Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Potential Dundalk Manager

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I'm sure I can't be alone in suspecting that Ez's contribution here would have been very different if it was Bradley talking, not Perth.
    For once I agree 100% with you

If Bradley was saying something like this

"What he brought to me helped me be a brilliant coach. I believe we were a very good team together.

I would be doubled up with the laughter.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Dundalk fans aren't going to like this, one in particular, and maybe some Rovers fans won't either but I can see a lot of similarities between Perth and year one Bradley. Both coaches (note not managers) thrown in at the deep end in terms of managerial jobs, both saying stuff that when in context isn't actually too bad but when you selectively pick out quotes look really cocky and arrogant, both start with clear ideas about how they want to play but needing to learn the game and player management side of things. So there's a lot of similarities there and I don't think people can really argue that Bradley hasn't improved in his game and player management (latter probably being a strong point just now) and in giving less quotes that could be used against him, it remains to be seen how quickly and well Perth can pick those things up.
    I personally prefer that coaches speak like this, much more insightful and entertaining than the cliche bingo you get once managers cop on to the stick they get from the sad *******s who bookmark quotes to bring up months later and analyse every word to see how they can manipulate it to take it out of context so they can use it as a stick to beat the managers with so the managers just become bland media trained robots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    For once I agree 100% with you

If Bradley was saying something like this

"What he brought to me helped me be a brilliant coach. I believe we were a very good team together.

I would be doubled up with the laughter.
    Lol I'm doubled up with laughter at your annoyance at vinny ability being questioned.

Pity king Kenny doesn't agree with you that he is any good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    4 Rovers replies in 13 minutes, you boys are eager. Just keep telling yourselves your happy with 2nd and closing the gap, you might start believing it.

Big money being spent and no trophies to show for it.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Lol big money, we are paupers trying to run a proper academy. 4th biggest budget
    Sensitive about poor vinnie you boys, imagine if we went on as much as EZ .
    Peak 6 won't wait long.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    It's not the same thing though. Bradley has spent a lot of money at Rovers and achieved nothing. He has nothing to brag about. Budget up again this year, league or bust for him.

Perth has been an important part of the most successful LOI team ever. Confidence and belief is what got this team where they are. Perth as part of this setup from the beginning has that, don't misinterpret it like most have
    Stephen Kenny was a very successful manager long before Perth came on the scene. It's not clear at all what Perth has added to things which justify thoughts of being the senior national manager. I don't doubt that he's a decent coach, and the idea of an untried coach following his manager into the dugout is certainly far from unusual (UCD's last three managers were their predecessor's assistants).

But I stand by the suggestion that Dundalk fans' treatment of Perth's statement is very different to how they'd treat something similar from Rovers

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Stephen Kenny was a very successful manager long before Perth came on the scene. It's not clear at all what Perth has added to things which justify thoughts of being the senior national manager.
    I have to hand it to you - your posts are increasingly desperate with inventing things, even if there is a touch of (unintended) humour

Where did you get the notion that VP thinks he has the track record to be the senior national manager?

But I stand by the suggestion that Dundalk fans' treatment of Perth's statement is very different to how they'd treat something similar from Rovers
    .......and so you should. I have already agreed with you and I don't see anyone contradicting you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Stu is right you twist every word that bradser ever said to a degree that bores everyone.
    And vinnie did say when Kenny was being talked about as being the Ireland manager he thought of himself as being the next one...lol

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Think you need to try Specsavers, not my post.

Don't be getting offended at me over vinnie getting ditched, it was Kenny who dumped him.
    Your exact words “He said words to the effect of "without me Stephen Kenny would not have been successful".

He never said any such thing

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Your exact words “He said words to the effect of "without me Stephen Kenny would not have been successful".

Neither did sbgawa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post

Lol you do realise people can go back a few pages and read what was said ??

Maybe it's not Specsavers you need ,it's remedial English reading classes

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    None of us would ever go back and have to read anything again if we had someone of Perth's incredible abilities assisting us.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I'm worried about the under 21's tommorow.
    How will Kenny manage?
    What if he has a backache and can't pick up the cones, where is vinnie when he needs him most

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Must’ve carried some amount of cones. It’s funny that it was Kenny who got Perth to go full time with Dundalk and give up his job last year. But you’re right, he didn’t rate him.
    I'd imagine the only reason Perth wasn't brought into the U21 fold is because the FAI wouldn't pay to get him out of his contract and they probably wanted to put Jim Crawford and Keith Andrews in anyway. I wouldn't be surprised in any way if Stephen brings in Vinny when he takes over the national side, but again the association might have their own people they want to impose.

There's also the possibility that Stephen wants to see his friend succeed as a head coach so decided not to put him in that position, but based on Perth's comments I'd say it's the FAI meddling and not allowing their U21 coach to pick his own staff.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I only read the independent article that summarised his quotes because I have little to no interest in hearing him talk about how great he is but one thing stood out for me. I may have gotten it out of context so apologies if thats the case.
    He mentioned that he "would have the same ambitions" as Stephen Kenny. Great. What are you doing about that? Why didn't you apply for a Pro License in the past?
    Maybe he did. It's expensive and, from what I know, the FAI want assurances a LOI coach has a job lined up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    I have to say I thought VP came across ok in that interview, seemed quite relaxed, he did talk himself up a bit mind! I get the point if this had been Bradley though, and a reaction from DFC fans.

Anyone can talk all they want about it, but at the end of they day VP will be judged on primarily one thing really, if he can retain the league, (europe also) but not winning the league this year will obviousy not be a good start for him.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    "Stephen Kenny?

I made Stephen Kenny."

Attached Images Attached Images
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'm worried about the under 21's tommorow.
    How will Kenny manage?
    What if he has a backache and can't pick up the cones, where is vinnie when he needs him most
    Off to a very poor start already without a ball being kicked as he hasn’t named Trevor Clarke in the starting line up .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Leheys been caught a couple of times already, Clarke should be on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Good finish by Idah. Needed that goal, Luxemburg were com ijng him to it.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast