Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Televised Fixtures

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Anyone know when Eir Sport begin their live Airtricity League coverage and what the first game will be!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    Anyone know when Eir Sport begin their live Airtricity League coverage and what the first game will be!
    all we know nr is that it will be the end of march before there will be a live game on eir!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Not one club has any goals up after been giving permission to do it on a Friday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Not one club has any goals up after been giving permission to do it on a Friday
    I'm not sure the clubs actually have direct access to the new streaming feeds (the non potato quality trackchamp live ones that were used first game of the season) that went into the grounds preseason, I think they route straight to the provider and out to RTE then. Clubs are reliant then on RTE getting the footage in, editing it and getting it back out to them or up via RTE's social media then for them to share out themselves.

I know a few clubs trialled software that basically lets them slice clips of action as it happens to post online then via the same platform but I think that was put by the wayside with this new thing that's going on, the quality of the software and the footage etc wasn't the may west from what I saw either.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Dundalk record every game, good quality. Use to do own highlights regularly online.
    With all the staff we have now at the club, surely they can get the goals up online straight after a game

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dundalk record every game, good quality. Use to do own highlights regularly online.
    With all the staff we have now at the club, surely they can get the goals up online straight after a game

Who are all the staff outside of the General Manager and office manager?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    All teams record every game themselves to a good standard video quality with at least one camera. At every Rovers home game so far there's been 3/4 cameras minimum on the TV gantry and then the trackchamp camera is in the main stand so I don't think the problem is necessarily getting the footage especially as the home team has to have the footage uploaded to the analysis website by the end of matchnight.

Don't know about other clubs but Rovers are starting putting out their own highlights package of games so I guess they're thinking having that done well and waiting a day is worth more than just uploading clips ASAP. I guess time will tell if that thinking is accurate.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Harry is the club videographer along with being the general handyman around OP for anything and everything and the DFC tv lads are volunteers still as far as I'm aware. There's a world of difference between the likes of Harry & the DFC tv lads doing their bits for review in the days after games and the splicing, editing, compiling and exporting of footage for highlights straight away post match or even as they happen, that takes ages unless you've either out of the box software that you still have to go through the 90 mins to put together like the option I mentioned above. Plus as RathfarnhamHoop said they all get it off the group portal all clubs have access too, Collie O'Neill spoke about it on LOI weekly a few weeks ago too

Not saying they all don't do a great job and same for the lads at all clubs across the league but there's a world of difference between the above and the facilities and full time staff broadcasters have to get things out there ASAP, now they have the want to do it this season of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    All teams record every game themselves to a good standard video quality with at least one camera. At every Rovers home game so far there's been 3/4 cameras minimum on the TV gantry and then the trackchamp camera is in the main stand so I don't think the problem is necessarily getting the footage especially as the home team has to have the footage uploaded to the analysis website by the end of matchnight.

Don't know about other clubs but Rovers are starting putting out their own highlights package of games so I guess they're thinking having that done well and waiting a day is worth more than just uploading clips ASAP. I guess time will tell if that thinking is accurate.

Aye yeah they've to have the full games up by midnight but the most in that is waiting around for the export and then upload as there's nothing done to the raw footage pretty much for that.

The new thing gone in is a trial pretty much for this season with an option to extend depending on what the story is with the league next season as that's all up in the air anyway with the participation agreement, Mother Theresa Quinn and the TV rights up for discussion too then. Baby steps this season with it all for the FAI, clubs and the broadcasters etc but all going to plan, next season there should be some relatively big news on the tv front.

9. Thanks From:

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Finally someone with a bit of sense, it's difficult for most clubs even Dundalk who have only a handful of staff to do this.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    I was saying this to someone during the week that clubs need to get extra volunteers if they want to get clips up as they happen. Obviously you need a camera man recording and then you need someone next to him with a laptop able to chop clips and post them as needed. Not to mention the cost of equipment and software. It's not as easy as people may think. Again, this is exactly why we need a marketing budget for all clubs

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    There's OK shareware video editing software available - wouldn't have the same functionality as licensed software, but it's serviceable. It's the skills to use it that are sometimes harder to get for free.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Eir Sport showing Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians and Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers in April...........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Eir Sport showing Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians and Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers in April...........
    4 of Rovers games in April on TV so

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Confirmed live games on Friday Night Soccer are Dundalk v Cork City on 29th March, Cork City v Shamrock Rovers on 5th April and Derry City v Shamrock Rovers on 19th April.

Eir Sport live game on Tuesday, April 23rd Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians, kick-off 8pm with coverage beginning on Eir Sport 1 at 7.30pm. Three days later on Friday, April 26th Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers at Oriel Park, kick-off at 8pm with coverage on Eir Sport 1 at 7.30pm .
    Last edited by nr637; 26/03/2019 at 11:24 AM.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Anyone know the TV audience for the game Tuesday? That'd be interesting to know

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Anyone know the TV audience for the game Tuesday? That'd be interesting to know
    Because Eir is a subscription channel, I'm not even sure it would be captured/registered via the usual data. It's user numbers might be too low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Eir Sport 1 is rated by Tam Ireland/Nielsen and the game on Tuesday averaged around 7,200 (20.00 to 22.00). Derry v Rovers the previous Friday on RTÉ2 had an average of 70,000.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Eir Sport 1 is rated by Tam Ireland/Nielsen and the game on Tuesday averaged around 7,200 (20.00 to 22.00). Derry v Rovers the previous Friday on RTÉ2 had an average of 70,000.
    Are Tam Ireland/Nielsen including all the dodgy streams in those figures?😉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I'd include RTE Player as a dodgy stream but maybe not in the way you mean!!

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    So that settles what the biggest fixture in Irish football is then

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast