Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 28 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Kenny

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    His 2020 performance have been his best probably since 2016. He's showing signs he's getting back to where he was. He does look a bit carefree at times but the major part of his game is he can put the ball on a guy's head from 30 yards, and he's been doing more of that.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Case study of the 4-3-3 formation from Zonal Pressing: https://zonalpressing.wordpress.com/...tion-analysis/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Kenny's Kids is back up and running FWIW.

Seems he has a new sponsor.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Apparently it’s being run by someone different who is “a journalist”. So far, much less of the grunt work, which was pretty much the only good thing about KK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    He's handed it over to Pundit Arena

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    An ouch from Duff, when asked about his decision to leave, words can be swords.

"it’s not ideal for the manager, but at the same time it’s a chance to bring in a better coach than me.

“He has done it already on the goalkeeping side with Dean Kiely, a great guy who will bring a lot of energy to the side and a coach who is at the top level in the Premier League every week"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Yep. I'm of the view that he quit because of kenny. It's all to smoke and mirrors

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    He's handed it over to Pundit Arena
    Hardly a ringing endorsement!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Is Duff just another ex-player finding it all too much trouble considering the wealth he has accumulated while playing. He wouldn’t be the first in modern times !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Is Duff just another ex-player finding it all too much trouble considering the wealth he has accumulated while playing. He wouldn’t be the first in modern times !
    I dont think so to be fair. Didnt he break his ****** at 6am training sessions with shamrock rovers u16 at first.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Yep. I'm of the view that he quit because of kenny. It's all to smoke and mirrors
    That's not what Duff directly implied. Duff indirectly (but obvious) claimed that he had no time for Kelly.
    Last edited by geysir; 17/02/2021 at 10:46 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    https://www.balls.ie/football/damien...ave-fai-461363

What a limp effort by the journalist concerned. More like an ice-cream salesman. Why didn't he ask a few tough, core questions and not let Duff off the hook?

* Why did you accept the contract if you had strong issues with the current FAI or individual members?
    * Did you have a problem with Alan Kelly? Videogate? Both?
    * If so, why on earth would you quit the national team because you dislike the goalkeeping coach?
    * Did you have a personality clash with Stephen Kenny? Was there a spat over strategy, selections?
    * Ireland scored only one goal in eight games during your coaching stint - any guilt about that?
    * That's three jobs and three exits. Are you a quitter, Damien?
    Last edited by Snapshot; 17/02/2021 at 4:31 AM. Reason: I named wrong journalist. Thanks Charlie for correction.

14. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Did you miss the part where it was someone else doing the interview?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    He’s definitely not a poorly millionaire former footballer. He’s continuing in his coaching of Shelbourne U-17s.

He appears to have had a big issue with how Videogate was even a story and how it was subsequently handled - there’s far more to this story. Definitely seems as if there’s some personnel he’s unhappy with.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Duff said he didn't want to go into the detail, except for the Kelly jibe he didn't reveal much
    Probably would have needed a Tommy Gorman to dig deep and inform Damien about his destined role in the greater scheme of Irish life, the dreams of all the little kids.

19. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Duff said he didn't want to go into the detail, except for the Kelly jibe he didn't reveal much
    Probably would have needed a Tommy Gorman to dig deep and inform Damien about his destined role in the greater scheme of Irish life, the dreams of all the little kids.
    He was hardly in the job a wet day when suddenly he's legged it - apparently because of unrevealed problems with unnamed people. Unless there's a credible explanation, he comes out of this mess like a right snowflake.

21. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Its all guess work obviously

I doubt he had an issue with Keith Andrews or the players, certainly not enough to quit over
    Does he quit because he feels the players aren't good enough, I doubt it, that isn't in his make up, but this could be a possibility even if unlikely
    Does he quit because the FAI are pathetic unhelpful wasters. defo no, he has known that for years
    It could very easily be that he feels Stephen Kenny is nowhere near the required level
    but who knows it could be something completely left field

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Its all guess work obviously

I doubt he had an issue with Keith Andrews or the players, certainly not enough to quit over
    Does he quit because he feels the players aren't good enough, I doubt it, that isn't in his make up, but this could be a possibility even if unlikely
    Does he quit because the FAI are pathetic unhelpful wasters. defo no, he has known that for years
    It could very easily be that he feels Stephen Kenny is nowhere near the required level
    but who knows it could be something completely left field
    Its guess work all right, and if i was to be a little bit more cruel you're just making up nonsense.

All the indications are that Duff went back as an employee of the FAI against his better judgement, but wanted to work with Stephen Kenny, and he left the FAI when his worst fears about them were quickly confirmed.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    Its guess work all right, and if i was to be a little bit more cruel you're just making up nonsense.

All the indications are that Duff went back as an employee of the FAI against his better judgement, but wanted to work with Stephen Kenny, and he left the FAI when his worst fears about them were quickly confirmed.
    None of us know... including you

I will note, he didn't thank Stephen Kenny for the opportunity on his exit

Again might just be rude or maybe more

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post

LOL! Who here hasn't had to sit through some corporate / work nonsense from senior mgmt / directors over the years?

We came out and thought to ourselves what a load of boll!cks that was and got back to our day jobs - like the rest of the employees. We may not be millionaire footballers and we could have looked for another job but we didn't because that would be a total overreaction.

Duff was a number 3 and he let Kenny down big time. I liked Duff as a player but as a pundit and his general demeanour to me he comes across as a bit of a tool and a spoofer! Good riddance to him.