Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cork Aul Div 1,2 &3.

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Cork Aul Div 1,2 &3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Spot on bud and if you care enough to post about the aul then you must rate the honours to have s good season .you opinion is on last seasons city wonders was appreciated.
    winning a league 1 medal with a squad thats good enough to play in the higher divisions isent much of an achievement is it !!
    only medals that count in the aul are premier leagues, aoh's and mossie's , the rest arent worth a w**k

  2. #2
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    65
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Press View Post
    winning a league 1 medal with a squad thats good enough to play in the higher divisions isent much of an achievement is it !!
    only medals that count in the aul are premier leagues, aoh's and mossie's , the rest arent worth a w**k
    Totally agree with you in a way

  3. #3
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    97
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Spot on bud and if you care enough to post about the aul then you must rate the honours to have s good season .you opinion is on last seasons city wonders was appreciated.
    I`ve watched them play twice this season so far which is probably 1 more than you. i didn`t know they parted ways with sober lane is all. i personally hope they stuff the Glen(who are insufferable pr*cks) in all 3 games this season and win the league. Thanks for your advice regarding honours etc your input is greatly appreciated.

  4. #4
    FORMERLY: Donnie Darko
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    216
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    34
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Press View Post
    winning a league 1 medal with a squad thats good enough to play in the higher divisions isent much of an achievement is it !!
    only medals that count in the aul are premier leagues, aoh's and mossie's , the rest arent worth a w**k
    That is a very unfair view on it to be honest. While I agree the best players should be competing for the best trophies that doesn't necessarily always work out. For example lads might be playing with their friends or whatever and that club can be in League 2 / 3 or whatever. They have a great season and win the league, are you telling me that doesn't matter? I would argue that it 100% means a lot to those players and it shouldn't be knocked if they do win it. Having a team that is "better" than the league they are in is down to a few things. It could be about a club not having the right mix of players and a manager who doesn't attract / know said players. Then a new manager comes in with new ideas, lads see this or know him and want to join and then that said club becomes successful - you cannot then say that club doesn't deserve to win or the achievement should be belittled.

  5. #5
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas3Formation View Post
    I`ve watched them play twice this season so far which is probably 1 more than you. i didn`t know they parted ways with sober lane is all. i personally hope they stuff the Glen(who are insufferable pr*cks) in all 3 games this season and win the league. Thanks for your advice regarding honours etc your input is greatly appreciated.
    So these insufferable pr**ks seem to be doing alright since your comment buddy , bombing city wond out of it and blowing the so called best team in cork out of it up in knocka , it’s fair to say there having a great laugh of your post up in the glen

  6. #6
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    65
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    So these insufferable pr**ks seem to be doing alright since your comment buddy , bombing city wond out of it and blowing the so called best team in cork out of it up in knocka , it’s fair to say there having a great laugh of your post up in the glen
    I can assure you no one in the Glen thinks or talks like that and they have huge respect for both those clubs.

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    I can assure you no one in the Glen thinks or talks like that and they have huge respect for both those clubs.

    Have no doubt they are good lads up there , I’m simply referring back to when Xmas referred to them as “insufferable pri*cks” his words exactly, he also was hoping that city would stuff them , as a spectator of a lot of north side junior football I found that type of spite against a team laughable when I watched them stuff both city wanderers and the best team in cork supposedly Knocknaheeny Celtic ... it’s fair to say the glen are now corks top team , I look forward to watching them again , some excellent football always .

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13/12/2012, 1:08 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20/10/2001, 6:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •