Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hearts fans; Hearts v Celtic

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Angry Hearts fans; Hearts v Celtic

Just back to Scotland after a week at home. Just seeing on the Scottish news headlines about the Hearts supporters booing the minutes silence for the Pope, the disrespectful feckers! If the Queen died, i wouldn't dream of booing a minute's silence for her, even though i can't stand the Royal waste of space.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Much ado about nothing. Hearts are predominantly supported by those who don't have the train fare to Glasgow. What would you expect ?

These minute silences at football matches are usually unnecessary and should be abolished. We don't have minute silences at work so why on the football pitch ?

If the Queen died (head of the Church of England), how well do you think a minute's silence would go at Celtic Park ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerr's tribe
    Just back to Scotland after a week at home. Just seeing on the Scottish news headlines about the Hearts supporters booing the minutes silence for the Pope, the disrespectful feckers! If the Queen died, i wouldn't dream of booing a minute's silence for her, even though i can't stand the Royal waste of space.
    Did you honestly expect anything else from them? Your average Hertz fan is just a hun without the bus fare, after all...

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    suppose they are! but i would say a minute's silence for the queen at parkhead would not be as bad, depends if it was an old firm or not, cos then u tend to get more thick bigots. just watched it on the news, the ref had to blow the whistle at 20secs as it was obvious they were going to continue..

not good for the club though, said on news it had made the papers in new york and other far flung places

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    Much ado about nothing. Hearts are predominantly supported by those who don't have the train fare to Glasgow. What would you expect ?

These minute silences at football matches are usually unnecessary and should be abolished. We don't have minute silences at work so why on the football pitch ?

If the Queen died (head of the Church of England), how well do you think a minute's silence would go at Celtic Park ?

Was at the game when there was a minute's silence for the Queen's Mother three years ago, and apart from a few eejit's giving the press more flack to chuck at us, 99 per cent of fans showed respect for it.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    Did you honestly expect anything else from them? Your average Hertz fan is just a hun without the bus fare, after all...

PP
    Not that I look at the daily ******, but I seen a copy of it today and they even managed to find a way to blame Celtic fans for reacting to it by singing a few chants at Hearts fans afterwards.

How that paper has changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    Not that I look at the daily ******, but I seen a copy of it today and they even managed to find a way to blame Celtic fans for reacting to it by singing a few chants at Hearts fans afterwards.

ar$ieholes! i remember watching that game, when there was a min silence for the queen mum, i was pleasantly surprised at the reaction, fair play, they didn't stoop as low as the rangers/hearts/england followers who boo at the drop of a hat.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

I was at Hampden yesterday, it was all too predictable.

Everyone knew the Hearts fans were going to disrupt the minutes silence, though I was a bit surprised that it was 80-90% of them, booing, singing, whistling etc.......

Personally I wouldn't have bothered with it, I know there are those that would suggest this is bowing down to the bigots, however I feel that those who truly wanted to pay respects to the pope would have done so already & don't need a minutes silence at a game of football to do so.

I knew however that Celtic fans couldn't escape the wrath of the tabloid journalists and no sooner was I back in the car listening to Jim Traynor on the radio and I quote " Celtic can no longer claim the moral high ground after their foul mouthed bigoted response" He was of course referring to Celtic Fans singing The Soldiers Song, including the line 'God Bless the Pope'

So no matter what Panorama says, Bigotry in Scotland is not only a West of Scotland issue, is it?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    "He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead"

God Bless the Pope!
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I only encountered bigotry when i came to Scotland from Northern Ireland!

chicago tribune and a few new york papers got wind of it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...ck=1&cset=true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    I was at Hampden yesterday, it was all too predictable.

Everyone knew the Hearts fans were going to disrupt the minutes silence, though I was a bit surprised that it was 80-90% of them, booing, singing, whistling etc.......

Personally I wouldn't have bothered with it, I know there are those that would suggest this is bowing down to the bigots, however I feel that those who truly wanted to pay respects to the pope would have done so already & don't need a minutes silence at a game of football to do so.

I knew however that Celtic fans couldn't escape the wrath of the tabloid journalists and no sooner was I back in the car listening to Jim Traynor on the radio and I quote " Celtic can no longer claim the moral high ground after their foul mouthed bigoted response" He was of course referring to Celtic Fans singing The Soldiers Song, including the line 'God Bless the Pope'

So no matter what Panorama says, Bigotry in Scotland is not only a West of Scotland issue, is it?

That was the bloke that was banging on in the paper yesterday. That's right he normally does a phone in show after game's, when he starts off its almost like the Mark Walters carry on here. As for Hearts have to admit not surprised with the response, this is proberly the first time i've seen them get blamed by the media for some of their bigoted actions.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    We don't have minute silences at work so why on the football pitch ?
    Where I work we did, minutes silence at 9am last Friday morning.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    let's not forget that the minute's silence was also interrupted (albeit to a lesser degree) in the other semi despite both Hibs and Dundee United being perceived as having Catholic links (again, on a lesser scale than Celtics).
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Much ado about nothing my arse. If this was the other way around it would be on the front page of every paper in Scotland.

Their was a minutes silence at CP for Diana and the Queen's mother btw.

However, former vice chairman of the Federation of Hearts Supporters’ Club, Robin Beith, said the SFA had to take at least some responsibility for what happened.

"This type of situation does lend itself to people acting in an antisocial manner.

"The Pope is unrelated to football and the SFA should have known better than to have a minute’s silence - I think they were ill advised," he said.

"Are the 20,000 other [Celtic] fans who were singing the Republic of Ireland’s national anthem going to be arrested too?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid
    let's not forget that the minute's silence was also interrupted (albeit to a lesser degree) in the other semi despite both Hibs and Dundee United being perceived as having Catholic links (again, on a lesser scale than Celtics).
    yes , i just got back on sat night, so i had not seen this on tv, but it is a joke too! if it was vice versa with the queen etc, it would be on front pages

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    "Are the 20,000 other [Celtic] fans who were singing the Republic of Ireland’s national anthem going to be arrested too?" [/b]
    When did singing Amhrain Na Bhfiain become a criminal offense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boysingreen
    When did singing Amhrain Na Bhfiain become a criminal offense

When did booing become a criminal offence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints4Ever
    When did booing become a criminal offence
    Can be taken as breach of the peace, or incitement to hatred, when done during a minute's silence, and that being a minute's silence for anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Can be taken as breach of the peace, or incitement to hatred, when done during a minute's silence, and that being a minute's silence for anyone.
    Sorry Sylvo. But booing is NOT a crimanal offence no matter what way you put it. I don't in any way agree with what the Jambos done. But observing a minutes silence is NOT a law, its a choice

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Much ado about nothing my arse. If this was the other way around it would be on the front page of every paper in Scotland.There was a minutes silence at CP for Diana and the Queen's mother btw.:
    As I say, much ado about nothing. It wouldn't bother me if someone booed when Diana, the Pope, the Queen Mother or Uncle Tom Cobley and all died. There are dick heads all over the world who would boo even if it was their own parents' funeral.

Shock! Horror! Hearts fans disrespect the minute's silence. It's like expressing surprise that a junkie broke into a cocaine factory. It was almost the most predictable thing in the world, next to Linfield or Rangers' fans booing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast