Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Luca Connell (D/M Barnsley b.2001)

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts

Plot Thickens

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post

Plot Thickens
    It's Wikipedia, anyone can edit it, I wouldn't read anything whatsoever into it either way
    I have a head only Snow White would love

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    The guy claiming to be Luca's uncle has a history of edits to Wikipedia that includes...

Sandra Vergara (Sophia's sister), Abbeyknockmoy GAA, Goulash, Hepatitis B, Devin Toner and the Little Drummer Girl.

Wow.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    The guy claiming to be Luca's uncle has a history of edits to Wikipedia that includes...

Sandra Vergara (Sophia's sister), Abbeyknockmoy GAA, Goulash, Hepatitis B, Devin Toner and the Little Drummer Girl.

Wow.
    So he is a fruitcake

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    With a kid like this who has played a couple of first team games do ya call him up to the Ireland squad for the next qualifiers to see how he reacts? If he turns it down we wash our hands of him immediately, but if he turns up then you are getting him training with the squad early.

I cant make up my mind on whether we keep going as we are knowing we will get burned from time to time by the likes of Rice in the hopes that we get an Obafemi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    With a kid like this who has played a couple of first team games do ya call him up to the Ireland squad for the next qualifiers to see how he reacts? If he turns it down we wash our hands of him immediately, but if he turns up then you are getting him training with the squad early.

I cant make up my mind on whether we keep going as we are knowing we will get burned from time to time by the likes of Rice in the hopes that we get an Obafemi.
    I'd call him up to the senior squad and bring him on in the last minute against Gibraltar. Problem solved and issue put to bed. Obviously if he refuses the call up then we have weeded him out early enough and he should not be picked again. If these lads think they are going to use us to audition for England then think again.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 22/02/2019 at 10:38 PM.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    I'd call him up to the senior squad and bring him on in the last minute against Gibraltar. Problem solved and issue put to bed. Obviously if he refuses the call up then we have weeded him out early enough and he should not be picked again. If these lads think they are going to use us to audition for England then think again.
    Think Id probably go along with that for a select few who are very highly rated, but then you are getting into a situation where players are getting easier call ups because they are a flight risk which isnt fair on Irish born players....its a tough one.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    I said something similar here about Reece Grego-Cox a few years ago

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Starts today vs Swansea. Looks ominous however: https://www.google.com/amp/s/lionofv...al-allegiances I definitely agree in calling him up now to test his resolve, and forget about him if he refuses and concentrate on developing another young Irish player. He has played well in a number of championship games, so calling up is not completely crazy considering the potential long term gain, and also when considering the current standard of our midfield/left back areas

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Damning indictment of English football that they have to resort to taking championship players off us.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    Damning indictment of English football that they have to resort to taking championship players off us.
    His wiki page has that he wants to play for England. It was down, but now back up.

It's his age that's attracting England. He will be a prem player this time next year anyway I guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    His wiki page has that he wants to play for England. It was down, but now back up.

It's his age that's attracting England. He will be a prem player this time next year anyway I guess
    If the FAI had any foresight at all then Luca should be called into the senior squad for the Gibraltar game. We can then call his bluff.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 02/03/2019 at 3:18 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Agree - the Welsh move quickly to build their team, capping young players like Ampadu - & in the process killing any potential for the hugely damaging speculation that seems to dog the Irish set up.

Unfortunately we seem to lack the wit, intent and agility to respond - rather take a pride in the stand we are taking to make them earn their place in the team. It's like taking candy from a baby......

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I’m not going to get into the specifics but I know someone very close to that Irish team that was in the euros last summer.
    There is absolutely no doubting the allegiances of any of those kids. Trust me on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    That’s good to hear Kingdom, some talented players in there.I’d be inclined to agree though that the Gibraltar game is the ideal opportunity to solve a few future problems.Five minutes at the end of the game and we can enjoy the likes of Connell develop into a premier league player. It’s a cynical approach but we have to be a little tougher when these kids are being advised by cynical people.If a player refuses a senior competitive cap then he should not be taking the place of a committed player in our underage squads.We really do have to learn from the six month circus that Rice put us through.
    Le monde est a nous

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I’m not going to get into the specifics but I know someone very close to that Irish team that was in the euros last summer.
    There is absolutely no doubting the allegiances of any of those kids. Trust me on that.
    Including Luca? I'm not sure what you are getting at? Can u clarify

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Not meaning to pry too much but there were very few English-born lads in that squad. Could you specifically state there is no doubting the allegiane of any of the non-Irish born kids?

What is his connection does anyone know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Not doubting it. However, as these English born lads get a little older and England come calling and a real decision has to be made, then I presume the strength of their allegiance to us really becomes tested. Declan Rice & Jack Grealish have been clear examples of that.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 03/03/2019 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    485 Posts
    Does anyone know if we were selected to send a team to Toulon in the summer? Or how likely it is we will be selected? I know Kenny mentioned trying to enter it. Potentially Connell could be part of a very competitive squad.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    This article from Feb 14th suggests we may have been successful

http://www.echo.ie/sport/article/i-t...-players-kenny

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast