Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1013

Thread: Stephen Kenny

  1. #841
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,861
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,286
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It was all downhill for those u21 starlets after they came a cropper against the doughty Icelanders.
    They got the result against Mick McCarthy's senior team but Iceland u21s was a step too far.

  2. #842
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maígh Eó
    Posts
    15,560
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,126
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    922
    Thanked in
    742 Posts
    Kerrs view on Kenny.

    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-40526126.html

    Learning on the job is an interesting take, hopefully hes right, as there have been many changes and not that its player led like I had suggested in previous posts, that perhaps they started using their heads when to go long or short pass.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

  3. #843
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    19,576
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    976
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,048
    Thanked in
    2,625 Posts
    Former underage international Gerard Nash joined the FAI as performance coach at the end of May: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...-coaching-role
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  4. #844
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Former underage international Gerard Nash joined the FAI as performance coach at the end of May: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...-coaching-role
    Good luck to Gerard Nash, but am I missing something here? Why wasn't Robbie Keane appointed? He's currently on 250k per annum for doing nothing.

  5. #845
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,006
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    485
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Good luck to Gerard Nash, but am I missing something here? Why wasn't Robbie Keane appointed? He's currently on 250k per annum for doing nothing.
    Does Robbie need the money like, or could he do the decent thing ?

  6. #846
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    19,576
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    976
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,048
    Thanked in
    2,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Good luck to Gerard Nash, but am I missing something here? Why wasn't Robbie Keane appointed? He's currently on 250k per annum for doing nothing.
    Nash worked as a performance coach at Ipswich, don't think Robbie has those qualifications

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #847
    First Team Yard of Pace's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,020
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    177
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    320
    Thanked in
    183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Does Robbie need the money like, or could he do the decent thing ?
    Robbie should keep the money to make everyone as angry as possible with, as Kerr called him, the "previous maestro" who awarded him the "mad" contract, and also the FAI in general. Robbie should also, really, give a very large lump sum at the end of the contract to people who need it. But that's for him to decide. These people are so rich I sometimes wonder if he'd even notice what goes in to his bank account too closely. Be that as it may, let's not forget, he could already be supporting someone with that money discreetly. This does happen. N'Golé Kanté even pays his taxes on his wages. Grim stuff when such a thing is noteworthy.

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #848
    Capped Player OwlsFan's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Posts
    10,190
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    811
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,310
    Thanked in
    731 Posts
    What I have noticed in the Euros is that just about every player sings his national anthem. Perhaps Kenny could concentrate on getting our players to do the same rather than preparing motivational videos. If some struggle with the words in Irish, learn the English version.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

  11. Thanks From:


  12. #849
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    275
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    123
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Agreed! Although I don't see the point learning the English version really, it's not that hard to learn the Irish lyrics phonetically even it they don't speak Irish.

    Not even taking into account that lads that weren't raised here, most of the lads who were schooled it here don't sing it. It's sad to see compared to Scotland and Wales.

  13. Thanks From:


  14. #850
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    What I have noticed in the Euros is that just about every player sings his national anthem. Perhaps Kenny could concentrate on getting our players to do the same rather than preparing motivational videos. If some struggle with the words in Irish, learn the English version.
    I very much agree. It's ironic that Stephen Kenny, purveyor of patriotic videos, stands zip-lipped when our national anthem is played. And is it too much to ask players, even those born overseas, to learn the anthem? You know, show some pride in representing your country. Or is that too hard, too complicated, too political, and too yesterday?

  15. Thanks From:


  16. #851
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    Robbie should keep the money to make everyone as angry as possible with, as Kerr called him, the "previous maestro" who awarded him the "mad" contract, and also the FAI in general. Robbie should also, really, give a very large lump sum at the end of the contract to people who need it. But that's for him to decide. These people are so rich I sometimes wonder if he'd even notice what goes in to his bank account too closely. Be that as it may, let's not forget, he could already be supporting someone with that money discreetly. This does happen. N'Golé Kanté even pays his taxes on his wages. Grim stuff when such a thing is noteworthy.
    Could Robbie not be offered a roving ambassador role - to schools, schoolboy clubs - anywhere the game needs promoting? He seems very affable and kids love him - and we're not overburdened with legends. Would he accept such a role? It would look bad for him if he didn't - taking 250k per annum, doing bugger-all and saying no to kids.

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #852
    International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    5,671
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    917
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    327
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    The anthem thing isn't new, it's not a stick I'd use to beat Kenny when there are so many more substantial ones to hand. Colin Healy and Ian Harte are two players who I remember preferring to stare moodily into the distance while the anthem played.

  19. #853
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,260
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    764
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,270
    Thanked in
    866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I very much agree. It's ironic that Stephen Kenny, purveyor of patriotic videos, stands zip-lipped when our national anthem is played. And is it too much to ask players, even those born overseas, to learn the anthem? You know, show some pride in representing your country. Or is that too hard, too complicated, too political, and too yesterday?
    I don't get this jibe about him not singing the anthem. I sing the anthem myself. But is there not a piece whereby people just respect the anthem and observe it, rather than singing it? As I said, I sing it at matches but many are happy to look towards the flag with solemn respect and there's a merit to that too, I feel.

  20. #854
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,311
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,077
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Did Roy Maurice Keane song it or not ? I think he was more for the staring into the distance all purposeful etc

  21. #855
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,861
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,286
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    I don't understand why anyone would care if people sing the anthem or not. Just because you're not singing doesn't mean you don't appreciate it. Players have their own ways of getting ready for the match and, as far as I know, singing the anthem doesn't improve footballing ability, otherwise James McClean would be the best footballer on the planet.

  22. #856
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Did Roy Maurice Keane song it or not ? I think he was more for the staring into the distance all purposeful etc
    Maybe he was humming it when he walked out on Ireland, his teammates, his fans - and myriad Irish kids with his name on their jerseys enquiring why their hero wasn't playing. Maybe he was singing it when his teammates were in Iran and he was "injured". He's now calling Harry O'Kane a bad leader. Jesus wept.

  23. Thanks From:


  24. #857
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,006
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    485
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Maybe he was humming it when he walked out on Ireland, his teammates, his fans - and myriad Irish kids with his name on their jerseys enquiring why their hero wasn't playing. Maybe he was singing it when his teammates were in Iran and he was "injured". He's now calling Harry O'Kane a bad leader. Jesus wept.
    Roy Keane lives in a Fantasy Land.

  25. #858
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,311
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,077
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    896
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Maybe he was humming it when he walked out on Ireland, his teammates, his fans - and myriad Irish kids with his name on their jerseys enquiring why their hero wasn't playing. Maybe he was singing it when his teammates were in Iran and he was "injured". He's now calling Harry O'Kane a bad leader. Jesus wept.
    So we're going with no are we Snappers ? He didn't sing it

  26. #859
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Didn't sing, didn't play, just walked.

  27. Thanks From:


  28. #860
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,006
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    485
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Didn't sing, didn't play, just walked.
    Did a foxtrot home to his doggie.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RTE: 'Only for Stephen Kenny, we were going nowhere'
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28/11/2018, 5:20 PM
  2. stephen kenny
    By Martinho II in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03/10/2011, 11:03 PM
  3. Stephen Kenny
    By barney in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23/11/2006, 12:04 PM
  4. Stephen Kenny
    By Gareth in forum Derry City
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23/02/2006, 9:31 PM
  5. don't go stephen kenny !!!
    By Stevo in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10/12/2001, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •