Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Dundalk Manager

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'd have no problem with the club's complaining but the issues pats and Derry chose were stupid
    At least they spoke up about something. The rest seem to follow some sort of omerta code re the FAI.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    How about an in house appointment step forward Stephen O'Donnell

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrob Spooh View Post
    How about an in house appointment step forward Stephen O'Donnell
    I suspect in time he will make a marvelous manager, but his time has not yet come. For starters he doesn't have the Pro Licence and has no senior management or coaching experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I think peak 6 will go outside the loi , there was plenty of talk of Kenny looking for a way out as peak 6 weren't convinced he was the man for th e project. If they didn't have faith in him who else in the league ?
    Explains why he would leave dfc for the 21's and an FAI " promise" of the main job
    Well, if it's a "project" Peak 6 have in mind there is only one possible choice- cup final expert and serial loser, Bradley. Surely his moment has come to manage a big club 😁

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Do you mean into second place ? I wouldn't rule out P6 not dipping into their funds as early as this pre season, it has to be in their interest to keep the football side as strong as possible. Seeded in CL r1 would give a good opportunity to play and get paid on 3 rounds and min 1.2m.

Also if Dundalk win the league next year, even if they win through 2 rounds it will almost guarantee future seeding for at least 2 more years and more earnings, I think it could last a bit longer. The gap will surely get bigger then between where they'll be and clubs who are in the EL ?
    It definitely shows the importance of consistently winning the league or getting 1 or 2 club coeff points each year. This year they are likely to be seeded which one would hope means at least one win etc.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Gavin McLaughlin gives on update

Vinny Perth, who has been Kenny’s number two since he took the reins at Oriel Park just over six years ago, is believed to have returned from Galway to meet the Dubliner face to face. Perth signed a three-year deal last season and is one of the front runners to replace Kenny, even though he does not hold a pro-licence.

Assistant coach Ruaidhri Higgins, who turned down a move to Derry City recently, is also under contract for the next two seasons and is likely to be part of any new management set-up.

From a playing point of view, Dundalk are entering the Christmas period in a position of strength. New deals for Dane Massey and Robbie Benson are in the pipeline with O’Donnell and Ronan Murray the only squad members currently mulling over their future.

Treacy is understood to have flown in from Chicago for a meeting with players and staff members in the Ballymascanlon on Sunday evening and with pre-season just over five weeks away, the League of Ireland champions are determined to press ahead with business and not become sidetracked by the events of recent days.
    https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-search-f...k-754e24f6c4d3

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    How can Vinny be one of the front runners if he doesn’t have a pro licence? It’s not possible at the moment (barring the FAI not enforcing their own rules, which I suppose is a slim possibility). I wouldn’t give it to him yet anyway with the options that Dundalk will have. I always liked him as a person from the limited engagements I had with him, and from everything everyone has ever said about him, he was loved at LTFC. But I think he may be better off proving himself somewhere else if he actually wants to be a manager.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    How can Vinny be one of the front runners if he doesn’t have a pro licence? It’s not possible at the moment (barring the FAI not enforcing their own rules, which I suppose is a slim possibility). I wouldn’t give it to him yet anyway with the options that Dundalk will have. I always liked him as a person from the limited engagements I had with him, and from everything everyone has ever said about him, he was loved at LTFC. But I think he may be better off proving himself somewhere else if he actually wants to be a manager.
    Might they 'do' an Ireland on it, appointing somebody more experienced and have Vinny Perth as Asst Manager until he (a) gets a pro licence and (b) gets some more experience under his belt ? someone like Kerr would fit the bill.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Mike Neville U-19 mangaer has the right badges, expected he will be named head coach and Pert and Stevie O (player/coach) will take over

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    would make sense kenny signed alan reynolds when longford town manager and wasnt reynolds a scout at derry city on kennys watch?
    Kenny's assistant, he was.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Are Dundalk unhappy with Kenny leaving? Able to release statements about squad players leaving but not a word on the best manager they've ever had......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Are Dundalk unhappy with Kenny leaving? Able to release statements about squad players leaving but not a word on the best manager they've ever had......
    Whatever about not releasing a statement, of course Dundalk aren’t happy about him leaving. Particularly as the FAI didn’t even contact the club before negotiating with their manager.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Complete lack of respect shown if that was the case,Kenny has to take part of the blame aswell not only one side in the negotiations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Just released a statement!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Just released a statement!!
    Must be the shortest statement about a manager leaving released. Seems very bitter, don't even acknowledge hes left them for the under 21s.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Whatever about not releasing a statement, of course Dundalk aren’t happy about him leaving. Particularly as the FAI didn’t even contact the club before negotiating with their manager.
    Is there any source for this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Best of luck Kenny. Big loss to the league. As a fellow League of Ireland supporter, may I offer some advice recommend Roddy Collins for the position he leaves behind.
    Its a massive gap to fill, but there is noone more qualified than Roddy to carry on Kennys work. Roddy has experience at many LoI Ireland clubs over the years and is definitely the right man to lead Dundalk forward into a new prosperous era of success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    Best of luck Kenny. Big loss to the league. As a fellow League of Ireland supporter, may I offer some advice recommend Roddy Collins for the position he leaves behind.
    Its a massive gap to fill, but there is noone more qualified than Roddy to carry on Kennys work. Roddy has experience at many LoI Ireland clubs over the years and is definitely the right man to lead Dundalk forward into a new prosperous era of success.
    Could I just add that Sean Connor would make an excellent #2 to Roddy? The dream team so to speak. If you have any ambition to take it to the next level, you know what you have to do.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    To be fair, Stephen spent the entirety of last week letting everyone who would listen know he wanted the senior job. Its not like the FAI came knocking on his door.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Complete lack of respect shown if that was the case,Kenny has to take part of the blame aswell not only one side in the negotiations.
    There's a protocol there in football, which involves a club being asked before another party speaks to their under contract manager/player.

It wasn't Kenny's job to do that task for the FAI.

Ironic that the governing body of Irish football aren't even setting an example re the rules here.

25. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast