Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Dundalk Manager

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If the decision was to give perth the job they could have announced it already (with someone else ticking the badges box) . They must be considering alternatives.
    Personally I hope they appoint perth and give him a crack at it
    What annouce Perth is in charge along with a potential DOA/Head Coach/Manager

It will be announced when its announced.

Peak 6 know what they are at. 2 new signings expected this week too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Actually tghey could be looking at a director football as well as a manager structure. They'll announce when they are ready I suppose. The signings will be interesting, you'd imagine they will be coming from outside Ireland as most of last year's best players are signed up already and DFC aren't going to be signing journeyman pros from Ireland.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Perth said there'll be 2 or 3 coming in, Aaron McCarey being one to replace Gabby Sava is well known at this stage, interesting to see who the others will be given the splurge going on at Tallaght to sign every centre mid imaginable and us having a settled squad for the first close season in a few years, that's for the transfers thread though!

By all accounts it'll be Perth as Head Coach with a box ticker in as either Assistant Manager alongside Ruairi Higgins or as Director of Football, more likely the former though as having a pro licence DOF won't cover the manager /head coach from what I've heard.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    VP And John gill as DOF to be announced by Dundalk tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundalk daz View Post
    VP And John gill as DOF to be announced by Dundalk tomorrow.
    Santa arrives early - can’t wait to see how this tunes out if true

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Big shoes for Perth to fill indeed. Will he sink or swim it's hard to know yet.
    As for Gill.. I have visions of the dundalk players doing their best Conor McGregor impression" who the f** is that guy"!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Big shoes for Perth to fill indeed. Will he sink or swim it's hard to know yet.
    As for Gill.. I have visions of the dundalk players doing their best Conor McGregor impression" who the f** is that guy"!?
    Giller well thought of by many at El Paso from his stint there as manager. I seem to recall he was denied promotion as manager due to the changed licensing criteria by the FAI (followed by the infamous maxi 'intervention'). Also (probably more significantly) he is fully badged up coaching wise.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 14/12/2018 at 11:11 AM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Vinny Perth is the main man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Happy for Perth to get a shot at it, deserves a chance after giving up his full time job to go full time as Assistant manager,
    I'm surprised Peak 6 did'nt go for a guy with outside league experience as DOF rather than just a box ticking exercise but overall good news for DFC , stability etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    For continuity purposes, I`m happy with VP, knows the set up inside out and the players and has been there with Kenny since start of 2013.

When SK left I was thinking P6 might put in a big name and from aboard, then I thought about it, not sure that would have been the best idea, need someone who knows the game in Ireland.

Gill is a surprise to see him involved, I think they would be taking him in for his badges, with VP being the main man. I would have been worried if players had not been signed up, but all 14 who featured in the cup final are onboard for 2019 and a lot until 2020 including Duffy, McEleney and Gannon.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Santa arrives early - can’t wait to see how this tunes out if true
    Too many chiefs in that Dundalk set up , Rovers odds on to win the league.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    No stadium progress at all and taking the cheap option on the manager front. Peak 6 investment going brilliantly I see.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    No stadium progress at all and taking the cheap option on the manager front. Peak 6 investment going brilliantly I see.
    It's shocking! Double winners in their first season and the spoils of Europe in to their pockets next season. I bet they are completely gutted!!

VP was always going to be the head coach and a badge man in as DoF. There was no secret about those plans from the day after Kenny resigned. I think its the right direction and as Oriel says the squad are already signed up mostly on multiple year contracts. Continuity right now is more important than a new man in to change things up. Completely flop in Europe next season and we could see the net being spread wider for coaching staff. As for Oriel Park, its been said dozens of times that as long as its cheaper to rent Tallaght for European games than to improve Oriel then the old place will stay the same. Our hope is grant allocations might lead to improvements but they will be basic in the short or medium term and make little differene on the reputation of Oriel being the ground for the traditionalist type supporters in the league....fancy all seater stands and corporate areas giving out free vul au vents or standing terraces, baltic cold, with bovril sold through a hatch - no competition!!

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    i know from vinny perths stint in charge of us as caretaker mgr that our form improved dramatically after Aaron Callaghan resigned .How he didnt get the job when Alan Gough got it instead I never know as I never liked Gough at all. Gough had his spies on foot.ie and threatened to have me removed from our supporters club as secretary when I said that he was ran out of Galway which he wasnt too happy about but I got to keep my job and he didnt!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It's shocking! Double winners in their first season and the spoils of Europe in to their pockets next season. I bet they are completely gutted!!

VP was always going to be the head coach and a badge man in as DoF. There was no secret about those plans from the day after Kenny resigned. I think its the right direction and as Oriel says the squad are already signed up mostly on multiple year contracts. Continuity right now is more important than a new man in to change things up. Completely flop in Europe next season and we could see the net being spread wider for coaching staff. As for Oriel Park, its been said dozens of times that as long as its cheaper to rent Tallaght for European games than to improve Oriel then the old place will stay the same. Our hope is grant allocations might lead to improvements but they will be basic in the short or medium term and make little differene on the reputation of Oriel being the ground for the traditionalist type supporters in the league....fancy all seater stands and corporate areas giving out free vul au vents or standing terraces, baltic cold, with bovril sold through a hatch - no competition!!
    It ain't broken so no surprise to see Dundalk focus on continuity (or attempt to) the only issue is if Perth will be able to keep the train on track and we wont know that until he has a go ! John Gill is a decent coach and has an element of experience so I think he may be useful to VP in starting out. I also presume VP approved the appointment of Gill so must see him as some addition (apart from just the badges). I can see why all other fans would hope it s a slip up by Dundalk but it might be a bit early to predict any change just yet.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    It ain't broken so no surprise to see Dundalk focus on continuity (or attempt to) the only issue is if Perth will be able to keep the train on track and we wont know that until he has a go ! John Gill is a decent coach and has an element of experience so I think he may be useful to VP in starting out. I also presume VP approved the appointment of Gill so must see him as some addition (apart from just the badges). I can see why all other fans would hope it s a slip up by Dundalk but it might be a bit early to predict any change just yet.
    before VP came back to us as assitant coach in 08 gill was mgr for Dundalk and VP a player if my memory serves me right.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    before VP came back to us as assitant coach in 08 gill was mgr for Dundalk and VP a player if my memory serves me right.
    VP played under Giller at Dundalk(i think without searching) 2007

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    VP played under Giller at Dundalk(i think without searching) 2007

Spot on - JG was the boss in 2007

Perth then spent his final season as a professional player at Oriel Park when he signed for the club for an assault on the 2007 first division crown but injuries restricted him to just 17 games.
    https://www.dundalkfc.com/players/ma...m/vinny-perth/

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post

Lack of stadium progress is an irritation, but there is widespread satisfaction among fans (even among the seriously sceptical) about Peak6 to date

The remaining signings (probably in the January period coming from outside Ireland) will tell a lot about the level of Peak6 intentions

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Vinny always had a good view on things as a player from any time I ever chatted with him and he did a good job in very difficult circumstances as caretaker manager with us. I don’t doubt that his six years or whatever it is as Kenny’s assistant will have taught him a lot more. My initial reaction was that it’s a big job to take as your first proper managerial job but if he has the players’ respect, and all the indications are that he does, I can see him doing well. He’ll certainly put his heart and soul into it.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast