Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Intermediate Cup Semis this weekend

FAI INTERMEDIATE CUP SEMI FINAL

Belgrove v Rockmount
    Wayside Celtic v Douglas Hall

A tough draw but best of luck to both Cork clubs.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yes,best of luck to both cork sides on sunday,would be great to have an all cork final.dave moore is playing out of his skin with the hall at present.tough match for hall but i think they will win thru after a replay.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBLER
    yes,best of luck to both cork sides on sunday,would be great to have an all cork final.dave moore is playing out of his skin with the hall at present.tough match for hall but i think they will win thru after a replay.
    Would love both to get through, two massively tough games though. Hall are flying at the mo and as long as they don't fear Wayside there might be a shock on the cards. I'm really hopeful we can get through also, the boys are flying in training and Saturdays win v ucc was comprensive to say the least.

It will be a belter of a game and as long as the Mount show up as they have been for the last 2 seasons in this cup, I see a 3-1 win coming up. Hopefully.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFORD
    Would love both to get through, two massively tough games though. Hall are flying at the mo and as long as they don't fear Wayside there might be a shock on the cards. I'm really hopeful we can get through also, the boys are flying in training and Saturdays win v ucc was comprensive to say the least.

It will be a belter of a game and as long as the Mount show up as they have been for the last 2 seasons in this cup, I see a 3-1 win coming up. Hopefully.
    best of luck to the rockmount on sunday.only saw them once in the last few weeks playing the hall,they look very solid at the back and dangerous in attack.willie byrne seems to be playing excellent in the back 4 since his move from cobh.how is coker playing?. he was very poor with cobh when he played at the end of last season.hopefully he will find the net on sunday.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Id say that both of the semis will be really tough games as it seems to be 2 of dublins best teams against 2 of corks best teams.

I just cant see wayside getting beaten at home though and i can see them winning by the odd goal in 3.

The game between rockmount and belgrove will be very tight but Belgrove will definitely be gunning for a win as they will not fancy a trip down to cork for a replay. Belgrove had a good win during the week though and they should come out with all guns blazing against Rockmount on sunday.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On the back of a surprising defeat to Glebe North, Belgrove bounced back with a very good win away from home against fellow title challangers Crumlin. I'm told it was a very physical, hard fought game, which is good preparation for the game against Rockmount on Sunday. I believe the manager at Belgrove made three or four personal changes for that game and it'll be interesting to see if he continues with the same team against the Corkonions on Sunday. Apparently Darren Meade is struggling to make the game with an injury which will slightly weaken their attacking options.

Best of luck to all teams involved ( although an all LSL final would be great )and given the intense rivalry usually shown between teams from Cork and Dublin, let's hope that both matches are both sporting occasions played in the correct spirit.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    best of luck to the rockmount on sunday.only saw them once in the last few weeks playing the hall,they look very solid at the back and dangerous in attack.willie byrne seems to be playing excellent in the back 4 since his move from cobh.how is coker playing?. he was very poor with cobh when he played at the end of last season.hopefully he will find the net on sunday.
    Cheers, CRAMBLER, hope all goes ok on Sat night v Sligo. Will never forget the play off roller coaster a few years back. How are my Marko and Al Martin doin?

Willie B is awesome, always liked him, but at this level so far not even had to get to 80% of capacity and been class. He'll be well up for it Sunday. Coker is really trying hard and getting that sharpness of 2 seasons ago back. He scored 2 for the Juniors on Sunday and 1 on Tuesday also. He won't start on Sunday, but what an option to have comin off the bench (along with Pat Oldham probably). Jaysus we are strong. Would love to meet you lads in the next few months for a friendly to see where we are at.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bell legend
    Id say that both of the semis will be really tough games as it seems to be 2 of dublins best teams against 2 of corks best teams.

I just cant see wayside getting beaten at home though and i can see them winning by the odd goal in 3.

The game between rockmount and belgrove will be very tight but Belgrove will definitely be gunning for a win as they will not fancy a trip down to cork for a replay. Belgrove had a good win during the week though and they should come out with all guns blazing against Rockmount on sunday.
    It will be a classic then, both in good form going into it. The Mount are really solid at the back, strong keeper and the 5 defenders have only conceded about 6 in the last 25 or so matches. Quiet amazing really, without arguably their best player (Captain Oldham). Solid in the middle three and deadly up front. It will be a real duel of the best Ireland has to offer and may the best club win.

If I'm driving, where do I go once past the toll bridge on the M50?

Wayside are strong, but Douglas are capable of doing a Liverpool to them cos of the new signings made at Christmas.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The benchwarmer
    On the back of a surprising defeat to Glebe North, Belgrove bounced back with a very good win away from home against fellow title challangers Crumlin. I'm told it was a very physical, hard fought game, which is good preparation for the game against Rockmount on Sunday. I believe the manager at Belgrove made three or four personal changes for that game and it'll be interesting to see if he continues with the same team against the Corkonions on Sunday. Apparently Darren Meade is struggling to make the game with an injury which will slightly weaken their attacking options.

Best of luck to all teams involved ( although an all LSL final would be great )and given the intense rivalry usually shown between teams from Cork and Dublin, let's hope that both matches are both sporting occasions played in the correct spirit.
    Is Meade playing well this season?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers, CRAMBLER, hope all goes ok on Sat night v Sligo. Will never forget the play off roller coaster a few years back. How are my Marko and Al Martin doin?

Willie B is awesome, always liked him, but at this level so far not even had to get to 80% of capacity and been class. He'll be well up for it Sunday. Coker is really trying hard and getting that sharpness of 2 seasons ago back. He scored 2 for the Juniors on Sunday and 1 on Tuesday also. He won't start on Sunday, but what an option to have comin off the bench (along with Pat Oldham probably). Jaysus we are strong. Would love to meet you lads in the next few months for a friendly to see where we are at.
    thanks, clifford,great start to the season for rams,henderson has a great team spirit going and work rate of each player is 100%.another win on sat would be great.i was lucky to see all 4 games as my dad was soccer mad,must say enjoyed them all,also saw cobh win the intermediate cup that year which made up for the fai semi loss.
    both marko and alan are doing fine,was unsure about alan but he has settled well and barring injury should have a great season with rams.
    would be great to see coker return to the player he was,goods options to have on the bench sunday.
    must say would love to travel to dub on sun to see the hall with my mates but i drew the short straw and have to look after the schoolboy's.anyway best of luck sunday and let's look forward to a hall/rockmount final.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Darren up until recently was in and out of the team mainly due to work commitments ( actually spending alot of time in your neck of the woods ) and due to the strength of the Belgrove squad had to wait for his opportunity to get an extended run in the team. He has been in fine form in the past month or so but this injury ( and the fine performance by his replacement Paul Knight the other night) may confine him to the bench this weekend.

All in all it should be cracking tie between two teams that proved over ther past few years that there is very little difference in quality between them. Belgrove have a quite a few new players who didn't play against Rockmount last year and it will be test of their mettle to see whether they have indeed improved the team. I wouldn't like to predict a winner as it will more than likely be a single mistake, bit of quality or a refereeing decision that decides it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The benchwarmer
    Darren up until recently was in and out of the team mainly due to work commitments ( actually spending alot of time in your neck of the woods ) and due to the strength of the Belgrove squad had to wait for his opportunity to get an extended run in the team. He has been in fine form in the past month or so but this injury ( and the fine performance by his replacement Paul Knight the other night) may confine him to the bench this weekend.

All in all it should be cracking tie between two teams that proved over ther past few years that there is very little difference in quality between them. Belgrove have a quite a few new players who didn't play against Rockmount last year and it will be test of their mettle to see whether they have indeed improved the team. I wouldn't like to predict a winner as it will more than likely be a single mistake, bit of quality or a refereeing decision that decides it.
    After being raped in Waterford last season, please don't let it be a ref decision. Thanks for that, I agree that a rizla paper will seperate the 2 teams and don't let us be surprised if a replay is required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    The danger man for Belgrove is the English lad, Whitmarsh. Great goal scorer, think he played for Cobh Ramblers for a while.
    Always look on the bright side of life

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    thanks, clifford,great start to the season for rams,henderson has a great team spirit going and work rate of each player is 100%.another win on sat would be great.i was lucky to see all 4 games as my dad was soccer mad,must say enjoyed them all,also saw cobh win the intermediate cup that year which made up for the fai semi loss.
    both marko and alan are doing fine,was unsure about alan but he has settled well and barring injury should have a great season with rams.
    would be great to see coker return to the player he was,goods options to have on the bench sunday.
    must say would love to travel to dub on sun to see the hall with my mates but i drew the short straw and have to look after the schoolboy's.anyway best of luck sunday and let's look forward to a hall/rockmount final.
    I meant the play offs of Hills era, happened to get to every home game that year and about 5 away. But, I'll never forget the cup run either.....

Thanks for good wishes

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    After being raped in Waterford last season, please don't let it be a ref decision.
    Sure wasn't it a refs decision that has ye in the semi's , be grateful and good luck.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Sure wasn't it a refs decision that has ye in the semi's , be grateful and good luck.
    Boring, boring, get over it......as clear a hand ball as Dida getting hit on the shoulder...enjoy the weekend.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    The danger man for Belgrove is the English lad, Whitmarsh. Great goal scorer, think he played for Cobh Ramblers for a while.

He's a baldy fella isn't he.....Paul Whitmarsh if I'm correct I remember him from the Finals 2 years back......lol.....I was speaking to Darren Meade a few wk's after the final and he said that this fella Whitmarsh feared for his life of our John Paul O'Brien lol

Can't wait for tomorrow 8.20am train to Dublin, butterflies already, two fine teams at play, best of luck to both...............(Of course more to Rockmount)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amarach
    He's a baldy fella isn't he.....Paul Whitmarsh if I'm correct I remember him from the Finals 2 years back......lol.....I was speaking to Darren Meade a few wk's after the final and he said that this fella Whitmarsh feared for his life of our John Paul O'Brien lol

Can't wait for tomorrow 8.20am train to Dublin, butterflies already, two fine teams at play, best of luck to both...............(Of course more to Rockmount)
    Good night had by all I hear, this is a whisper in case the head is at ya..

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    FAI INTERMEDIATE CUP SEMI FINAL

Belgrove 0-2 Rockmount
    Wayside Celtic 2-1 Douglas Hall
    Unlucky for Douglas Hall they went down to a last minute goal from Wayside, while Rockmount cruised in 2-0.
    Last edited by razor; 18/04/2005 at 1:51 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good night had by all I hear, this is a whisper in case the head is at ya..
    I can't even talk today, I'm hoarse from the screaming but it was worth every bit, lads were class yesterday, did ya see number 7 for Belgrove spitting at us, fecking langer.....jealousy is an awful thing .........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast