Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What annoys you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    all women seem to do that. where ever they go it always seems to come as a shock that they'll have to produce money/card/id.

another one is middle aged fellas who drive old mercs (6+ years old) especially if they're taxi drivers. da biggest shower of tight ar$ed fcukers ever. as rollys royce used to say "if u need to ask u don't need to no"

people who insist on drivin 10mph below speed limit. da limit used to be 60mph so they drove 50mph. now its 50 mph so they drive 40mph. i'm talkin bout on a perfect straight smooth road. and der always seems to be on comin traffic when u meet these people
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    people who say creche instead of crash & sachs instead of sex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by $Leon$
    all women seem to do that. where ever they go it always seems to come as a shock that they'll have to produce money/card/id.
    Hay thats not true in the slightest... Ok may have do the pass machine one when I've been pi$$ed but thats it..

The Makers of BMW's and Merks and some SUV's that forget to put indicators on them reall bug me

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B
    She was'nt blonde by any chance Patsh
    No, she was an extremely attractive brunette actually!....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    Maybe she thought you were making a move on her
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Buses are the same, thye could be waiting for 20 minutes, but it seems to come as a complete surprise that they have to pay for a ticket, and spend an age rooting around the bag.
    Yeah, that's for sure.
    A few years ago I was waiting at a bus stop in Dublin.
    A woman who arrived 15 minutes after me, started complaining about the bus being late. (I had just missed one and they were running every 30 mins)

The bus arrived 10 minutes late and she barged her way on while others were trying to get off. She started having a go at the driver for being late.
    He apologised and said, "sorry love, traffic is a nightmare and it's very busy on the busses."

Only after her little rant did she begin to look for her purse in her oversized handbag, eventually finding it, only to spend another 30/40 seconds looking for the correct change. She had 25 minutes at the bus stop to get the correct fare out and ready.

I'm still patiently standing behind her and as she dropped the money in to the hopper she made another remark about being late.
    I couldn't keep quiet any longer and said, "if people had the correct fare ready, the bus mightn't be running so late!"

You get some great people driving the busses in Dublin, who'll never see you wrong if you need directions or the correct bus/bus stop.
    Show a little respect!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Last Saturday, I happened to be in a rush, and just got pipped in the queue by a woman. There were 2 people ahead of her, and when she got to the machine, it was only then she opened her bag, rummaged around for awhile, found her purse, fiddled with that, put the card into the slot, and then her mobile rang. She had to answer it of course, ignoring the card. It was ejected, so she put it in again, but still did not press any buttons and kept on talking. The card was ejected for a second time, she pushed it in and it looked like she wasn't going to do anything, so I said "could you hurry up please?". She looked at me like I was a piece of sh*t, said "I'm ON THE PHONE" and turned her back on me. I tapped her on the shoulder, said "I'M IN THE QUEUE WAITING FOR YOU". (there were about 3 more people there at this stage) She eventually started entering her numbers, telling whoever was on the phone all about the SAVAGE behind her! Of course she got it wrong, and had to start over again. All this time she was on the phone, but when she had to start again, she put the phone away. I do not know what she was doing, but she was pressing buttons left, right and centre. Eventually, she stopped and spent an age putting the card back into her purse & bag. She turned around, gave me an absolute filthy, and said to the other people "there is something wrong with the machine".
    I put my card in got my money, taking about 15 seconds for the whole thing. After all that, the b*tch didn't even have money to get out!
    Oh God, i'm getting mad just reading that, patsh, I feel your pain and commend your patience, i'd have lost the plot.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Dublin Bouncers!
    Eoin Mullen, Bohemians legend!

"You should always take good care of your cat" - Postman Pat, 1991

2005 - a great year for Irish football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire06
    Hay thats not true in the slightest... Ok may have do the pass machine one when I've been pi$$ed but thats it..

The Makers of BMW's and Merks and some SUV's that forget to put indicators on them reall bug me
    ders a round about beside where i work.
    its only one painted on the road but still a round about. i turn right at it so naturally get in the right hand lane but the amount of people who stay in the left lane and turn right (3rd exit) is unbelievable. the amount of near misses i've had there.

not tryin to b racist but has anyone else ever noticed da way at popular city centre bus stops when theres a q (ie people waitin in a straight line from the stop) that groups of chinese people just form a crowd around the bus stop and jump on as soon as the bus stops skippin the q???
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    $Leon's spelling is a bone of contention with me at this stage

Something that really gets me cringing is the pundits and everyday ordinary folk who talk in the plural sense if describing a team or player e.g "I'd love to play against the Chelsea's and Liverpools of this world every week" or "if we could only afford the calibre of player such as the Duffs and Gerrards we'd be challenging". B*****ks..... There are only one of each for FFS!
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    $Leon$'s poor grammar and spelling really grates me at times. 'Da' is no substitute for 'the'.
    "In life, it aint about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep on moving forward"

Rocky Balboa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Agree totally, I usually follow it up with "You're f*ckin welcome!"
    Me too

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSemi
    $Leon's spelling is a bone of contention
    play against the Chelsea's

You just hit one of my irritants!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu

You just hit one of my irritants!
    its not my fault i can't spell.
    anyway if i was writing something more than this i always spell correctly and use proper grammer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Something that really gets me cringing is the pundits and everyday ordinary folk who talk in the plural sense if describing a team or player e.g "I'd love to play against the Chelsea's and Liverpools of this world every week" or "if we could only afford the calibre of player such as the Duffs and Gerrards we'd be challenging". B*****ks..... There are only one of each for FFS!
    God yeah, that really pi$$es me off too.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    I did quote Joe Semi, not you...!

anyway if i was writing something more than this i always spell correctly and use proper grammer.
    Why should this be any different though? We're all trying to understand what you're (and everyone else, obviously) saying...that's the reason we have spelling rules...are we not worthy of being given a fair chance of understanding what you're on about...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    I did quote Joe Semi, not you...!

Why should this be any different though? We're all trying to understand what you're (and everyone else, obviously) saying...that's the reason we have spelling rules...are we not worthy of being given a fair chance of understanding what you're on about...?
    suppose your right in a way. just don't want to have to agree with that other pair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    People who use "air inverted commas".

You know what I mean - with their fingers like rabbits ears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    suppose your right in a way.
    It's "you're", Leon!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Now we're getting somewhere! I'll convert the lot of you yet, I will!

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast