Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Dundalk Manager

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    If this is suggesting loan deals, then the same current rules would apply, no short term deal would be permitted by the FAI and only players arriving in the transfer window could move to an Irish club, similar to say what Waterford have been doing recently.

This would mean a player having to be properly registered for a period from start of our season up to end of 30th June I think, or from after this period to the end of our season.

Technically a player in this instance could transfer from Bournemouth to Dundalk in January, but they would need to stay until 30 June, or until end of the season, if it was the latter, they would probably be ruled out of playing in UK until 1st Jan of the following year.
    Last edited by oriel; 04/01/2019 at 4:20 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I get what you are saying Oriel however, the player out on loan would still be owned by Bournemouth and they could sell that player to a foreign club without the player ever having to rejoin Bournemouth. Is this correct?

I don't know how the wages aspect of this would work but it would be interesting to investigate if the two 'Red Bull' teams ever worked a deal like this.
    Last edited by Scrufil; 04/01/2019 at 4:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    They probably could sell on the player as he would still be on loan, but I`d imagine any moving over would still have to stick to the loan periods of full season, or to 1st July or whatever it is, and / or end season if they arrived in the summer.

Cant imagine any issue if they were to be sold during their loan period as they would still be a Bournemouth player in this instance.
    Last edited by oriel; 04/01/2019 at 5:48 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Dundalks athletic therapist has left the club. Think the decision was made a while ago just announced now so you'd think a replacement is lined up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Dundalks athletic therapist has left the club. Think the decision was made a while ago just announced now so you'd think a replacement is lined up
    David Murphy, who has worked at Reading and Colchester, has been brought in by Dundalk to work alongside Danny Miller in the physio department following Sam Rice's departure.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Typical Vinny Perth style of saying it as he sees it

Dundalk boss Vinny Perth 'disappointed' that he wasn't part of Stephen Kenny's Ireland plans

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-37940407.html

Off The Ball
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dG7...ature=youtu.be

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I happened to catch a few minutes of the interview on offtheball, and one word summed the interview up for me.
    Delusional.
    I've no doubt that Dundalk will win the league, as they have bought their success with a number of top quality players, but Perth will not be the decisive factor, in my opinion.
    If anything it will be success despite him.
    Thats just my honest opinion, I'm not trying to wind up anyone or wum(?)

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I happened to catch a few minutes of the interview on offtheball, and one word summed the interview up for me.
    Delusional.
    I've no doubt that Dundalk will win the league, as they have bought their success with a number of top quality players, but Perth will not be the decisive factor, in my opinion.
    In the event Dundalk don't win the League, Perth will, without doubt, get a huge amount of blame (undoing all Sk's good work etc. etc.) so its a bit much to deny him any credit if they do win it. I don't believe any success is solely down to him, far from it, but to suggest they would win it despite him is ludicrous.

I can only imagine the reaction of some on here if someone (hello Ez ) suggested any shams success was despite Bradser's 'inspired' coaching not because of it.As for 'buying success' (Hello Mr kettle....)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    In the event Dundalk don't win the League, Perth will, without doubt, get a huge amount of blame (undoing all Sk's good work etc. etc.) so its a bit much to deny him any credit if they do win it. I don't believe any success is solely down to him, far from it, but to suggest they would win it despite him is ludicrous.

I can only imagine the reaction of some on here if someone (hello Ez ) suggested any shams success was despite Bradser's 'inspired' coaching not because of it.As for 'buying success' (Hello Mr kettle....)
    I can only imagine the reaction of one on here if Bradley made the sort of comments that Perth gave in that interview..... I’d being curious as to why Gill was the spokesperson wheeled out on Soccer Republic ..... now I understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Perth's really does love himself

"What Stephen Kenny brought to me helped me to be a brilliant coach".

"When there was talk of Stephen getting the Ireland Managers job, i dreamed of being the next " LOL from a guy not even qualified to be the Manager of Dundalk without Gill stepping in.

If Stephen Kenny decided he didn't want VP on his backroom team i don't think he shared VP's opinion of himself, the excuse about the cost of buying him out of his contract is a fig leaf, buttons by FAI standards and given the pressure they were under at the time to get Kenny to accept the role they would have paid it if asked.
    Considering how long Peak 6 spent looking for options i think they agreed with Kenny
    Last edited by sbgawa; 22/03/2019 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    I can only imagine the reaction of one on here if Bradley made the sort of comments that Perth gave in that interview..... I’d being curious as to why Gill was the spokesperson wheeled out on Soccer Republic ..... now I understand
    What do you imagine it would be.
    Quote the main points.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I'll just make one last comment on this discussion about perth.
    He said words to the effect of "without me Stephen Kenny would not have been successful".
    Fair balls to the guy for having confidence in himself and all , but what he knows about club management you could fit on a seagull's shirt button.

I'll reiterate, so the dundalk kacks get all in a tangle, dundalk have a great squad and are primed for success, but this guys bull$hit needs to be called out for what it is

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    That's.. that's quite a read. Always good to see a guy being completely honest, even if he would have been better advised to keep a lot of that to himself.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If Stephen Kenny decided he didn't want VP on his backroom team i don't think he shared VP's opinion of himself, the excuse about the cost of buying him out of his contract is a fig leaf, buttons by FAI standards and given the pressure they were under at the time to get Kenny to accept the role they would have paid it if asked.
    The FAI wouldn’t even pay Dundalk what was due for Kenny breaking his contract so it’s seens very plausible to me that they wouldn’t pay for his assistant. Considering all Kenny’s coaches in the u21s were either employed by the FAI already or not coaching then it’s seems a valid point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    OMG! ... Who does this guy think he is?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Vinny Perth: Definitely not bitter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    That's.. that's quite a read. Always good to see a guy being completely honest, even if he would have been better advised to keep a lot of that to himself.
    Certainly, emm, 'confident' in his own ability for someone taking on such a mammoth task (Dundalk FC) it probably would have been smarter to keep his powder dry until he had achieved something in his own right. Deserved the chance to take over at Dundalk in my opinion, but way too early to have any sort of claim on anything else.
    Need to see if he can live up to those type of claims.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post

That's a very far fetched hypothetical question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Delusional.
    Vinny Perth saying he will be the decisive factor in Dundalk winning the league this season!
    Is that really what you took from the few minutes you heard?

It's not even decent summing on your part

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    * wumming.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast