Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3523

Thread: Stephen Kenny

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Did you see him with the 21s in his last appearance? "Sh!te" would do a total disservice to previous Sh!te performances.
    I couldn't believe just how poor he was in both u21 games v Iceland, absolutely no commitment and if he ever did bother to accidentally find himself in a space to receive the ball, his first touch was his only touch.
    But he had good form previous and now he's finding good form again, all he needs now is a good first touch.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I think I can hear people off rustling in the woods looking for new sticks to beat Kenny with.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    I think I can hear people off rustling in the woods looking for new sticks to beat Kenny with.

“Go fetch me a switch there lad”

6. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Kenny's horrendous record as Ireland manager is the only stick Kenny has been beaten with.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSHAKALAKA View Post
    Kenny's horrendous record as Ireland manager is the only stick Kenny has been beaten with.
    Sure it is. We didn't just have days of people moaning about his exclusion of a player from a squad that hadn't been picked yet that the player subsequently made himself unavailable for.

But good to know where you stand at least. I'd been missing my daily reminder.

9. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Sure it is. We didn't just have days of people moaning about his exclusion of a player from a squad that hadn't been picked yet that the player subsequently made himself unavailable for.

You were drawing up excuses for Kenny for days despite not knowing what was going on. 😂 Pot, kettle etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,638 Posts

It gets better. This fraud thinks that if Obafemi doesn't want to play for Kenny, then Kenny should be sacked over it. The same Obafemi that nobody was all that bothered about until the last couple of weeks...

Go bhfoire dia orainn.

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    You think calling out nonsense is in itself nonsense? Ok I'll take that on board and adjust my posting to only respond to posts that aren't nonse....**** I've already broken my promise. Must do better.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    The Kenny mafia out in force. He has a fair few positioned throughout many media outlets. I think that went a long way to securing him a new contract. Like, the actual facts tell us that he's up there with the worst managers we've ever had. You wouldn't believe that reading many media publications or hardcore Kenny fanatic musings.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Yeah you're basically fighting the Deep State here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,347 Posts
    Why is this guy still allowed to post on foot.ie? We all have our moments, but adding nothing of value other than constantly slating the national team manager is gone beyond tiresome.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,319 Posts
    See my post in the March friendlies thread
    Let's all take a breath

19. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I'm absolutely unconvinced by Kenny but I don't see what else he could have done with Obafemi. He wanted to call him up, player isn't available (and the people writing off Obafemi entirely forever are just as bad as Boom Quixote) and Kenny has been far more diplomatic than he was when he last questioning Obafemi's use as an Ireland prospect which I (a touch optimistically I'll grant you) am taking as a sign of improved media and people management.

I would have liked him to be more enthusiatic about Ebosele's move to Udinese, "I have no problems with players moving to Italy as long as they're playing regularly" doesn't sound overly encouraging but that's a very minor observation in the overall scheme of things.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Criticism of Kenny is valid. His record speaks for itself. We all want him to do well but we have to look at the actual facts of his performance as manager and not romanticised version of some zealots. Players deciding not to join up with the squad is not a good sign, despite the spin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Criticism of Kenny is valid. His record speaks for itself. We all want him to do well but we have to look at the actual facts of his performance as manager and not romanticised version of some zealots. Players deciding not to join up with the squad is not a good sign, despite the spin.
    are you for real?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    are you for real?
    So criticism of SK is not valid. His record doesn't speak for itself. Unconvinced fans want him to fail. Statistics, facts and a revolving-door backroom mean nothing. No criticism or scepticism - back him or back off.

Sounds 88% familiar.
    Last edited by Snapshot; 19/03/2022 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    So criticism of SK is not valid. His record doesn't speak for itself. Unconvinced fans want him to fail. Statistics, facts and a revolving-door backroom mean nothing. No criticism or scepticism - back him or back off.

Sounds 88% familiar.
    players refusing to join up with the squad is utter nonsense.

25. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    There's valid criticism and then there's jumping to players (plural!) not wanting to join the squad based off a young striker with a bit of history and also possibly a completely valid reason counting himself out.

I'm a Rovers fan. There's plenty I'd criticize about Kenny. But there's plenty of over the top stuff that should be called out for what it is and the furore around Obafemi has been beyond ridiculous. Knives were out before the squad was even announced. Then we get our reason and it's spun against Kenny anyway? Absolute drivel.

27. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    719 Posts
    I didn't see much wrong with Kenny's last squad selection and the Obafeme thing seems to have been handled okay. I remain somewhat concerned that the public story there may be spin, but it's be hard to tell for now and my doubts on this are about the player and not the manager.

Kenny's overall record is ****e, but his results have been decent recently. With the new contract, I see little point in assessing his future for a few competitive games. Not that we'll stop arguing on here, of course.

29. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    849 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    I'm absolutely unconvinced by Kenny but I don't see what else he could have done with Obafemi. He wanted to call him up, player isn't available (and the people writing off Obafemi entirely forever are just as bad as Boom Quixote) and Kenny has been far more diplomatic than he was when he last questioning Obafemi's use as an Ireland prospect which I (a touch optimistically I'll grant you) am taking as a sign of improved media and people management.

I would have liked him to be more enthusiatic about Ebosele's move to Udinese, "I have no problems with players moving to Italy as long as they're playing regularly" doesn't sound overly encouraging but that's a very minor observation in the overall scheme of things.
    Mate of mine, who generally knows his stuff told me that Udinese have a habit of stockpiling players and not playing them. I don't watch enough Italian football to know if that's true, but if it is, it might explain why Kenny didn't seem overly enthusiastic