So, tonight then?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punkrocket View Post
    So, tonight then?
    Did laugh at this, but probably November at the earliest unless they wanna sack him or have a clause that allows them to get out. I know managers are contracted till the end of tournaments but there's normally something in contracts that they leave at the end of qualifiers if we don't qualify.

At this stage O'Shea finishing the campaign out as caretaker has more positives than Kenny seeing it out as manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Apparently we’re paying him peanuts that no other manager would take. **** him right off and see how he goes. He’ll be lucky to get back to LOI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Or will we get the same Greece are an up and coming team………..

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    One of the worst parts about all this is the cnuts who almost celebrate us losing just so they can say they were right on the internet

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    One of the worst parts about all this is the cnuts who almost celebrate us losing just so they can say they were right on the internet
    Must hurt backing a fcuking donkey. How many years and pots are we behind now. Will we get 4th pot?? Us and San Marino??

But blame everyone else

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    It has been obvious to anyone with even the most limited knowledge of football that Kenny has been well out of his depth since as far back as the Luxembourg defeat and the LOI fan boys who consistently backed him are the reason this disaster has dragged on for as long as it has. Our team has now sank to its lowest point in living memory. It will be years before we recover.

The excuse that we have no money to replace him is only used by this same LOI fan base in the vain hope that we all buy into the fact we can't get somebody better for 540K a year and that we stick with their man in perpetuity. These fanatics then cling onto the insane notion that somehow Kenny will turn a corner despite all evidence to the contrary and they loudly shout down any dissenting voices when we go down to a fighting heroic defeat against France or achieve a narrow victory to Lithuania as proof that, if we stick with their man, tournament qualification is just around the corner. No sequence of bad results will change their minds, they are the worst type of zealots that cannot see the wood for the trees. They are the flat earthers, climate change deniers, Trump supporters and religious fanatics of the football world, not capable of critical thinking. No matter how much evidence they are presented with that is contrary to their beliefs they will dismiss it as untrue and shout down the dissenting voices.

We should never have a LOI manager or any of the LOI players near our International team again after this disaster. It is a basket case league suffering from years of non investment and anybody in it with even a modicum of talent would leave very quickly for better shores.

Regarding the Kenny fan boys a suggestion. Instead of still being on this site defending your previous comments how about you start posting some apologies for the disaster you have helped to unleash on our International team that has ruined the enjoyment of the true fans, those fans that had no agenda and just pointed out what has been obvious for years now, Kenny is a joke, is well out of his depth and has dragged the team into depths that even Stan would never have sank to.
    Last edited by youngirish; 17/06/2023 at 7:04 AM.

10. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Time for this gibbering wreck to go. He exudes anxiety, evidently can’t motivate the players in critical games and his parochial over-reliance on his ex Under-21 / LOI favourites is severely damaging the future of this team fulfilling their true potential.

Can’t blame Cannon whatsoever for turning us down. Players need to feel loved. There are countless tales of Clough and Ferguson courting players (even sleeping on couches) to ensure they get their man. Yet we discard his talents at the expense of Idah and Parrot to remain in the U21’s, despite quite obviously proving in the same team as the latter his movement, awareness and clinical finishing his far superior (something that the over-inflated ego Andrews, for whom the saying “the hollowest bells ring loudest” is perfectly designed for, witnessed in the flesh this season).

We have an abundance of young kids with great potential in the lower age groups, along with players like Connell, Azaz, Taylor, McNulty, Ebolese, Manning, McNamara emerging as fine young professionals. They need to be guided by a forward thinking manager, with modern coaching methods, who have experienced the big occasions either as part of a management team, or a player. Potential candidates could be…

Kieran McKenna has great youth and coaching experience who has transformed Ipswich this season with an attractive, attacking style.

Mark Kennedy has made Lincoln defensively sound after being Wolves U21 boss and should know a thing about attacking and the big match day experience for Ireland and Liverpool.

Paddy McCarthy has done a brilliant job underage with Palace, who have some of the best young talent in the PL.

Beyond that, the Championship has a load of promising managers if we weren’t going to opt for an Irish manager like Mark Robins has done an amazing job with Coventry, with Ryan Lowe and Liam Rosenior also looking good.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Regarding the Kenny fan boys a suggestion. Instead of still being on this site defending your previous comments how about you start posting some apologies for the disaster you have helped to unleash on our International team that has ruined the enjoyment of the true fans, those fans that had no agenda and just pointed out what has been obvious for years now, Kenny is a joke, is well out of his depth and has dragged the team into depths that even Stan would never have sank to.
    I've obviously come from a LOI background and have been Kenny out for a long time (as have LOADS of others) but the weird, petulant, hysterical bile of your post is mind-blowing.

You're obviously hurting a great deal after last night and, maybe (hopefully), you were 'tired and emotional' writing that diatribe but to see a presumably grown man lashing out and blaming internet posters on an obscure website for the plight of the Irish football team would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

I can't even comprehend the depth and quantity of wrong turns an adult would have to take in life to be so invested in their football team that a wave of hostility and fury follows a fairly predictable disappointment.

This is a barely average team with a markedly less than average manager. The true fans, not the borderline deranged making the unwise decision to live vicariously through Adam Idah's not quite 1-goal-in-9 career, should recognise that too and consider that, in addition to Kenny's limitations, this might be more of a contributary factor to our malaise than a handful of lads with an admitedly baffling loyalty to a manager who has largely been flailing since Day 1 and is listing ever more over time.

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    So, we're effectively out of contention after 2 games. Of course there are many extenuating factors and no-one is going to judge Kenny exclusively on the basis of two games (one decent performance and one disorganised and clueless one), BUT it serves absolutely no purpose to persist with a manager who has demonstrated an abject incapacity to get the best out of our playing resources or provide any evidence of tactical coherence or progress. If the FAI allows this dismal spectacle to continue, it will be a fundamental dereliction of duty. The sad thing is that last night was not a surprise. In our heart of hearts, we already knew the most likely outcome of last night's game because we have been here before. The sense of fatalism was only reinforced by the frankly boneheaded selection of Idah to play alongside Ferguson. No-one other than Kenny (motivated by irrational loyalty to "one of his" players), could possibly have imagined that this combination was ever going to gel. The maverick selections and omissions are really only side-issues to a much more basic inadequacy - there is no discernible template, tactical approach or philosophy underpinning our game. It's apparent in the leaden pace, the absence of movement, the inability to retain possession......... Northern Ireland were unlucky not to get a point from Denmark last night. With a much weaker team and a smaller pool of players O'Neil has consistently managed to produce a brand of football that is fluent, positive and attractive. Of course the players must take some responsibility, but it looks like they are being sent out to play with virtually no direction and expected to get on with it. We're not world beaters, but we can do better than this, but not with Kenny

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    I've obviously come from a LOI background and have been Kenny out for a long time (as have LOADS of others) but the weird, petulant, hysterical bile of your post is mind-blowing.

You're obviously hurting a great deal after last night and, maybe (hopefully), you were 'tired and emotional' writing that diatribe but to see a presumably grown man lashing out and blaming internet posters on an obscure website for the plight of the Irish football team would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

I can't even comprehend the depth and quantity of wrong turns an adult would have to take in life to be so invested in their football team that a wave of hostility and fury follows a fairly predictable disappointment.

This is a barely average team with a markedly less than average manager. The true fans, not the borderline deranged making the unwise decision to live vicariously through Adam Idah's not quite 1-goal-in-9 career, should recognise that too and consider that, in addition to Kenny's limitations, this might be more of a contributary factor to our malaise than a handful of lads with an admitedly baffling loyalty to a manager who has largely been flailing since Day 1 and is listing ever more over time.
    Another Kenny apologist blaming the team. A team no more inferior to the Mick McCarthy or Martin O'Neil ones that were at least in the running for qualification for tournaments. Your straw man argument that suggests Idah was his only choice so he cannot be blamed for him failing to perform clearly ignores the fact that he could have started with Obafemi instead. I'm guessing you knew beforehand we were going to be dominated by the Greeks in which case you should have stated this on here.

I like your attempt to paint my post as some reactionary, emotional post because I was devastated about the result. Its from page 1 of the 'How to Shut People Down Who You Don't Like What They Say but May Have a Point" handbook but nice try.

Anyway like your evaluation of Kenny you could not be further from the truth. I expected such a result so was not surprised in the slightest and if we are being honest here (try it) I'll admit that I actually wanted such a result but not for the reasons you will state. We need these types of result because if Kenny sneaks a 1:1 with Greece or a 1-0 against Gibraltar the fanboys (like you) latch onto that and use it as a reason to prop up this dead horse and keep it limping on an on repeat and rinse. We need this clown out now.

The real reason for my post is that I simply enjoy pointing out what has been obvious to me, as your intellectual superior, for a number of years now and this is that your naivety, fanaticism and utterly illogical devotion to Kenny (as can be seen when you are still trying to defend him above) was clearly going to lead us down a road to ruin. Now admit it, apologise and we can all move on.
    Last edited by youngirish; 17/06/2023 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Young Irish are you ok

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Youngirish, take a breath man. You've misread his post at the very least.

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    I am really struggling to understand why SK retains such support. It baffles me. There were no positives from last night, no progress, no cohesion and from being at the game and watching the body language of the players at least half of them have given up on him.

This is the lowest ebb in memory and i find it insulting that people blame the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    I am really struggling to understand why SK retains such support. It baffles me. There were no positives from last night, no progress, no cohesion and from being at the game and watching the body language of the players at least half of them have given up on him.

This is the lowest ebb in memory and i find it insulting that people blame the players.
    Cant understand how anyone can back him anymore after that last night. The big question is where do we go from here. Everyone seems to know that he is on peanuts for being the international manger. I don't think a decent candidate would get out of bed for his salary.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    499 Posts
    I Heard off my Greek mate that Gus poyet in on 500k
    If true
    That's less then kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Poyet has been nowhere in management for years,but he was made look like Pep Guardiola last night,should tell you everything…..
    Last edited by joey B; 17/06/2023 at 1:09 PM.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    499 Posts
    True
    But check out Croatia and the swedish Managers salaries

https://www.completesports.com/revea...ifa-world-cup/

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts
    YI, please take a minute. This is way over the top stuff. Nobody on this site has the right to state they're somebody's else intellectual superior. I know I can be be a bit condescending myself at times and the academic in me comes out more than i'd like it to, but that's crossing a line in basic common decency.
    Last edited by Eminence Grise; 17/06/2023 at 1:19 PM.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    499 Posts
    I'm not sure if this site is reliable

https://extra.ie/2023/06/17/sport/so...nny-fai-future