Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Celtic/Shamrock Rovers deal.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Wait so there was a takeover to some extent. The 50% or whatever wasnt totally based on the loan and would be returned when it was paid. Wilson bought out a 25% stake and could keep it unless he sold on those shares eg back to the members? That's varies quite a bit to what some have argued to be the arrangement on here in the past and quite adamantly too - that when the loan was repayed the club would remain or return to a fully fan owned club!!?
    The terms are what was reported at the time. The loan brought his shareholding to 50%, half of which will be returned when the loan is repaid. The rest, I can only presume as I'm not privvy to he details, will act the same way his original shareholding and dilute over time. I don't think any of this was a secret.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I'm not saying it was a secret, just that I though that it was a 50/50 split rather than what is/will be a 75/25. That makes it clearer for me in terms of Rovers fans not being concerned with having 1 person able to veto the members which obviously wouldnt be the case with a 75/25 agreement. I'm on nights at work and its quiet so why Im up in the middle of the night whats your excuse Charlie lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    When the loan is paid back he go's to 25% straight away and is diluted to zero over time by members , s same as last time.
    I'd be in favour of a guy like Desmond coming in but only if the members keep control of the board/club.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    This could be a great opportunity for Rovers to become Dublins number one club or even become one of the top three nationally

The real sport here will be watching Rovers fans lose their merde and choke over the possibility of losing control to an investor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    When the loan is paid back he go's to 25% straight away and is diluted to zero over time by members , s same as last time.
    I'd be in favour of a guy like Desmond coming in but only if the members keep control of the board/club.
    The question remains why would Desmond invest and what is his payback ? To be fair Wilson has invested because he is a genuine fan, that is not the case with DD. Unless DD onlygets Wilson’s shares (or options) it immediately dilutes-the share holding of the members and once you go below 50% you have lost control.
    Will be interesting to see how it plays out, good to see someone of that caliber show an interest in Irish football for a change. Given shams short lived membership model I doubt they will be too aggrieved if they sell out (perhaps even a tour advising other clubs on “abandoning the fan owned model” &#128513.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    This could be a great opportunity for Rovers to become Dublins number one club or even become one of the top three nationally

The real sport here will be watching Rovers fans lose their merde and choke over the possibility of losing control to an investor.
    E for effort. Must try harder.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Anybody in anyway surprised at the poster that posted the news?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Yep, let's target the messenger.!!!
    Clearly a positive move from a public perspective that some monied individual is "investing in LOI.If the investment involves first cheap dibs on the young talent pool from Roadstone, it would be good biz for MrD.
    Every club has to survive and thrive in it's own way but am surprised that the member owned model does not seem to have been accepted as a long term model for Rovers.
    2 leagues , euro qualification, shiny stadium , decent crowds, why is that not good enough?
    Or is this kite flying by the media?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Anybody in anyway surprised at the poster that posted the news?
    Who me dear? I know you dont mean me.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Who me dear? I know you dont mean me.

I wouldn't dare of it Toberona.

The scenario the independent are suggesting seems the most likely if anything does happen in that for 3 million Desmond gets 25%, Wilson gets upto 25%, and members get the rest. I'd presume Wilson would get some to all of his loan back and his 25% would slowly shrink as with his previous deal, leaving 1.5 million for investment and 1.5 for Wilson to choose to invest or not. I wouldn't be overly against this but I'd need to hear specifics before I could say I'm for it.

All that said as I said until there's a vote called as far as I'm concerned its all just rumours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    I wouldn't dare of it Toberona.

The scenario the independent are suggesting seems the most likely if anything does happen in that for 3 million Desmond gets 25%, Wilson gets upto 25%, and members get the rest. I'd presume Wilson would get some to all of his loan back and his 25% would slowly shrink as with his previous deal, leaving 1.5 million for investment and 1.5 for Wilson to choose to invest or not. I wouldn't be overly against this but I'd need to hear specifics before I could say I'm for it.

All that said as I said until there's a vote called as far as I'm concerned its all just rumours.
    Wilson got 50% for 1.5 million so why would Desmond pay 3 million for 25% ? Doesn’t make sense, if anything Wilson might have overpaid, given his support/relationship with Shams.
    Is SRFC now worth 12 million euro ? Based on what ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Wilson got 50% for 1.5 million so why would Desmond pay 3 million for 25% ? Doesn’t make sense, if anything Wilson might have overpaid, given his support/relationship with Shams.
    Just a small but important clarification - Ray Wilson and his associates doesn’t own 50%- he lent the club €1.5m repayable in approx 8 years from now . In the event it isn’t repaid then he will have 50% ownership in lieu of the €1.5m

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    So if Desmond invests then rovers could repay Wilson and club finishes up at 75 members and 25 Desmond..
    Makes sense why would the members sell 25percent to Wilson for less then Desmond would pay.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    As Calcio said Wilson didn't pay 1.5 million for 50%. Investing money in a club and getting shares as a sort of collateral is very different to buying shares in a club.

Wilson is also a lot more likely to get favourable rates to someone else as there's no risk with him compared to an outsider.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Just a small but important clarification - Ray Wilson and his associates doesn’t own 50%- he lent the club €1.5m repayable in approx 8 years from now . In the event it isn’t repaid then he will have 50% ownership in lieu of the €1.5m
    Thank you1 I asked the question on whether the share were transferred to be returned when the loan is repayed or was it that the 50% would move in to Wilson ownership if repayment wasnt made. 2 very different and very relevant scenarios.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I don't know but if he is paid back the shares either transfer back if they were transferred to him or he doesn't get them as he has been repaid. Either way if he is paid back he doesn't get the shares to keep

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Well strictly speaking he paid nothing, ie waived interest on a 1.5m loan, for something like 18%. The club now has a development in Roadstone that has presumably added to the club's book value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Thank you1 I asked the question on whether the share were transferred to be returned when the loan is repayed or was it that the 50% would move in to Wilson ownership if repayment wasnt made. 2 very different and very relevant scenarios.
    Wilson lent us €1.5m and he has a lien on 50% of the shares - we fully pay back the loan as per its terms and that’s that.

If we don’t repay the loan then 50% of the shares will transfer to RW

So RWs’s loan interest free was extremely benevolent - because let’s face it if we can’t repay it then most likely he’s only getting 50% of nothing.

So if DD is intending investing €3m he will want a return ( for something as speculative as this he’d expect a min of 20%pa). On the basis that he’s got an incredible positive track record Rovers would have to deliver a serious amount of success in Europe or find 3/4 or so players per year to sell on to overseas clubs- which would mean us returning as usual to our historical natural position as Ireland’s leading club -

Could be exciting times ahead- but as yet nothing agreed .
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 03/03/2019 at 9:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Wilson lent us €1.5m and he has a lien on 50% of the shares - we fully pay back the loan as per its terms and that’s that.

If we don’t repay the loan then 50% of the shares will transfer to RW

So RWs’s loan interest free was extremely benevolent - because let’s face it if we can’t repay it then most likely he’s only getting 50% of nothing.

So if DD is intending investing €3m he will want a return ( for something as speculative as this he’d expect a min of 20%pa). On the basis that he’s got an incredible positive track record Rovers would have to deliver a serious amount of success in Europe or find 3/4 or so players per year to sell on to overseas clubs- which would mean us returning as usual to our historical natural position as Ireland’s leading club -

Could be exciting times ahead- but as yet nothing agreed .
    Or, like so many other clubs (like the former SRFC) crash and burn.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    which would mean us returning as usual to our historical natural position as Ireland’s leading club -
    I have read about this in the history books, but it's not something that has been the case over my lifetime.

Rovers would even struggle with the claim to be the most successful Dublin club over the last 30 years, with only 3 league titles in that period.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast