Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Luca Connell (D/M Barnsley b.2001)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho View Post
    His name is Luca
    He plays in the second tier
    He lives up north of Crewe
    Dual eligible? Yes, we've been here before.
    If you hear something late at night
    Some kind of Grealish, some kind of Rice,
    Just don't ask him what he wants..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I interpret that more as if a player has been stripped off his nationality due to something political.....like someone exiled from a country, or stripped of citizenship for some reason. But I'm no legal expert.
    Totally correct.... thats for war torn countries like Northern Ireland etc !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    If a Player who has been fielded by his Association in an international match in accordance with art .
    15 par. 2 permanently loses the nationality of that country without his consent or against his will
    due to a decision by a government authority, he may request permission to play for another
    Association whose nationality he already has or has acquired .
    Just to add to the above - for this section to apply, the request to change association would need to be due to an act or decision of a Government authority in country of the original association that would have removed his citizenship or nationality.

It could be war torn countries (i.e. independence movements) but it could equally be simply a change in policy of the government in a specific country. For example, if a hypothetical new government in Italy imposed a law revoking citizenship obtained by migrants that entered the country in certain years, any migrants who would otherwise be bound by the rules could apply to FIFA under this provision to change their affiliation to their country of birth (or another country that they might qualify for).

5. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    https://sportslens.com/report-totten...onnell/264416/

Will be interesting to see how the headline ages

Sorry, the headline I was referring to was in the link on reddit.
    Last edited by Closed Account; 11/05/2019 at 1:32 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Plan A check

Next they just need to get that yes man in Southgate to try manipulate Luca to switch to England...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    484 Posts
    Named in the senior squad for Denmark and Gibraltar

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    Named in the senior squad for Denmark and Gibraltar
    We will know soon enough were his loyalties are

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    he's more than good enough to play against Gibraltar. You can't argue that it's purely a call up for call up's sake considering he's playing at a higher level to Cullen and Byrne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    As Zero points out on the squad thread, Connell may yet be cut when the squad is reduced from 27 to 23 for the qualifiers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I'm sure it's probably a coincidence but unusually he signed with Adidas today. Michael Obafemi is also an Adidas player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Glad to see him called up and hopefully, this means the FAI have learned their lesson re young dual eligible players. 89 minute appearance vs Gibraltar now please.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    Glad to see him called up and hopefully, this means the FAI have learned their lesson re young dual eligible players. 89 minute appearance vs Gibraltar now please.
    Mick says he won't throw him on just to cap-tie him but is open to giving him a run-out if he "rips it up" in training camp: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...rs-925899.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Mick says he won't throw him on just to cap-tie him but is open to giving him a run-out if he "rips it up" in training camp: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...rs-925899.html
    There is absolutely no reason why Mick shouldn't cap-tie him against Gibraltar that is unless we want to end up with egg in our faces for the umpteenth time.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 22/05/2019 at 3:55 AM.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Love the sound of this guy (he says hesitantly) - https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...en-926126.html

But then Connell asserts unequivocally that should the manager choose to blood him in next month’s Euro 2020 qualifiers, he wouldn’t hesitate about playing in games which would have the effect of cementing his future as an Irish international.

“I wouldn’t hold back,” he insists. I’ve got to take any opportunity that I can. It’s a once in a lifetime thing. If you turn that down, not just the gaffer but the team wouldn’t be happy with you.

"I’d take the chance, yeah. My target is to get in the senior team, I want to crack on and hopefully I can make my debut.”

The Bolton Wanderers midfielder is not inclined to put too much store in reports that he is already being tracked by England.

“Yeah, I did see a few of the reports and got told about them but it could mean anything, couldn’t it?,” he says. “There was no direct contact. I’m happy where I am. If the gaffer wants to give me a chance, I’m more than willing to take that.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    interviewed on the FAI's social channels

As one of the replies says - could quite easily pass for Jason McAteer's son!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Those who know Connell are adamant that he’s fully committed and that’s great. However, as he says, there’s been no contact from England. There’s only one way to rule out any future contact.To not give this kid two minutes against Gibraltar would be,I would suggest,negligent.Until he’s capped, every interview he does with an Irish journo is going to be about England.Theres an argument that this approach is cynical, it is, but it’s a cynical business so let’s get it done.Theres a further argument that it cheapens the jersey, and maybe it does to some extent, but no Irish caps or jerseys have been or will be as cheapened as Rice’s three.

21. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Cap tying them is the only way to stop lads doing a Rice .

Has to be done . Ok , the lad should be told that once he is named on the subs he very well may be put on and cap tied .

The choice is then up to him . What has been going on with Rice is making a Mockery of International Football .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzer View Post
    Those who know Connell are adamant that he’s fully committed and that’s great. However, as he says, there’s been no contact from England. There’s only one way to rule out any future contact.To not give this kid two minutes against Gibraltar would be,I would suggest,negligent.Until he’s capped, every interview he does with an Irish journo is going to be about England.Theres an argument that this approach is cynical, it is, but it’s a cynical business so let’s get it done.Theres a further argument that it cheapens the jersey, and maybe it does to some extent, but no Irish caps or jerseys have been or will be as cheapened as Rice’s three.
    Beautifully put.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Cap tying them is the only way to stop lads doing a Rice .

Has to be done . Ok , the lad should be told that once he is named on the subs he very well may be put on and cap tied .

The choice is then up to him . What has been going on with Rice is making a Mockery of International Football .
    It's real simple. The ball is in Ireland's court.
    We have put ourselves and the lad himself in a position to cap him against Gibraltar and who knows maybe even get a short cameo against Denmark if things are going well?
    The way Luca will look at the first ten days in June is either positive or negative. He will think as follows:

Positive - Great, I was called up by an international manager who really rates me and he backed that up by putting me on the pitch against Gibraltar. I am looking forward to a long future in international football with Ireland.

Negative - I was called up by the Irish manager. He took me to Portugal and had a long look at me and obviously decided that he doesn't rate me all that highly. If he did he would have at least put me on the pitch against
    a team as low as Gibraltar. So it's on to the next offer for me. I am young still and who knows maybe England will be interested down the road?

25. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    All of this makes me realise how much I hate Declan Rice. This lad is obviously a cracking young player and would be on the radar of the English underage sides and his connection is the same as Rice but, my God, Rice screwed us.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast