Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1107

Thread: Attendances 2019

  1. #1061
    International Prospect Lim till i die's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    8,067
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    113
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,353
    Thanked in
    627 Posts
    I was at 22 or 23 of Limericks league games this season gone (God telpus) as well as four or five league games Limerick weren't involved in and those attendance figures are as usual laughable.

    I'm not knocking nigel fairplay to him doing it and it generates traffic for the forum as well as pages and pages and pages of deluded lunacy.

    But as a guide to how many people are attending league of Ireland games it's about as useful as the rte guide.

  2. #1062
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,696
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    724
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I was at 22 or 23 of Limericks league games this season gone (God telpus) as well as four or five league games Limerick weren't involved in and those attendance figures are as usual laughable.

    I'm not knocking nigel fairplay to him doing it and it generates traffic for the forum as well as pages and pages and pages of deluded lunacy.

    But as a guide to how many people are attending league of Ireland games it's about as useful as the rte guide.
    In a positive or negative on figures?

  3. #1063
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,033
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    366
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    If we have established one thing on here its that supporters cant count
    Its a list of official figures (mostly) perhaps Nigel could put an * against Limerick?

  4. #1064
    International Prospect Lim till i die's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    8,067
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    113
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,353
    Thanked in
    627 Posts
    In my experience those first division crowds are grossly exaggerated even the teeny tiny ones (cobh haven't had 280 at a league game in years never mind averaging it.) Athlone and Longford are gas as well. Shels averaging four figures in the first division? 900 people going to games in Drogheda? Laughable.

    It was ever thus though. Fans who give crowds always always overestimate their own crowds. The FAI encourages (at least used to encourage anyway) clubs to massage the figures upwards as well.

    In fairness to Limerick (God telpus) anytime I counted the crowd (it was that kind of a year) and it was announced we were both fairly close. But then some days there'd be no crowd announced. There wasn't the colour of 200 people at our last two home games for example.

  5. #1065
    International Prospect Lim till i die's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    8,067
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    113
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,353
    Thanked in
    627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If we have established one thing on here its that supporters cant count
    Its a list of official figures (mostly) perhaps Nigel could put an * against Limerick?
    And here's a fella who thinks official figures are accurate.

  6. #1066
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,696
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    724
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    I think Nigel as much as possible got the officially announced figures, massaged or not, rather than fans own estimates.

    It's true though and a strange one as try as ye might to guesstimate the crowds in Oriel, for example, few ever seem to be the same as the official attendance. Some have been estimated as below 3000 yet on the basics of stand, shed, and away section full that would be 3k and not counting home terrace or behind town goal. Another night and 1800 would be a guess and 2300 is called out. So who knows! The policy of counting tickets sold including season tickets rather than people actually in the ground will skew any guage for guessing.

  7. #1067
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,033
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    366
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    And here's a fella who thinks official figures are accurate.
    Mostly i think they are accurate within reason but in fairness what figures can be used to have a discussion or comparisons other than official figures.
    At least from a making comparisons YOY the inaccuracies youd hope would be consistant...(probably , maybe , possibly)

  8. #1068
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    109
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    72
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I felt the Galway crowds were bigger than the number actually there this year. This may be due to including season tickets.

  9. #1069
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    302
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    180 for an adult season ticket at rovers next season. Think its been 230 previous years, some value, hopefully lowering the price works and more people buy them. 100 for 2nd/3rd lvl students and oaps, 20 for under 14s.

  10. #1070
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    762
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    180 for an adult season ticket at rovers next season. Think its been 230 previous years, some value, hopefully lowering the price works and more people buy them. 100 for 2nd/3rd lvl students and oaps, 20 for under 14s.
    Id say they will sell well at that price. Is that for a seat or just entrance ?

  11. #1071
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,033
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    85
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    366
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    It's all seated.
    Great deal tbf

  12. #1072
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    762
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    It's all seated.
    Great deal tbf
    I phrased the question wrong I meant an assigned seat number for every game.

  13. #1073
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,865
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    150
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,039
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    180 for an adult season ticket at rovers next season. Think its been 230 previous years, some value, hopefully lowering the price works and more people buy them. 100 for 2nd/3rd lvl students and oaps, 20 for under 14s.
    Strong if risky initiative from Rovers to reduce from 210 last season to 180. Although it should help to attract new buyers it is of little use if it only transfers revenue from match day sales into season tickets. Some 300 reserved seat ST holders could also decide to trade down. It will need to attract over 15% extra or new customers to be revenue neutral. No doubt it represents cracking value to watch a decent footballing side in an excellent stadium and will be warmly received among the existing support

    The 20 offer for children is practically risk free and is a brilliant intiative to build the supporter base and make use of the spare capacity in Tallaght Stadium

    Kudos to those involved

  14. #1074
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    762
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Every club in the league should copy the €20 for kids ST imo.

  15. #1075
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,773
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,361
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,103
    Thanked in
    1,806 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Every club in the league should copy the €20 for kids ST imo.
    It is an interesting one. Kids go free in Finn Park, but I'd wonder is it more beneficial to charge a nominal price and sell kids season tickets instead.

  16. #1076
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    813
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    It is an interesting one. Kids go free in Finn Park, but I'd wonder is it more beneficial to charge a nominal price and sell kids season tickets instead.
    We did it this season, u14s were free but for 20e kids could joined the drogster club which gave them merchandise and a land yard season ticket with their name etc for games which made them feel more part of the club. As a parent I thought it was a fab initiative.
    Drogheda United in this together

  17. #1077
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,773
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,361
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,103
    Thanked in
    1,806 Posts
    Final update I suppose.

    These are the only games, beside Derry fixtures, that I have estimated figures for. Everything else is official figures.

    Dundalk v Waterford - 1st July
    Dundalk v St Pats - 25th Oct
    Limerick v Cobh - 26th July

    Generally have had no issue getting Dundalk attendances, so I've no idea why these weren't made available.


    PREMIER DIVISION

    Bohs - 2,878 (2,148; 2,006; 1,627; 1,724; 1,395; 1,597; 1,496; 1,488)
    Cork - 2,505 (4,245; 4,559; 2,533; 3,263; 3,777; 1,965; 2,786; 2,128 FD)
    Derry - 2,878 (2,297; 1,517; 1,563; 1,124; 1,106; 1,446; 1,460; 2,135)
    Dundalk - 2,775 (2,738; 2,674; 2,738; 3,158; 2,534; 1,997; 949; 1,355)
    Harps - 1,153 (708 FD; 1,202; 1,216; 784 FD; 449 FD; 479 FD; 429 FD; 433 FD; 644 FD)
    Pat's - 1,887 (1,621; 1,504; 1,088; 1,321; 1,386; 1,687; 1,474; 1,346)
    Rovers - 3,445 (2,749; 2,809; 2,041; 2,890; 2,269; 2,763; 3,127; 3,779)
    Sligo - 1,995 (1,853; 1,717; 1,750; 1,750; 1,959; 2,342; 3,007; 2,103)
    Waterford - 1,597 (2,329; 1,550 FD; 314 FD; 460 FD; 470 FD; 478 FD; 453 FD; 466 FD)
    UCD - 735 (365 FD; 236 FD; 297 FD; 216 FD; 397; 487; 506; 558; 610)

    FIRST DIVISION

    Athlone - 369 (130; 154; 156; 314; 653 PD; 754; 271; 200)
    Bray - 798 (643 PD; 966 PD; 957 PD; 769 PD; 718 PD; 891 PD; 965 PD; 1,121 PD)
    Cabinteely - 370 (261; 346; 352; 610)
    Cobh - 280 (236; 358; 403; 366; 223; 439; 2008 - 1,122 PD; 681)
    Drogheda - 928 (377; 850 PD; 583; 813 PD; 1,064 PD; 817 PD; 977 PD; 811 PD)
    Galway - 795 (746; 1,376 PD; 1,169 PD; 1,290 PD; 975)
    Limerick - 451 (931 PD; 1,610 PD; 1,131; 1,206 PD; 757 PD; 1,649 PD; 734; 569)
    Longford - 611 (449; 342; 488 PD; 803 PD; 567; 379; 365; 315)
    Shels - 1,075 (654; 496; 554; 596; 713; 1,114 PD; 1,187 PD; 781)
    Wexford - 235 (181; 338; 585 PD; 553; 331; 227; 302; 216)

    PREMIER AVERAGE: 2,185 (2,170; 1,902; 1,476; 1,681; 1,502; 1,566; 1,630; 1,547)
    FIRST DIVISION AVERAGE: 586 (413; 477; 476; 486; 495; 391; 372; 578)

    OVERALL AVERAGE: 1,500 (1,249; 1,387; 1,117; 1,249; 1,160; 1,140; 1,125; 1,110)


    OVERALL PREMIER ATTENDANCE: 393,238 (316,515; 376,627; 292,204; 332,805; 297,334)
    OVERALL FIRST ATTENDANCE: 79,115 (55,756; 53,461; 52,807; 54,474; 55,408)

    OVERALL COMBINED ATTENDANCE: 472,353 (372,271; 430,088; 345,011; 387,279; 352,742)

  18. Thanks From:


  19. #1078
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,773
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,361
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,103
    Thanked in
    1,806 Posts
    Couple of notes:

    Encouraging to see 17 of the 20 teams mark an increase on their average attendance figure this season.

    Less than 7,000 attendees away from breaking 400,000 through Premier Division gates this season.

    Highest total number of attendees since I started collecting figures in 2012 season.

    Shamrock Rovers accounted for the top 6 attendance figures themselves, 7,021 being their highest. St Pat's (4,389) and Cork City (4,382) make up the next two highest.

    Worth noting that Bohemians had several 'sell out' fixtures this season though, four of their fixtures broke 3,500 attendees, and they're the only club in the League of Ireland who didn't mark down an attendance of less than 2,000 this season.

    Drogheda Uniteds final home game in the regulation season was listed as a sell out in United Park. 2,596 people went through the gates for the highest First Division attendance of the season.

    Despite their poor season, Galway United had the second highest attendance figure in the First Division at 2,174 in their opening game in Deacy Park.

    Shelbourne posted 1,655 and 1,647 in their final two games for the next two highest figures. Top five is rounded off by Bray Wanderers with 1,428.

    In total, there were 17 games in the First Division above 1,000 attendees, which is the highest in quite a few years. Shels with 7 and Bray with 5 accounted for the majority.

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #1079
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    941
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    334
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    275
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Strong if risky initiative from Rovers to reduce from €210 last season to €180. Although it should help to attract new buyers it is of little use if it only transfers revenue from match day sales into season tickets. Some €300 reserved seat ST holders could also decide to trade down. It will need to attract over 15% extra or new customers to be revenue neutral. No doubt it represents cracking value to watch a decent footballing side in an excellent stadium and will be warmly received among the existing support

    The €20 offer for children is practically risk free and is a brilliant intiative to build the supporter base and make use of the spare capacity in Tallaght Stadium

    Kudos to those involved
    But that is literally the whole idea behind season tickets. Get people committed up front and their money in the bank early. Rather than risk them making fewer fixtures if results are bad, they get busy at work, have weddings etc to go to etc etc. Season Tickets also enable better financial planning than just waiting to see how many pay in for each fixture.

  22. #1080
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    762
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    But that is literally the whole idea behind season tickets. Get people committed up front and their money in the bank early. Rather than risk them making fewer fixtures if results are bad, they get busy at work, have weddings etc to go to etc etc. Season Tickets also enable better financial planning than just waiting to see how many pay in for each fixture.
    100% spot on imo, particularly about financial planning.

Similar Threads

  1. Attendances
    By Cabs88 in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23/10/2010, 1:50 PM
  2. Attendances
    By pineapple stu in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26/11/2007, 12:17 PM
  3. Attendances
    By pineapple stu in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20/11/2007, 10:24 AM
  4. Attendances in the '60s and '70s
    By sonofstan in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 15/10/2006, 8:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •