Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 177 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Here's an article that sorts Premiership sides by minutes played by U21 players: https://www.football365.com/news/ran...oden-greenwood

It's nice to see a few names for us there: O'Shea, Connelly, Smallbone, and Obafemi all feature.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    A non story.

A few friendly games completed, a new playing style instigated, and a few youngsters bled in. O’Shea, Knight, Molumby the most promising. A lot of work for Idah to do. Manning was poor, clearly short on match practice. Frustrating to watch yes, but it’s a long road ahead.

Next step is for our players to produce the goods between now and March. I’m actually looking forward to the weekend again. Troy should be finally making his debut vs Cardiff. It will be exciting to watch who can continue to establish themselves over the next 4 months

3. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    Examiner saying that the video is fine but that the speech after it was what made people uncomfortable.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...-40086626.html

So the goalposts seem to be moving. The great irony of course is the Daily Mail as the paper to go to. The paper who constantly posted anti Irish drivel during the Brexit discussions and referred to “Lenny Verruca, the pipsqueek prime minister”.

Racist rag who supported the Nazis in the late 30s.

Makes me wonder if the speech even referred to Brexit and the disregard for the GFA. That’s what I’d have used myself!
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 21/11/2020 at 9:25 AM.

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    That is interesting. So can probably assume video is harmless, and its likely to come out at some point. Second thing, whoever has made the initial complaint is still complaining, and leaking. One of the oldest rules in football management, you have entirely your own people around you. Shows what can happen when you don't.

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    If kenny said anything pro IRA. He should be sacked today. I hope not I really do. But he he said " up the ra"or the like its something that cant be excused

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    I'd agree with that, but if that's what he is supposed to have said it'd be hard to see why the FAI seemed to think his explanation was satisfactory.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'd agree with that, but if that's what he is supposed to have said it'd be hard to see why the FAI seemed to think his explanation was satisfactory.
    Is it not a case that he has only meet Owen's? And the board is yet to meet ?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    Yes, you're right. But the article says this (based on what, who knows?):

"There is no question of Kenny’s being subject to stern disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal..." which would seem to rule out anything RA related, though with the FAI you'd rule nothing out.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 21/11/2020 at 12:01 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    My fear is just coming from a rumour that one of the players that was v upset was Randolph( I've zero proof) but 2 people have said it to me( also providing me with zero proof) let's just say it wouldn't stand up in court. Randolph doesn't come across as someone who would get up set easily

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    If kenny said anything pro IRA. He should be sacked today. I hope not I really do. But he he said " up the ra"or the like its something that cant be excused
    There is zero evidence he said anything of the sort, you're just speculating wildly based on nothing. Its pointless to invent things like this. Why would you think he would be that stupid?

14. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    My fear is just coming from a rumour that one of the players that was v upset was Randolph( I've zero proof) but 2 people have said it to me( also providing me with zero proof) let's just say it wouldn't stand up in court. Randolph doesn't come across as someone who would get up set easily
    Belfast Telegraph ran a story yesterday that Randolph was set to retire, then withdrew the story.

There are two themes here: goalkeepers & hard right British media! (BT is seen as a loyalist leaning paper, yes?)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    There is zero evidence he said anything of the sort, you're just speculating wildly based on nothing. Its pointless to invent things like this. Why would you think he would be that stupid?
    It is speculation but it's hard to see many other things that'd arouse such strong feelings or objections. But yes, good idea to stop speculating.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    It's a fear more then anything. It's just Darren is from bray and tobe upset to the point of retiring I think what was said was more then let's get these *******s. But your right its ridiculous speculation

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I’m wondering if the goalkeeper coach and the senior goalkeeper are the ones upset, if this might not be more about Kenny’s efforts to play out from the back?

Alan Kelly was an old school keeper, something tells me he’s not a fan of the modern sweeper keeper and wouldn’t be particularly adept at training keepers in that style (pure speculation obviously), Randolph obviously isn’t comfortable playing that style either, he’s probably well aware his future in a team playing that way is in doubt too.

It would be sad if that’s what’s happening but things are starting to point in that direction.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    That would be seriously concerning if it were the case. What Kenny's trying to do with the keepers is nothing new at all (even UCD are giving it a go)

If there's a bit of a revolt over switching to a more modern style of play, and if it succeeds, then we're kind of doomed to keep playing the same old crap.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    I met alan kelly in 2002 wc. I found him to be nice but very stupid

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I’m wondering if the goalkeeper coach and the senior goalkeeper are the ones upset, if this might not be more about Kenny’s efforts to play out from the back?

Alan Kelly was an old school keeper, something tells me he’s not a fan of the modern sweeper keeper and wouldn’t be particularly adept at training keepers in that style (pure speculation obviously), Randolph obviously isn’t comfortable playing that style either, he’s probably well aware his future in a team playing that way is in doubt too.

It would be sad if that’s what’s happening but things are starting to point in that direction.
    The Security Implications of Randolph and Duffy playing out from the back are serious = = its accidents waiting to happen.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    I met alan kelly in 2002 wc. I found him to be nice but very stupid
    Was Alan Kelly brought up in Blighty ? ?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    Yeah, it does sound like a bit of unrest if these stories are getting out.

But like, how much of a story - really - is this:

Extra.ie understands there was a second incident ahead of the England friendly which startled players. At a meeting in the team hotel, Kenny is understood to have raised his voice and started shouting in front of astonished players.
    It still sounds like mountain out of molehill stuff, but the fact it's getting into the press is the concern. This sort of stuff should be dealt with internally.