Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Yeah about 2,000 Pats fans, our home crowds will keep getting smaller and smaller as the weeks go due to the horrendous football we play, who can blame them.
    Yes, I honestly thought Pats were excellent first 30 mins at Dalymount, really moved the ball well (Dundalk the only team impressed me more this season) but thought they were poor Friday night, too much long ball with little strategy or direction.
    Can only judge on games I’ve seen (which means games V Bohs) but judging on that they are regressing rather than progressing. Unless things change they may have a decision to make post season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    482 behind now. Probably go up with the derby coming up but similarly Rovers still have another home derby which has more room for growth than Bohs home derby
    Yeah fair points. I actually think with the growth Bohs have seen in their attendances over the last number of years that if we weren't limited by capacity then both Bohs and Rovers would be averaging about 4000 a week with the derby possibly double that.

Bohs have sold out 8 of their 9 home games. Derry we had to turn home fans away. Against UCD we had home fans in the away end. Most importantly though we could have double our capacity for Rovers too.

I'd expect Rovers to finish roughly 1000 ahead of Bohs come the end of the year but gap in the new Dalyer will be nominal, be it Rovers or Bohs ahead by a few dozen.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    Yeah fair points. I actually think with the growth Bohs have seen in their attendances over the last number of years that if we weren't limited by capacity then both Bohs and Rovers would be averaging about 4000 a week with the derby possibly double that.

Bohs have sold out 8 of their 9 home games. Derry we had to turn home fans away. Against UCD we had home fans in the away end. Most importantly though we could have double our capacity for Rovers too.

I'd expect Rovers to finish roughly 1000 ahead of Bohs come the end of the year but gap in the new Dalyer will be nominal, be it Rovers or Bohs ahead by a few dozen.

Yeah the insistence on rotating the ground 90 degrees is really hampering Bohs because it makes them completely reliant on the shopping centre development. If they got an extra 15-20 meters of land off the shopping centre then they could be redeveloping the ground now and capacity wouldn't be an issue for long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Still think it's terrible that a quick job can't be done on exosting parts of the ground to increase capacity. Couple thousand seats lying unused, albeit in a state of disrepair.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Still think it's terrible that a quick job can't be done on exosting parts of the ground to increase capacity. Couple thousand seats lying unused, albeit in a state of disrepair.
    It's an annoying one alright. It's also odd as a bohs board member said on twitter that the bottom half of the connaught street side is only unusable due to access which is strange as according to DCC documents the land owned by the shopping centre is just the whole tramway end upto the big gate and entrance in the corner so that big gate and the few turnstiles to its right are in theory available to the club to use so I don't get why Bohs cant put away fans in there unless the stand at the top is that unsafe that people aren't allowed under it to get in, which I'd have thought would be easily fixable by knocking down that corner and just blocking off under the rest of that stand.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    It's annoying alright. It was deemed an infeasible solution but I'm not 100% sure why. There's talk that the foundation is unsafe and there's talk of access. Maybe it's an issue of both however.

Even six or seven hundred seats would sort out the capacity issues in the short to medium term until the development takes places (which is 18 months away
    from starting as currently is projected)

I've been over there a few times. I know it's in bits, little leg room and no roof but at least there's a great view of the pitch.

It would be one of the worst away sections but it wouldn't be the absolute worst. It's not as if the des Kelly stand has much going for it either. There's a worse view there and equally poor facilities, albeit there is somewhat of a roof.

Again, would be a great short term solution

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Great view from that side too. It is a pity when there is the demand there. If there is any significant delay to the development then surely the concrete underneath could be reenforced without ridiculous cost, well not so much that it wouldnt pay for itself with an additional minimum 1000 people a few times in one season. What do Bohs fans think would be a potential gate if the 'sold out' signs werent up in the windows at the reduced capacity?

Id say the same for a temporary stand behind the Carrick goal in Oriel for upcoming European games, and the potential additional away support that might attend games around that time of the season. Between mid July and the September game v Rovers there are 2 home European games minimum, hopefully more as CLQR 1 and 2 could be played in Oriel and possibly QR3 in EL depending on opposition. Demand will be much greater than reduced seated capacity so potentialy 3 games alone would be an approx additiona €60k in gates (based on 1k stand and €20 per ticket), add the Rovers game if it is still a crunch domestic game and its another 10-20k depending on pricing etc. Surely enough to cover the cost. If's and buts I know and maybe there are more stringent regulation than there were in the past. It would be erected on a solid base which was the main requirement for dispensation on tempoary seating. It could be less cost than renting Tallaght again depending on opposition and demand. If we were going to sell out Tallaght for the European games then its a different story of course.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 19/05/2019 at 6:52 PM.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Said it a few times this year but I genuinely think the sold out signs are doing Bohs wonders. Everyone wants a ticket to something they can't get. If they had an extra 1000 seats would they fill them? Or more to the point would they fill enough of them to cover the cost of extra seating? For the derby of course they would, for Finn Harps etc I highly doubt it

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    It's annoying alright. It was deemed an infeasible solution but I'm not 100% sure why. There's talk that the foundation is unsafe and there's talk of access. Maybe it's an issue of both however.

Even six or seven hundred seats would sort out the capacity issues in the short to medium term until the development takes places (which is 18 months away

I've been over there a few times. I know it's in bits, little leg room and no roof but at least there's a great view of the pitch.

It would be one of the worst away sections but it wouldn't be the absolute worst. It's not as if the des Kelly stand has much going for it either. There's a worse view there and equally poor facilities, albeit there is somewhat of a roof.

Where are away fans in Dalymount these days. Probably heading to the game this coming Friday.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Where are away fans in Dalymount these days. Probably heading to the game this coming Friday.
    Des Kelly Stand (Peters Road). If there are tickets available there wouldn't be a problem with Sligo fans going in the Jodi Stand but the bulk of your support will be in the Des Kelly Stand.

On a wider note, as Bohs no longer own the ground (Dublin City Council do) we will not be doing any major work on it. the Council are responsible and I suspect any work they do will be fairly minimal (H&S, necessary tidying up, maintenance etc). Our gates this season have totally exceeded expectation but it is very unlikely we will be able to expand capacity by any great amount. Connaught Street side (opposite the JODI) is unsafe and would require major work to get a safety certificate and the shopping centre end, well lets not go there ! May well be a case of plodding along until the redevelopment of Dalymount happens.Pity not to be able to maximize on increased interest but some of it is football tourists (welcome but not a basis for investment) and some resulting from good team performance and general LOI crowd 'bounce'. again, all welcome but none the basis for investment.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Many Bohs expected to in Oriel tonight.

Hopefully you have a big crowd like last time (Ive been informed the toilets are open for ya)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Great view from that side too. It is a pity when there is the demand there. If there is any significant delay to the development then surely the concrete underneath could be reenforced without ridiculous cost, well not so much that it wouldnt pay for itself with an additional minimum 1000 people a few times in one season. What do Bohs fans think would be a potential gate if the 'sold out' signs werent up in the windows at the reduced capacity?
    I'm keeping a little tracker for attendances for Bohs this season. Our average so far is 3190. If we had a bigger stadium two things would happen.
    1) More people would be inclined to go because toilets are better, seats will be bigger, stadium newer, better view etc etc
    2) We would physically be able to hold more people because we have sold out 8 of our 9 matches.

With both of these in mind, had we been in our new 6,000 seater stadium at the start of this year I reckon our average would be 3763.
    So we'd have about 573 more.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    You'll be in the Des Kelly stand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Many Bohs expected to in Oriel tonight.

Hopefully you have a big crowd like last time (Ive been informed the toilets are open for ya)
    Not sure, home again next Friday (Pats game last Friday also a Dublin fixture) and the club ran a well attended fundraiser last night in Vicar street.Having said that a lot nicer evening than our previous visit but still expect a lower crowd.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 20/05/2019 at 4:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I'm keeping a little tracker for attendances for Bohs this season. Our average so far is 3190. If we had a bigger stadium two things would happen.
    1) More people would be inclined to go because toilets are better, seats will be bigger, stadium newer, better view etc etc
    2) We would physically be able to hold more people because we have sold out 8 of our 9 matches.

With both of these in mind, had we been in our new 6,000 seater stadium at the start of this year I reckon our average would be 3763.
    3747 might just be enough for the Big Club!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Just pick that number at random did you?

You've also got to factor in that a lot of tourist football fans online asking about going to a LOI game are being pointed towards Bohs because of Dalymounts historical significance. Post redevelopment that's gone so you might lose some of them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    512 in Bray

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    512 in Bray