Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 110 of 110

Thread: Leinster Senior Cup 2018/19

  1. #101
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,691
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,014
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Agree 100%
    Cabo are in the quarter final and are up for it big time , for intermediate sides its huge and for clubs that are not going to be winning the main cups it is a chance of silverware.
    Winning the LSC was a springboard for Shels recently,
    Was the LSC the last cup that Shamrock Rovers won back in 2013?

  2. #102
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,351
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    337
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    593
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Was the LSC the last cup that Shamrock Rovers won back in 2013?
    Yea, it was the springboard for em......😁

  3. #103
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,828
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    333
    Thanked in
    243 Posts
    I suspect your not interested in debating the LSC but my point was that for smaller clubs (cabo) or big clubs who are on a downer (Shels) the LSC is a worthwhile cup that can invigorate fans either new ones or older ones who have fallen away in the lean years.

    The lack of respect shown to the cup by the bigger clubs is terrible and some of the ideas suggested by other posters here should be taken up.
    Play it in Jan/Feb as a preseason tournament at the point when the LOI clubs get involved is the best suggestion i've seen
    In pre season even the bigger clubs routinely play matches against non league clubs so make it the LSC and give the comp a chance

  4. #104
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,171
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,326
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,596
    Thanked in
    1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Outrageous comment. It's around since 1892 and is of greater importance to Intermediate sides than it is clubs in the League.
    It's also not obligatory to enter.
    Who cares how long it's been going around for? It's an appallingly-run tournament treated with disdain even by the LFA going by their organisation and promotion of it, and scrapping it is quite probably the best thing for it.

    It was gone from 2000 to 2010 and nobody missed it.

  5. Thanks From:


  6. #105
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,691
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,014
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I suspect your not interested in debating the LSC but my point was that for smaller clubs (cabo) or big clubs who are on a downer (Shels) the LSC is a worthwhile cup that can invigorate fans either new ones or older ones who have fallen away in the lean years.

    The lack of respect shown to the cup by the bigger clubs is terrible and some of the ideas suggested by other posters here should be taken up.
    Play it in Jan/Feb as a preseason tournament at the point when the LOI clubs get involved is the best suggestion i've seen
    In pre season even the bigger clubs routinely play matches against non league clubs so make it the LSC and give the comp a chance
    I would suggest to you that the lack of respect is reciprocal. The attitude by clubs large and small directly correlates to the appalling scheduling, promotion and antipathy shown by the organisers.

    It is hard to find too many positives about this competition, except that the trophy is a beauty

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #106
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,471
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    845
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    686
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I would suggest to you that the lack of respect is reciprocal. The attitude by clubs large and small directly correlates to the appalling scheduling, promotion and antipathy shown by the organisers.

    It is hard to find too many positives about this competition, except that the trophy is a beauty
    It certainly is and a shame that it's wasted. It is an important enough piece that it should be in a showcase in the Aviva or the like and not rattling around some dusty old cupboard. It's worth more than all the other trophies in senior football in this country combined and it will go missing altogether one day - should be acquired to be presented as the League Cup or Presidents Trophy as it is a rarity for to be the same actual cup from first presented and in such good nick after 127 years. Outside of the UK it could be the oldest trophy in football still presented in the world!? Including the UK its 4th or 5th. But that's just the trophy as the competition is a mess. Nice to add to a seasons collection, handy to get youth and reserve players game time if ye progress in it. Wouldnt have said no to winning it mid 2000s!! Preseason, U19/reserve competition, promote to non-league clubs as a day out v senior clubs with non-league clubs keeping the gate...how hard can it be to schedule football matches sensibly??

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #107
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    714
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    60
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Playing Cabinteely away at 3:30. The atmosphere should be electric.

  11. #108
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    714
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    60
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    A scintillating game in Stradbrook that had it all and was nip and tuck right until the end. It was played in fantastic conditions.
    The complete opposite of the above is true, anyway we won one nil and roll on to glory.

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #109
    Coach Poor Student's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    7,922
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Does anyone know what the quarter final brackets actually are? We know UCD v Crumlin still has to be played from the 4th round. There should be brackets for 3 other ties involving - UCD/Crumlin, Athlone, Bohs, Killester Utd, Sheriff YC and North End United.

  14. #110
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    714
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    60
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    Does anyone know what the quarter final brackets actually are? We know UCD v Crumlin still has to be played from the 4th round. There should be brackets for 3 other ties involving - UCD/Crumlin, Athlone, Bohs, Killester Utd, Sheriff YC and North End United.
    I heard Bohs are playing North End, Crumlin/UCD v Athlone & Sheriff V Killester Donnycarney.

  15. Thanks From:


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Leinster Senior League Forum
    By drummerboy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13/01/2011, 7:57 PM
  2. Leinster Senior League - Premier Sunday
    By stojkovic in forum Junior League
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08/04/2008, 10:25 PM
  3. Leinster Rugby.
    By jorge in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03/07/2005, 10:39 PM
  4. Leinster Senior Cup - Rugby
    By Roo69 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03/02/2005, 9:39 AM
  5. What's the story with the Leinster Senior Cup?
    By Poor Student in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22/10/2004, 3:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •