Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 69 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3522

Thread: Stephen Kenny

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I don't think so. He would be a failed manager and his options beyond LOI nil.
    So he'd go back to where he was a couple of years ago, where he could walk into any LOI job and be set up for life. And I doubt many people would see him as a failure when the only manager we can afford is Noel King.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    So he'd go back to where he was a couple of years ago, where he could walk into any LOI job and be set up for life. And I doubt many people would see him as a failure when the only manager we can afford is Noel King.
    If Nations League results are such that he's sacked then how - at senior level other than LOI - could he be described otherwise? What's Noel King got to do with it?
    Last edited by Snapshot; 18/12/2021 at 8:24 AM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    If Nations League results are such that he's sacked then how - at senior level other than LOI - could he be described otherwise? What's Noel King got to do with it?
    I didn't mention him being sacked - I said he could walk away if he's offered a two-month contract. I brought up Noel King because he's the level of manager we can afford.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Can we afford the Chelsea coach who is already involved?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    I didn't mention him being sacked - I said he could walk away if he's offered a two-month contract. I brought up Noel King because he's the level of manager we can afford.
    OK, I'll revisit it. If Kenny walks because of a contractual performance clause or if Nations League results are such that he's sacked - his options at senior level other than LOI will be almost nil (in my humble opinion). I also would be confident that sponsorship for an attractive financial package for a suitable replacement would be secured. I have no comment on Noel King, other than to wish him - and you - a happy Christmas.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    I assume the fai are looking for him to take a substantial pay cut. Surely 250 thousand a year is the max the association should be paying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    OK, I'll revisit it. If Kenny walks because of a contractual performance clause or if Nations League results are such that he's sacked - his options at senior level other than LOI will be almost nil (in my humble opinion). I also would be confident that sponsorship for an attractive financial package for a suitable replacement would be secured. I have no comment on Noel King, other than to wish him - and you - a happy Christmas.
    haha I have interest in continuing to talk about Noel King

My main point is that Kenny would be fine going back to the League of Ireland. He won't have to worry about getting a job when he does leave the FAI gig.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    I don't think so. He would be a failed manager and his options beyond LOI nil.
    Looking at this virus business at present, I think Kenny could be victimized by another season-ending lockdown of English football which would be his second. That would undo all the progress he has made with this team and could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    I have no comment on Noel King, other than to wish him - and you - a happy Christmas.
    I too would like to wish Noel King and his family a very Happy Christmas. Great coach. I had first-hand experience of his coaching abilities many moons ago in Ireland.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    Looking at this virus business at present, I think Kenny could be victimized by another season-ending lockdown of English football which would be his second. That would undo all the progress he has made with this team and could be the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Absolutely. It's a right bummer the damn virus only targets the Irish manager, his players, his arrangements and his results. In hindsight, his first Nations League campaign of no wins and one goal from six games was progress in disguise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Twitter thread analysing Kenny's tactics: https://twitter.com/_CFCJack__/statu...70263487463427
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Anthony Barry has just quit guys
    I'm driving so can't copy link from fai

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Probably shouldn't be posting either!!

Joining the coaching setup with Belgium. First game with them will be against Ireland in seven week's time
    https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/anth...-coaching-role
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts

Has taken up a role with the Belgian national team, who happen to be our next opponents. Not 100% shocked because he's a highly regarded coach and when Chelsea allowed him double jobbed it's no wonder a bigger team brought him in. Thought he would have been a good candidate for the next Ireland manager whenever Kenny left.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    That's disappointing especially given the improvements seen since he came in. Eyes on a bigger prize obviously.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    It'll be interesting to see who comes in now, and if the new coach gets all the credit/blame for future performances.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    That's disappointing especially given the improvements seen since he came in. Eyes on a bigger prize obviously.
    Yeah, it can hardly be a good thing to lose the current Chelsea coach to Belgium alright. The question is how bad a thing is it. We've plenty players who will hopefully continue to improve at club level over the next while for example, and that'll happen regardless of Barry.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Probably shouldn't be posting either!!

Joining the coaching setup with Belgium. First game with them will be against Ireland in seven week's time
    https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/anth...-coaching-role
    Hard to blame a fella when he is getting the chance to coach at a World Cup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Players will improve alright but the loss will be felt by lossing a good coach from the set up. Not sure what Andrews really does and feel he's only there cause he was with Kenny at U21s. Feel Barry would have been more of an influence than Andrews within the set up and you'd see himself and Kenny talking more during games. Think that's where the loss will be felt by losing someone like that you'd have in game to bounce ideas off of.

Ruaidhri Higgins helped get Barry into the set up, wonder is he mates with Michael Beale whose another highly rated coach and was linked to the Cardiff managers job while still assistant at Rangers before moving to Villa with Gerrard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Hard to blame a fella when he is getting the chance to coach at a World Cup.
    He's not Irish. It's just a job to him. He seems to have done well with us. Now he's off to another opportunity. There's no reason to hold that against him. Good luck to him with Belgium. They've had some cracking players for a while now and won nothing; they'd be a really popular winner with neutrals.

22. Thanks From: