Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Pre-season friendlies.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
    The pitch in Carlow is a good quality floodlit astro. Unfortunately, there is no seating and not even a railing around the pitch to lean on. You can get nice an close to the action though
    Would you have a team sheet from Wexford’s game against Pats today by any chance?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    Would you have a team sheet from Wexford’s game against Pats today by any chance?
    Pats have first and second half teams on their twitter I think

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    Out of interest. What 15 do Limerick have signed up?
    Jack Brady, Tommy Holland, Shaun Kelly, Killian Brouder, Sean Russell, Robbie Williams, Colm Walsh-O’Loghlen, Adam Foley, Ger Barry, William Fitzgerald, Karl O’Sullivan, Aaron Fitzgerald, Connor Ellis, Jason Hughes, Sean McSweeney.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Pats have first and second half teams on their twitter I think
    Yep I seen that.. looking for the Wexford squad if anyone comes across it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Encouraging performance by Wexford in Carlow today and it was only after a raft of subs came on that Pats made their superiority tell. Wexford had 18 players at the game and those that I recognised included Corey Chambers, Colm Feeney, Danny Doyle, Sean Kelly, Daire O'Connor, Ryan Nolan, Owen McCormack, Sean Roche, Ethan O'Neill, Caelan Travers-Devlin, Ivan Meegan and about seven trialists. First half was relatively and surprisingly even with Pats having two chances, one hit the post and the other the side netting and Wexford having the ball in the net twice but both were ruled out for offside. Changes started from half-time and it allowed Pats to gain a grip on the game. First goal came on the hour mark when Gary Shaw headed home after good work down the right from Simon Madden. The other two goals came in the final ten minutes with a nice curling effort by Pats and a header with a couple of minutes to go. Wexford looked best at centre half where Owen and Daire did well, with Sean Kelly excellent in front of them and Sean Roche lively up front. 3-0 to Pats at full-time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Five nil win for City against Limerick today. Not too much to learn from that game except that Limerick are awful. Think we played with 10 men for about half an hour as the subs had all been made (and left for showers) and Ronan Coughlan took a knock. Young Ronan Hurley impressed again, he could stake a claim for a first team spot this year at left back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Decent run out in Carlow with a 3-0 win, goals from Shaw, Drennan and a cracker from Trialist.
    2nd goal was a beauty alright. 1st half was better than the 2nd. Wholesale changes does that to a friendly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Encouraging performance by Wexford in Carlow today and it was only after a raft of subs came on that Pats made their superiority tell. Wexford had 18 players at the game and those that I recognised included Corey Chambers, Colm Feeney, Danny Doyle, Sean Kelly, Daire O'Connor, Ryan Nolan, Owen McCormack, Sean Roche, Ethan O'Neill, Caelan Travers-Devlin, Ivan Meegan and about seven trialists. First half was relatively and surprisingly even with Pats having two chances, one hit the post and the other the side netting and Wexford having the ball in the net twice but both were ruled out for offside. Changes started from half-time and it allowed Pats to gain a grip on the game. First goal came on the hour mark when Gary Shaw headed home after good work down the right from Simon Madden. The other two goals came in the final ten minutes with a nice curling effort by Pats and a header with a couple of minutes to go. Wexford looked best at centre half where Owen and Daire did well, with Sean Kelly excellent in front of them and Sean Roche lively up front. 3-0 to Pats at full-time.
    I was a bit surprised at Wexford tbh I thought they looked decent in the first half particularly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I was a bit surprised at Wexford tbh I thought they looked decent in the first half particularly.
    In all honesty, Wexford fans didn't know what to expect, due to lack of information on players coming from the club (as usual). However, if the senior players talked about today, yet to link up with the squad, come through, I'll be happy enough

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Harry Kenny is getting to know the Rovers experience "off-site" as you will, before he takes over next year.
    Pats are a club that are not in my sphere one way or the other, but I'm interested to see how Madden Miele and Shaw link up. Madden & Shaw were always good lads for Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Apologises if its in the wrong thread but heres our Ins:

Aaron Dobbs Wexford
    Adam Evans Shels
    Lee Stacey Shels
    Anto Breslin Wolves
    Carlton Ubaezuonu Dundalk
    Kevin Knight Cabinteely
    Joe Manley St Pats
    Karl Fitzsimons Dundalk
    Paul OConnor Bray Wanderers

OConnor is the standout signing for us. He has gone backwards since he left Sligo for Limerick. He has being in the top flight continously since 2010 so its a serious gamble but him and our no 2 Daire Doyle played together at Drogs so hopefully move will work out for him.
    A normal mistake to make but it’s O’Conor

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Seems hard to find any word on who these trialists are for Pats. The lad that scored (quality finish too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxUdYw4rNs) apparently plays for Liffey Wanderers in the LSL but that's about the extent of the information. Be interesting to see if they'll be used to finish off the squad as there's only a couple more additions needed at most with not many known LOI players available to fill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Apologises if its in the wrong thread but heres our Ins:

Aaron Dobbs Wexford
    Adam Evans Shels
    Lee Stacey Shels
    Anto Breslin Wolves
    Carlton Ubaezuonu Dundalk
    Kevin Knight Cabinteely
    Joe Manley St Pats
    Karl Fitzsimons Dundalk
    Paul OConnor Bray Wanderers

OConnor is the standout signing for us. He has gone backwards since he left Sligo for Limerick. He has being in the top flight continously since 2010 so its a serious gamble but him and our no 2 Daire Doyle played together at Drogs so hopefully move will work out for him.
    I feel like yous have made some signings that would have had you in a great position had you managed to hold onto even a couple of the lads that have left, but as it stands it seems a bit underwhelming from the outside looking in, which is disappointing as I've always liked Longford (cup final aside, anyway). The playoffs should still be achievable though given the struggles of certain teams you'd otherwise be expecting to challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Harry Kenny is getting to know the Rovers experience "off-site" as you will, before he takes over next year.
    Pats are a club that are not in my sphere one way or the other, but I'm interested to see how Madden Miele and Shaw link up. Madden & Shaw were always good lads for Rovers.
    ??????

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Seems hard to find any word on who these trialists are for Pats. The lad that scored (quality finish too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxUdYw4rNs) apparently plays for Liffey Wanderers in the LSL but that's about the extent of the information. Be interesting to see if they'll be used to finish off the squad as there's only a couple more additions needed at most with not many known LOI players available to fill them.
    Darragh Noone who was with Bray last season was in photo on your Twitter account of your starting XI from that game

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post

I feel like yous have made some signings that would have had you in a great position had you managed to hold onto even a couple of the lads that have left, but as it stands it seems a bit underwhelming from the outside looking in, which is disappointing as I've always liked Longford (cup final aside, anyway). The playoffs should still be achievable though given the struggles of certain teams you'd otherwise be expecting to challenge.
    exactly Jack B. thats why the loss of verdon, oreilly,mcglade and kelly are massive for us. I think it will take time for us to gel but I think we will give a full battle near the end.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Darragh Noone who was with Bray last season was in photo on your Twitter account of your starting XI from that game
    Don't think he was one of the trialists and the guy in the picture is a guy from England apparently

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Also
    Friday 25th Jan Bray Wanderers v St Patrick’s Athletic, KO 7.30pm Abbotstown

Friday 8th Feb Bray Wanderers v Bohemians FC, KO 7.45pm Carlisle Grounds.
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Dundalk V Drogheda 25th Jan 7.45PM in Oriel Jim Malone Cup
    2 Games in Spain the following week at a training camp
    Dundalk V Longford 5th Feb 7.45Pm in Oriel
    Cork V Dundalk 9th Feb 5.30pm in Cork

Thats our pre-season schedule complete. Play Athlone in Leinster Senior the Monday after the first league game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford opened pre season matches with an 8-0 win over local Premier opposition Hibernian FC tonight.

Good blow out with 22 players used including 8 trialists some of whom were very impressive.

Goals from Zak Elbouzedi (2), Shane Duggan (2), JJ Lunney, Izzy Akinade, Cory Galvin and Trialist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Harps beat Galway 2-0 in Sligo tonight.

Galway were very, very poor. Harps without the likes of Cretaro, Todd, Gallagher, Timlin, Harkin, McAleer, Verdon, Place and still were comfortable.

Lot of trialists in both teams, couple of very decent players on the Harps side.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast