Page 14 of 177 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Kenny

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    I'd agree with some of that OTOH.

Maybe I'm being a bit hard on Kenny and the team, and no doubt I'll feel unjustifiably optimistic by the time the next set of fixtures come round.

It's the nature of being a fan.
    Last edited by Trequartista20; 19/11/2020 at 10:34 PM.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I'm not sure I want to live in a world where I'm not allowed to hate the English

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    Good point, would it have been too much to ask for Kenny to include some D Day footage, a clip or two of Churchill, maybe even a few seconds of Bobby Moore lifting the World Cup, to keep our dual nationals onside?
    Yeah because that's what I said.

You can be pro-Irish without being anti-English and it seems like this could have been the latter.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I'm not sure I want to live in a world where I'm not allowed to hate the English
    They are not that fond of us either !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I'm not sure it's really healthy to hate anyone, especially based irrationally on what they are rather than who they are.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    I'm not sure it's really healthy to hate anyone, especially based irrationally on what they are rather than who they are.
    I'm obviously taking the pi$$ , this sounds a nonsense story of the highest order

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    They are not that fond of us either !
    I fear your hatred of the English is largely unrequited.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    I fear your hatred of the English is largely unrequited.
    The English are not that fond of the Irish ~ ~ I can tell you that as someone who lived there for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Did ya foyl the ball Kyenny? Did ya foyl the ball?

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    RTÉ puts a bit more flesh on the video itself -

The first part is exactly what I'd expect to have seen. Then the offending part seems to be a 30-second clip. That could be a speech scene from Michael Collins or something similar. I can understand that being reasonable in the context. The Indo article makes it sound like they all sat down and watched the whole film, which would be silly.

I'd be less inclined to be bothered about a 30-second clip tbh (acknowledging that I don't know what it was - but how bad can it have been?)
    As touched upon by another poster the story is the leaking/reporting of the clip not of the clip itself by someone who simply has to be out to get SK. It is someone close enough to have been there and has then went to the FAI board complaining about what essentially nothing really.

There simply has to be further involvement in the Irish camp for the individual involved and any decision apart from this made by the FAI will be a national disgrace.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Until we hear exactly what this 30 seconds consisted of - and maybe Kenny's own talk that allegedly touched on a similar topic - it's impossible to judge. It could be a ridiculous non-story, an underhanded coup or a sackable offence. Silly thing to do for a friendly all the same.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    The English are not that fond of the Irish ~ ~ I can tell you that as someone who lived there for years.
    I'm sorry if you've felt discriminated against. I've lived in London for the best part of five years and that hasn't been my experience, but I know my father got some rough treatment in years gone by.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Until we hear exactly what this 30 seconds consisted of - and maybe Kenny's own talk that allegedly touched on a similar topic - it's impossible to judge. It could be a ridiculous non-story, an underhanded coup or a sackable offence. Silly thing to do for a friendly all the same.
    Ah here unless it was 30 second description of how many pieces Airey Neive’s body ended up in then it is clearly already a non story. **** poor motivational tactics certainly and in keeping with the ridiculousness of the game even happening.

There simply can be no room for such an individual so close to the camp from here I don’t think that can be disputed.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Men and women knowingly gave up their lives to free most of this country from the English. There's been no shortage of English born people of Irish heritage who have spoken about that being a proud part of their heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Gallagher
    The first music I was ever exposed to was the rebel songs the bands used to sing in the Irish club in Manchester. Do you know, I think that's where Oasis songs get their punch-the-air quality - from me being exposed to those rousing rebel songs. It was all rebel songs and that godawful Irish country and western music.
    If Irish patriotism doesn't sit comfortably with someone, be that player, coach or backroom staff, and no matter where they were born or how they came to be Irish, I have to question what business they have being in an Irish dressing room.

That Stephen Kenny couldn't have dreamed a better way to claim back some support makes be dubious that the story hasn't been planted by the FAI. Either way it's a load of ********.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

18. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    In this snowflake world in which we live in these days this is probably a good enough reason to sack kenny and the FAI can hide behind it as opposed to saying we never wanted him and don't think he is up to it.
    The people making this into a story, I suspect, are the same who deride others as snowflakes. I see the scumbag Kelvin MacKenzie is on his high horse already.

20. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    This is exactly my take on it.
    This may be an scandal for the english media. The coach is entitled to speak about any issue. This isnt an issue for the Republic, thanked God the talk about life and politics.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    so they have the poppy and all that, and Ireland cant talk politics, this is a bit of double stardarization of sports and politics

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    If the english media pick up this story it can escalate because of double standard

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    Men and women knowingly gave up their lives to free most of this country from the English. There's been no shortage of English born people of Irish heritage who have spoken about that being a proud part of their heritage.

If Irish patriotism doesn't sit comfortably with someone, be that player, coach or backroom staff, and no matter where they were born or how they came to be Irish, I have to question what business they have being in an Irish dressing room.

That Stephen Kenny couldn't have dreamed a better way to claim back some support makes be dubious that the story hasn't been planted by the FAI. Either way it's a load of ********.
    If someone is disgusted by that , there is always a door. I read a lot about the abuse for playing for Ireland James McCarthy had , his parents and relatives in Scotland as McGeady had

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The people making this into a story, I suspect, are the same who deride others as snowflakes. I see the scumbag Kelvin MacKenzie is on his high horse already.
    **** Kelvin MacKenzie.