Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 43 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Kenny

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It was all downhill for those u21 starlets after they came a cropper against the doughty Icelanders.
    They got the result against Mick McCarthy's senior team but Iceland u21s was a step too far.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Kerrs view on Kenny.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-40526126.html

Learning on the job is an interesting take, hopefully hes right, as there have been many changes and not that its player led like I had suggested in previous posts, that perhaps they started using their heads when to go long or short pass.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Former underage international Gerard Nash joined the FAI as performance coach at the end of May: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...-coaching-role
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Former underage international Gerard Nash joined the FAI as performance coach at the end of May: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...-coaching-role
    Good luck to Gerard Nash, but am I missing something here? Why wasn't Robbie Keane appointed? He's currently on 250k per annum for doing nothing.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Good luck to Gerard Nash, but am I missing something here? Why wasn't Robbie Keane appointed? He's currently on 250k per annum for doing nothing.
    Does Robbie need the money like, or could he do the decent thing ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Nash worked as a performance coach at Ipswich, don't think Robbie has those qualifications

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Does Robbie need the money like, or could he do the decent thing ?
    Robbie should keep the money to make everyone as angry as possible with, as Kerr called him, the "previous maestro" who awarded him the "mad" contract, and also the FAI in general. Robbie should also, really, give a very large lump sum at the end of the contract to people who need it. But that's for him to decide. These people are so rich I sometimes wonder if he'd even notice what goes in to his bank account too closely. Be that as it may, let's not forget, he could already be supporting someone with that money discreetly. This does happen. N'Golé Kanté even pays his taxes on his wages. Grim stuff when such a thing is noteworthy.

9. Thanks From:

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    What I have noticed in the Euros is that just about every player sings his national anthem. Perhaps Kenny could concentrate on getting our players to do the same rather than preparing motivational videos. If some struggle with the words in Irish, learn the English version.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Agreed! Although I don't see the point learning the English version really, it's not that hard to learn the Irish lyrics phonetically even it they don't speak Irish.

Not even taking into account that lads that weren't raised here, most of the lads who were schooled it here don't sing it. It's sad to see compared to Scotland and Wales.

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    What I have noticed in the Euros is that just about every player sings his national anthem. Perhaps Kenny could concentrate on getting our players to do the same rather than preparing motivational videos. If some struggle with the words in Irish, learn the English version.
    I very much agree. It's ironic that Stephen Kenny, purveyor of patriotic videos, stands zip-lipped when our national anthem is played. And is it too much to ask players, even those born overseas, to learn the anthem? You know, show some pride in representing your country. Or is that too hard, too complicated, too political, and too yesterday?

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    Robbie should keep the money to make everyone as angry as possible with, as Kerr called him, the "previous maestro" who awarded him the "mad" contract, and also the FAI in general. Robbie should also, really, give a very large lump sum at the end of the contract to people who need it. But that's for him to decide. These people are so rich I sometimes wonder if he'd even notice what goes in to his bank account too closely. Be that as it may, let's not forget, he could already be supporting someone with that money discreetly. This does happen. N'Golé Kanté even pays his taxes on his wages. Grim stuff when such a thing is noteworthy.
    Could Robbie not be offered a roving ambassador role - to schools, schoolboy clubs - anywhere the game needs promoting? He seems very affable and kids love him - and we're not overburdened with legends. Would he accept such a role? It would look bad for him if he didn't - taking 250k per annum, doing bugger-all and saying no to kids.

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    The anthem thing isn't new, it's not a stick I'd use to beat Kenny when there are so many more substantial ones to hand. Colin Healy and Ian Harte are two players who I remember preferring to stare moodily into the distance while the anthem played.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I very much agree. It's ironic that Stephen Kenny, purveyor of patriotic videos, stands zip-lipped when our national anthem is played. And is it too much to ask players, even those born overseas, to learn the anthem? You know, show some pride in representing your country. Or is that too hard, too complicated, too political, and too yesterday?
    I don't get this jibe about him not singing the anthem. I sing the anthem myself. But is there not a piece whereby people just respect the anthem and observe it, rather than singing it? As I said, I sing it at matches but many are happy to look towards the flag with solemn respect and there's a merit to that too, I feel.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Did Roy Maurice Keane song it or not ? I think he was more for the staring into the distance all purposeful etc

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I don't understand why anyone would care if people sing the anthem or not. Just because you're not singing doesn't mean you don't appreciate it. Players have their own ways of getting ready for the match and, as far as I know, singing the anthem doesn't improve footballing ability, otherwise James McClean would be the best footballer on the planet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Did Roy Maurice Keane song it or not ? I think he was more for the staring into the distance all purposeful etc
    Maybe he was humming it when he walked out on Ireland, his teammates, his fans - and myriad Irish kids with his name on their jerseys enquiring why their hero wasn't playing. Maybe he was singing it when his teammates were in Iran and he was "injured". He's now calling Harry O'Kane a bad leader. Jesus wept.

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Maybe he was humming it when he walked out on Ireland, his teammates, his fans - and myriad Irish kids with his name on their jerseys enquiring why their hero wasn't playing. Maybe he was singing it when his teammates were in Iran and he was "injured". He's now calling Harry O'Kane a bad leader. Jesus wept.
    Roy Keane lives in a Fantasy Land.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    So we're going with no are we Snappers ? He didn't sing it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Didn't sing, didn't play, just walked.

27. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in