Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 UEFA European Under-21 Championships

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Anyone know when squad will be announced?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Anyone know when squad will be announced?
    Questioned and answered

That is some forward selection
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Amazingly talented squad. Selection as expected. Personally I would have Barrett and Connell (if fit) ahead of Taylor and Elbouzedi. It’s going to be a great occasion

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Leahy(injured) will be a loss, I've been impressed by him every time I've watched him.

Will Ledwidge(18) go straight in or switch Lee O'Connor go to left back?

Interesting Ledwidge jumped ahead of Tyreke Wilson

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Will Ledwidge(18) go straight in or switch Lee O'Connor go to left back?

Interesting Ledwidge jumped ahead of Tyreke Wilson
    Kenny really feels RB is O’Connors best position. Can’t see him putting O’Connor in LB and brining Danny McNamara in RB. I think he’ll play a natural LB in Ledwidge. I’m looking forward to seeing Ledwidge. He has played 6 times for Southampton PL2 team this year and is still only 18. I was impressed with some of the things he did in Armenia, but not with other things including his distribution. Wilson is 20 this year, has only appeared twice for Man City PL2 side this year (and was subbed in 1), in his 3rd year at this level. Looks to be out of favor. I like Kenny’s choice.
    Last edited by tommy_c12000; 02/10/2019 at 2:43 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    533 Posts
    Wilson really struggled in the one game he played at Toulon. Maybe he's not yet himself after two serious injuries. Hasn't played much for Man City U23s this season.

At left back, I believe McNamara can play there along with right back. Don't really see the point of moving Lee O'Connor across, just creates another hole on the right.

Trev Clarke is still injured, he was set to play against Luxembourg ahead of Leahy but suffered a minor injury during shooting practice the day before the game and then he's missed the last two squads with a knee injury. Surprised that someone like Thomas O'Connor wasn't called up. He's been playing week in, week out for Gillingham. He's 20 and probably a little ahead of Ledwidge at this stage. A good, tidy versatile footballer... Saying that Ledwidge handled himself well in Armenia

Josh Barrett probably the only lad who has a right to feel disappointed

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Surprised that someone like Thomas O'Connor wasn't called up. He's been playing week in, week out for Gillingham. He's 20 and probably a little ahead of Ledwidge at this stage. A good, tidy versatile footballer... Saying that Ledwidge handled himself well in Armenia
    Completely forgot about O’Connor, he should be the obvious choice considering he’s playing regular LB football at league one level

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Interview with Kenny https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=_kob5IgWUEg

Discusses recent health scare, the return of Ronan, the big task ahead against an excellent Italy side and a good Iceland side, and comments on the sold out stadium for the Italy game

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Molumby starts for Millwall vs Collins’ Luton town. Great to see. Knight on bench again, hopefully will see some more game time. Masterson on bench, however, Grant Hall isn’t even in squad, so not sure what their plan is, Ball may be the 3rd central defender or else they’re reverting to 442. Manning at left back/wing back

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    824 Posts
    A front 3 of Parrott, Connolly and Obafemi with Ronan playing in behind is top quality. Hopefully everyone stays fit and there are no withdrawals. Obafemi in particular is someone Id be very excited to see at this level.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looking for 1 adult and 2 children tickets for next Thurs U21 v Italy. My grandchildren will be very dissappointed if I cant bring them. Anyone unable to use their tickets ? Many thanks.......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Another full 90 minutes for Ronan today in a good 2-1 away win for FC DAC 1904 https://www.dac1904.sk/sk/clanek.asp...C-1-2-0-1-4521

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    A front 3 of Parrott, Connolly and Obafemi with Ronan playing in behind is top quality. Hopefully everyone stays fit and there are no withdrawals. Obafemi in particular is someone Id be very excited to see at this level.
    Looks like you'll have to substitute the name of Adam Idah for Connolly at this point. Aaron has been called into the senior squad. Delighted for him getting the two goals today and he looks like a real prospect, but if I'm honest I have mixed feelings about him missing these two very important games for the U-21's. I was hoping Stephen Kenny's team would be kept together as much as possible but it looks like it won't happen. Don't see Connolly playing in either game for the seniors to be honest.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Hopefully barrett gets called in to 21s now

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    707 Posts
    I think after McCarthys previous comments about not calling up under 21 players he wasn't going to play, he would get hammered now if he didn't play Connolly having called him up. He doesn't necessarily need to start him, but given our lack of quality options off the bench he would surely want to bring him on at around the hour mark in his current form.

Would like to see Scully get an under 21 call up now.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    If McGoldrick is fit then McClean left back and Connolly wide left forward would be so good to see. Unlikely though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    If McGoldrick is fit then McClean left back and Connolly wide left forward would be so good to see. Unlikely though.
    What about O'Dowda on the left wing. He's going to feel mighty aggrieved if Connolly starts ahead of him. Also Scott Hogan will revaluate his worth to the team if he loses out to Connolly. Very unlike Mick to leap frog established players

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    What about O'Dowda on the left wing. He's going to feel mighty aggrieved if Connolly starts ahead of him. Also Scott Hogan will revaluate his worth to the team if he loses out to Connolly. Very unlike Mick to leap frog established players
    Is this the same O''Dowda that has been out of the Bristol City team for much of this season and has never played a PL game? Let him feel aggrieved. Might aggrieved if he wants.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    O dowda got 80 minutes yesterday so good to see him getting football but I agree he is in no position and has certainly not done enough yet for is or in his career to be feeling aggrieved

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    It says a bit about our options if Hogan and O'Dowda are "established" players who can feel "aggrieved."

I think O'Dowda will come good. I can't see Hogan getting an important goal for us any time soon but he might get lucky.

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast