Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Televised Fixtures

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Very impressed with the number of games Eir are showing - both European and league.

I took the plunge and begrudgingly subscribed to them a couple of weeks back, expecting it to prove poor VFM. But the numebr of games announced since has been very good. Well done Eir Sport

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I could never understand which broadcaster would have the rights for CL games in the early rounds.Are RTÉ,with first refusal maybe just saying "we don't want it",then EIR take it or maybe they cant have it and could pick up the away game?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I could never understand which broadcaster would have the rights for CL games in the early rounds.Are RTÉ,with first refusal maybe just saying "we don't want it",then EIR take it or maybe they cant have it and could pick up the away game?
    Each club own their home leg rights to sell or show themselves as they wish. Until the play-off round I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Harps first win on TV in 20 years!

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayspasser View Post
    Eir are showing a lot of LoI and European fixtures recently. While that's to be appreciated from an LoI point of view, is that also a sign of them trying to remain relevant after they're losing BT Sport?
    They always show most of their LOI games over the summer months but after losing BT Sport to Sky they're proper sh*tting it as they've lost everything bar LOI, Allianz League GAA, Pro 14 and the Rugby World Cup, which will be free to air elsewhere anyway. Unless that lot will do you or you like watching the Skerries 500 or you're getting it for free as an Eir Broadband customer (which as an aside means you're mental anyway) it's not worth it at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Add that to the availability of sites like skor and there is little reason to pay what €30pm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Add that to the availability of sites like skor and there is little reason to pay what €30pm.
    The quality of Eir coverage is leaps and bounds ahead of Skor though. With the added benefit of being able to record games and watch them later (as I did with both Rovers-Brann games and Pats-Norkopping).

I appreciate that not everyone will deem that worth paying for, but it works for me.

Plus if we all complain bitterly about the limited media coverage the league gets and then use free online sites instead of the broadcasters when they do cover it, it's inevitable that the coverage will never improve.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I agree! As the pilot streaming of games was launched skor just used that platform to stream the games which is a risk to the service being rolled out. I would pay to see Dundalk games streamed if benefitting the club and league but many wouldnt. As for Eir, probably false economy but I quite enjoy heading in to a pub to watch a game especially an away European game.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Have to say I would rather pay for decent coverage and commentary then watch some internet stream.
    The eir subscription is the price of a quiet night in the pub and being able to record matches (as said above) is an extra benefit

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Have to say I would rather pay for decent coverage and commentary then watch some internet stream.
    The eir subscription is the price of a quiet night in the pub and being able to record matches (as said above) is an extra benefit
    I'm on it for €34.99 a month.Internet,phone and eir sports with up to 5 users on the app.Deal and a half.Contract is until November which is around the time the LOI is over.12 month contract only as well so will wait and see what happens but one of the best deals i've ever gotten from an internet company.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I'm on it for €34.99 a month.Internet,phone and eir sports with up to 5 users on the app.Deal and a half.Contract is until November which is around the time the LOI is over.12 month contract only as well so will wait and see what happens but one of the best deals i've ever gotten from an internet company.
    Yeah I'm on a similar deal and very happy with it, it's an excellent deal with BT sports and without it it's still not bad at all

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    1,484 accounts accessed the Rovers live stream which isn't bad at all considering pubs paid the same as one person and loads of people went to the few pubs showing it and round to each others houses for it.
    The market for streaming is definitely there if the FAI get their act together, yes this was a big game but it was also more expensive than the current Dundalk and Cork pilot prices to counter that.
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...aming-service/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    1,484 accounts accessed the Rovers live stream which isn't bad at all considering pubs paid the same as one person and loads of people went to the few pubs showing it and round to each others houses for it.
    The market for streaming is definitely there if the FAI get their act together, yes this was a big game but it was also more expensive than the current Dundalk and Cork pilot prices to counter that.
    If those sort of figures continue to stack up, even with a lower general average over the season than it is definitely a runners. A badly needed income stream (pardon the pun) for clubs and helping to increase the leagues profile beyond the traditional support base. There are a lot of people interested in LoI outside of Ireland so it can only be a good thing if done properly. The down side is when you have the likes of SKOR using the stream as a platform for free and maybe a small amount of people that will chose watching at home rather than going to games but they would be few and far between. It's ongoing success as an initiative will really be how the FAI or new league company embrace the opportunity - while clubs can probably do things themselves it would be a bit slapdash if some games/grounds cant provide the service.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    I didn't even know they were streaming it, and would have signed up for the early bird rate myself if I'd known.

I only found out about it after the game had started, and by then you think the €8.99 is bad value. So if this becomes a more established thing, they should be able to beat those sorts of figures for big games in future. Well done Rovers for giving this a go.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Dundalk v Harps, Waterford v Rovers and Rovers v Bohs all live on Eir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Excellent initiative by shams and glad to see it went well for them. live streaming will be the future of football, including the EPL and given TV pay SFA here it is one area we should be free to move on. appreciate this was a one off but more regular service should lessen the costs and provide better service, increasing the potential earnings of clubs. Given the spread of LOI fans now across the World I honestly think there is major potential here to earn money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Eir sport is to be made part of the virgin media package.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Eir sport is to be made part of the virgin media package.
    first I have heard of this. any link to this?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    first I have heard of this. any link to this?
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/goo...-38406113.html

27. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    According to Dundalks twitter their streaming pilot only has 4 games remaining and one of them is the league Cup semi, strange it isn't going to the end of the season. Still no word on numbers for their stream Tuesday.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast