions and were even bestowed with their own threads such was the level of interest. Small man syndrome could also be called here with the very defensive nature of responses, a few posts were likely for the purpose of soliciting reaction such as yours Sundance! 'it was tooo cold, we had a Derby last week, we had a home game on Friday' (all arguably valid reasons and something that effects all clubs) all thats missing is a mypost like contribution on burden of the trip to Dalymount with no direct buses. Its Harp's that have the real issue with the scheduling not the home side, maybe the FAI should consult Met Eireann before lettings games go ahead in case its too chilly!? As for 6 fingers...its 6 toes ffs get it right, even Cork fans know that!!!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 05/03/2019 at 3:56 PM. Reason: 6 finger typos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Christ PC have a word with the rest of your comrades on here. You're fighting the good fight for Rovers trolls and they're ruining it all by jumping in every net cast. Some serious meltdowns lads, log off and lie down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Christ PC have a word with the rest of your comrades on here. You're fighting the good fight for Rovers trolls and they're ruining it all by jumping in every net cast. Some serious meltdowns lads, log off and lie down
    Ye know what they say about feeding trolls and all! Last night's fairly benign comment from Dundalkfc10 fairly netted a few and I dont even thing he was really baiting! The subsequent reactions were hopped on for sure. Some people (PC) were being a tad too sensitive lol. Rovers fans should be flattered by the attention and scrutiny their clubs gets as the biggest and bestest club on the island!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Ye know what they say about feeding trolls and all! Last night's fairly benign comment from Dundalkfc10 fairly netted a few and I dont even thing he was really baiting! The subsequent reactions were hopped on for sure. Some people (PC) were being a tad too sensitive lol. Rovers fans should be flattered by the attention and scrutiny their clubs gets as the biggest and bestest club on the island!!
    100% wasnt. If we got that crowd Id say it was poor.

Its poor! Rovers should easilt be getting 2,000plus even if it is a Monday V Harps

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast