This is funny as £uck..

Perhaps Noel king could take over.😋

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Apparently Kenny has been given the U21 job but also the job of overseeing all the other underage teams to get his vision in order for two years time. If that's true and you take the u21 job as a way to get him used to being a manager with players spread all over the place with limited training time and assuming McCarthy intends to retire in 2 years and told the FAI he only wanted to be involved for 2 years to help them get their house in order and will definitely step down in 2 year then I can't believe I'm going to say this but it seems like decent planning by the FAI.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Impossible to replace what Kenny brought Dundalk,there was a certain invincibility about them under Kenny at times,good luck to anyone trying to replace him....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Martin O'Neill to Dundalk - done deal

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    With double the budget of the next team and most of the team signed up for next year any manager (except roddy maybe) is overwhelming favourite to win the league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    With double the budget of the next team and most of the team signed up for next year any manager (except roddy maybe) is overwhelming favourite to win the league.
    Similar enough to 2012 when the dominating cash rich Shamrock Rovers lost their manager to the international ranks, their new manager was not expected to balls it up and get sacked before the season is out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    The only thing is Dundalk have plenty of time to get this right. Cast the net far and wide, and have a real go of getting a top quality manager in. They've got the budget to attract a manager from a decent level.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Not even nearly the same the Europa league was completely fifth division at the time rovers qualified. dundalk got 6 to 7 times the cash an d have been bought by a billionaire group. The money in football has changed Dramatically, that's not biased opinion it's just facts

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Alan Reynolds on the advice of Kenny is the rumour in Waterford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Anything today is probably BS but Alan Reynolds does play nice ball and with in relative terms small money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Well that's a fair point on the Europa league earnings, I think Dundalk still have 2.5m in the bank, so in a good position and apart from the McEleny transfer I don't think they have dipped into the P6 funds yet. This is still obviously very disappointing that he is leaving and for the u21 job. It's also bizarre that seemingly regardless of his performance he will get the big job in 2020.

On his replacement. This is going to be a big call, and the Chicago based guys will want to get it right to keep their project and euro earnings on track. It will attract decent interest for sure, may be second in overall trophies and not the best supported team but I would still argue it's probably the biggest club job in the country on current turnover and recent trophies.

Will be interesting if they go within the league or say England. Also important to note this will be P6's first time dealing with a new contract for the manager as Kenny had signed an extension before they came on board. On that the FAI will surely have to pay compensation unless a clause was inserted.

Edit. I can't see Reynolds, Dundalk will be looking for a manager who has more experience and possibly European or bigger league profile.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I think peak 6 will go outside the loi , there was plenty of talk of Kenny looking for a way out as peak 6 weren't convinced he was the man for th e project. If they didn't have faith in him who else in the league ?
    Explains why he would leave dfc for the 21's and an FAI " promise" of the main job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    I think peak 6 will go outside the loi , there was plenty of talk of Kenny looking for a way out as peak 6 weren't convinced he was the man for th e project. If they didn't have faith in him who else in the league ?
    Explains why he would leave dfc for the 21's and an FAI " promise" of the main job
    Really? Not in Dundalk there wasn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Seriously how hard would it have been for peak 6 to get him to stay instead of taking the under 21s and an FAI "promise" of a job in 2 years time if they had really tried.

I wanted Kenny to get the main job was it would have been good for football in this country but this is a joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    More likely to be Kenny not convinced by peak6 rather than the other way around surely?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    With my rovers hat on I think this is bad news , I expect peak6 to pick there man from outside loi and give him a n even bigger budget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    With my rovers hat on I think this is bad news , I expect peak6 to pick there man from outside loi and give him a n even bigger budget.
    As a city fan, I am not worried. Peak6 can only increase the budget by dipping into europa league prize money (which is finite) or use their own money (which decreases profits). I can't see them doing the latter for too long.

Even if the new man wins the league next year, it's hard to see it last. Kenny was their biggest asset.

As a City fan i'm more worried about shamrock overtaking us next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post

As a (Cork) City fan i'm more worried about shamrock overtaking us next year.
    Do you mean into second place ? I wouldn't rule out P6 not dipping into their funds as early as this pre season, it has to be in their interest to keep the football side as strong as possible. Seeded in CL r1 would give a good opportunity to play and get paid on 3 rounds and min 1.2m.

Also if Dundalk win the league next year, even if they win through 2 rounds it will almost guarantee future seeding for at least 2 more years and more earnings, I think it could last a bit longer. The gap will surely get bigger then between where they'll be and clubs who are in the EL ?
    Last edited by oriel; 25/11/2018 at 1:13 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Do you mean into second place ? I wouldn't rule out P6 not dipping into their funds as early as this pre season, it has to be in their interest to keep the football side as strong as possible.
    Ya, I think shamrock will close the gap on city. How dundalk react to losing kenny may or may not bring them back into the pack.

If history tells us anything, dynasties don't last too long in the loi.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast