Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    i will look for it. They are trying a coup d'etat, with all this charade
    good. you have one day
    Any reply to this Bielsa?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Am I reading too much into things that he didn't say "There was nothing wrong with the video"?
    Yeah, didnt say he didnt make a complaint, just he didnt leak to press. A lot of legs on this one im afraid.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    In a weekend the Gaa are commemorating Bloody Sunday the FAI are investigating that someone might have said something mean about England..... how very Irish

4. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Any reply to this Bielsa?
    Only from Alan's statement , so something is going on, mate

"This narrative is wholly and totally wrong & it should beg the question who is spreading & who is benefitting from this? What I can say is it’s not me."

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...ment-1.4415973

Thank you Alan, I forgive you for Van Brockhorst goal, because he made it another time vs Uruguay at the wc the same goal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    So...no?
    Withdraw your accusation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    If kenny said anything pro IRA. He should be sacked today. I hope not I really do. But he he said " up the ra"or the like its something that cant be excused
    Why would he say anything Pro-IRA?
    When do you even hear people in the pub talking Pro-IRA these days?
    It’s rubbish!

Even the term ‘pro-IRA’ sounds like something the Daily Mail came up with
    Last edited by Fixer82; 21/11/2020 at 10:04 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    So...no?
    Withdraw your accusation
    yeah!

I only have got this unrest feeling not enough
    No coup d'etat .............yet.........Kelly says there is something lurking though, but he is loyal irishman

https://extra.ie/2020/11/21/sport/so...-stephen-kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    yeah!

I only have got this unrest feeling not enough
    No coup d'etat .............yet.........Kelly says there is something lurking though, but he is loyal irishman

https://extra.ie/2020/11/21/sport/so...-stephen-kenny
    That’s....I don’t know what that means

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I sense an unrest with his methods, maybe they all wanna play grass football, but Kenny's approach is not working as it was revealed with the stats, and senior players want him to change a bit. We need 4 guys in midfield
    weve got the ball more than them , but we cannot put rivals to the sword, in the final third, we are not clinical enough whe the chance arises, plus we are lacking agressiveness and a bit of togetherness with good teamwork, that was exposed, maybe the players want the mananger to change the formation, I dont know for sure whats going on but Kelly's statement adds a bit salt to the wound, buddy

the last two weeks were very odd

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I sense an unrest with his methods, maybe they all wanna play grass football, but Kenny's approach is not working as it was revealed with the stats, and senior players want him to change a bit. We need 4 guys in midfield
    weve got the ball more than them , but we cannot put rivals to the sword, in the final third, we are not clinical enough whe the chance arises, plus we are lacking agressiveness and a bit of togetherness with good teamwork, that was exposed, maybe the players want the mananger to change the formation, I dont know for sure whats going on but Kelly's statement adds a bit salt to the wound, buddy

the last two weeks were very odd
    Azerbaijan’s last 4 results:

0-0 Cyprus
    0-0 Slovenia
    0-0 Montenegro
    0-0 Luxembourg

Their formation?

To quote Mike Bassett 4-4-****ing-2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    I would not be one bit surprised to hear that players are having doubts about Kenny. I had doubts about Kenny at the beginning due to having no playing career of note and only having managed at LOI level with a Dunfermline sacking in between. I couldn't see how Premiership footballers were going to buy into him but as an Ireland fan I wanted/want him to succeed. 8 games in and we are close to useless. There is no real style of football evident, we are no longer hard to beat and we wouldn't score if we were left playing for the rest of the year. There certainly isn't the flowing football which was promised and I don't think there ever will be. In all honesty, this recent ''scandal'' re Kenny is fairly trivial but is something that could be used to push him out the door and I think that we could be looking for a new manager fairly soon.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 22/11/2020 at 2:53 AM.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    I have serious doubts about him, but the last thing football needs in Ireland is a return to a Martin O'Neill type playing football the way he did. The long term damage of his type of football and the latter years of Trap's reign is being felt, in that the public view Ireland games as a horrorfest of **** football and it's hard to disageee.

The options out there to replace him are not exciting and any decent manager won't be drawn to us. That might change in 2-3 years if the young players become good/very good premier league players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Several of our key senior players will have either played under him or against him in the LOI and his record stands for itself there.

Many of the young players have played under him in the under-21s.

I don't buy the nonsense about players having doubts due to his past experience. It's speculation from people who are looking for an excuse. The fact people are willing someone who has come through our own system, to fail as manager of the senior Irish setup, speaks volumes about the 'greatest fans in the world'.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    There must still be a nasty element within the FAI that wanted to use what was ~ ~ a minor matter that could easily have been dealt with internally in to a big deal by leaking this non story as a Big Story. Is there still John Delaney followers there ? ?

The FAI most certainly did not need this ~ So who ever did this leaking was definitely trying to Sabotage !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Several of our key senior players will have either played under him or against him in the LOI and his record stands for itself there.

I don't buy the nonsense about players having doubts due to his past experience. It's speculation from people who are looking for an excuse. The fact people are willing someone who has come through our own system, to fail as manager of the senior Irish setup, speaks volumes about the 'greatest fans in the world'.
    I think the young players will be just happy to be breaking through and even if Alan Partridge was the manager, they aren't going to be at the point where they are asserting themselves. Stephen was a very good u21 manager so he will be well liked amongst them.

The likes of Brady are a different element. They have a big opinion of themselves despite doing next to nothing of note since 2016. I would be shocked if he doesn't lool down his nose at Kenny.

There are enough decent senior players like Coleman, Duffy, Doherty, Egan, Stephens and Randolph to look after the young lads and be a good influence in the dressing room.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    I have serious doubts about him, but the last thing football needs in Ireland is a return to a Martin O'Neill type playing football the way he did. The long term damage of his type of football and the latter years of Trap's reign is being felt, in that the public view Ireland games as a horrorfest of **** football and it's hard to disageee.

The options out there to replace him are not exciting and any decent manager won't be drawn to us. That might change in 2-3 years if the young players become good/very good premier league players.
    Getting rid of Kenny doesn't automatically mean we go back to a long ball game. It's not an either/or choice. It may be a different game plan or the same one with a manager who can implement it effectively if Kenny proves he's not capable of it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

I'm not sure who's willing him to fail? Kenny did an excellent job with Dundalk and the u21's and did fine jobs elsewhere except for Dunfermline. It's a decent record but at quite a low level. He has it all to prove at senior international level. He hasn't made a good start at all but it's early days.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSHAKALAKA View Post
    Getting rid of Kenny doesn't automatically mean we go back to a long ball game. It's not an either/or choice. It may be a different game plan or the same one with a manager who can implement it effectively if Kenny proves he's not capable of it.
    Absolutely agree with you.

Right now though, unless we go the continental route, I could see someone coming in who will look at our current team and go with a MON style approach. Any of the possible British/Irish ones anyway. I view the next 2 years as a vital project to get the youth in the team and build us for the following 3+ campaigns (short term pain for long term gain) but a lot of the types who might take over would go with the tried and tested and hope a bit of luck gets a playoff. They are unlikely to have as much patience with young players who will need to grow into international football. Why would they if they want more immediate results and want to get back into the club circuit asap with a good campaign with Ireland.

I do see Iceland have a man who used to manage Sweden and they are nicely competitive. I can't say I know whether they play good football. I'm sure there are a few more out there who could do a decent job and not be a crazy price.

I have big doubts about Stephen but I still would like him to get most if not all of the next campaign. If we are losing to Luxemburg or Moldova, then I might change my mind to be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts

The likes of Brady are a different element. ...... I would be shocked if he doesn't lool down his nose at Kenny.
    What are you basing that on?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Absolutely agree with you.

Right now though, unless we go the continental route, I could see someone coming in who will look at our current team and go with a MON style approach. Any of the possible British/Irish ones anyway. I view the next 2 years as a vital project to get the youth in the team and build us for the following 3+ campaigns (short term pain for long term gain) but a lot of the types who might take over would go with the tried and tested and hope a bit of luck gets a playoff. They are unlikely to have as much patience with young players who will need to grow into international football. Why would they if they want more immediate results and want to get back into the club circuit asap with a good campaign with Ireland.

I do see Iceland have a man who used to manage Sweden and they are nicely competitive. I can't say I know whether they play good football. I'm sure there are a few more out there who could do a decent job and not be a crazy price.

I have big doubts about Stephen but I still would like him to get most if not all of the next campaign. If we are losing to Luxemburg or Moldova, then I might change my mind to be fair.
    I agree with both