Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Dundalk Manager

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    'Back into the pack' that's brightened up my day ! Well played.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I think peak 6 will go outside the loi , there was plenty of talk of Kenny looking for a way out as peak 6 weren't convinced he was the man for th e project.
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    How dundalk react to losing kenny may or may not bring them back into the pack.

If history tells us anything, dynasties don't last too long in the loi.
    Losing the manager who has delivered a haul of trophies, some brilliant football and a number of unforgettable European occasions makes it a difficult and uncertain time for Dundalk FC football fans.

But posts like the above provide a touch of unintended comic relief that help raise the spirits.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Losing the manager who has delivered a haul of trophies, some brilliant football and a number of unforgettable European occasions makes it a difficult and uncertain time for Dundalk FC football fans.
    Rest assured, the hearts of every other fan in the league goes out to you all, it must be so difficult being a Dundalk fan these days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    No comedy in my post EZ if peak 6 had tried hard enough I can't see Kenny leaving for Noel kings job and a promise. I think they were wrong but it is what it is.
    Maybe the whispers where wrong but I doubt it.
    Either way with the budget dfc have the new manager will have a hard job to f it up from here.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Either way with the budget dfc have the new manager will have a hard job to f it up from here.
    Whoever comes in is in a great position but at least now there's a chance. Managerial change is always risky. A month ago I was a bit convinced dundalk were winning the league for the next 5 years and getting to the group stages again. Now, who knows. Especially in terms of Europe. That's where its not as straightforward as meaning the biggest budget in our league will mean you do well.

Lots of calls for Keith Long on the Dundalk forum. Thats the kind of appointment that really gives the rest of us a shot. He's a good manager but zero European experience and a different kettle of fish altogether working with the best players in the league vs getting the best out of youngsters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Lots of calls for Keith Long on the Dundalk forum. Thats the kind of appointment that really gives the rest of us a shot. He's a good manager but zero European experience and a different kettle of fish altogether working with the best players in the league vs getting the best out of youngsters.
    Can't see what Long has achieved as a manager to earn the Dundalk job. Bohs were rubbish for a lot of the season - showed up for the derbies and had that unbeaten run. Shouldn't even be considered.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I don't want to unduly dash your hopes but Keith Long has been just one of many names floated by fans. Some are mischievous and others are complete brain-farts.

While posters on Oriel Web wont be making the appointment here is the list so far:

Brian Kerr
    Ian Barraclough
    Keith Long
    Vinny Perth
    Trevor Croly
    Collie O'Neill
    Roy Keane
    Bob Bradley
    Alexi Lalas
    Paul Doolin
    Kenny Shiels
    Brian Gartland
    Alan Reynolds
    Simone Perrotta

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Please, please Roy Keane. If this league wasn't interesting enough already......
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Would Dundalm fans be interested in Kerr?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Would Dundalm fans be interested in Kerr?
    Some would and some would not. But, as is normal, the fans will not be making the appointment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    It is a bit of a conundrum, who's a realistic and able replacement. I feel like all LOI names distinctly pale in comparison to Kenny, and it's just hard to gauge what level of name Dundalk could attract from outside the league.

If I were a Dundalk fan I'd be massively underwhelmed with Long, but at the same time I can't really think of anyone that'd fill me with confidence of being able to build on what Kenny has. Maybe Perth for continuity sake?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I would think the new owners of Dundalk be looking for a high profile man witn a lot of experience and one who will be suited for european games.

i wouldnt be suprised to see them making contact with the previous owners also and as quick as this weekend for their input.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I would think the new owners of Dundalk be looking for a high profile man witn a lot of experience and one who will be suited for european games.

i wouldnt be suprised to see them making contact with the previous owners also and as quick as this weekend for their input.
    In other words, someone who hasn't a clue about the league. I'm sold on this idea.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I don't want to unduly dash your hopes but Keith Long has been just one of many names floated by fans. Some are mischievous and others are complete brain-farts.

While posters on Oriel Web wont be making the appointment here is the list so far:

Alexi Lalas? Eh, what?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Can't see what Long has achieved as a manager to earn the Dundalk job. Bohs were rubbish for a lot of the season - showed up for the derbies and had that unbeaten run. Shouldn't even be considered.
    Keep us out of it. Reynolds is a shoe in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    In other words, someone who hasn't a clue about the league. I'm sold on this idea.
    I never said the appointment would come from outside the league, but it would make good sense for P6 to use the services of the previous owners to draw up a shortlist, they were the guys who got Kenny onboard in the first place. If there is no suitable candidate in Ireland though, they will have no choice to look abroad at that point.

This is probably the biggest job in Irish club football, so id be expecting very strong interest.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    The best thing for Derry and Pats as clubs is not to continually **** off the FAI,
    I'd disagree and say that the best thing for Irish domestic football would be for more clubs to grow a pair of balls and stand up to the FAI when they're taking the p!ss.

It worked for the women's international team.

It worked for the PFAI over the £300,000 fund for unpaid wages.

But LOI clubs are largely either in Delaney's pocket one way or another, or more interested in trying to get one over other clubs than they are in forcing the FAI to genuinely back the league. So the league continues to get shabby treatment from those responsible for improving it.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    Alan Reynolds on the advice of Kenny is the rumour in Waterford.
    would make sense kenny signed alan reynolds when longford town manager and wasnt reynolds a scout at derry city on kennys watch?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    It is a bit of a conundrum, who's a realistic and able replacement. I feel like all LOI names distinctly pale in comparison to Kenny, and it's just hard to gauge what level of name Dundalk could attract from outside the league.

If I were a Dundalk fan I'd be massively underwhelmed with Long, but at the same time I can't really think of anyone that'd fill me with confidence of being able to build on what Kenny has. Maybe Perth for continuity sake?
    perth wont get it as he doesnt have the necessary documentation. baraclough surely should be the man. if declan devine can leave the IFA so can Baraclough!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    I'd disagree and say that the best thing for Irish domestic football would be for more clubs to grow a pair of balls and stand up to the FAI when they're taking the p!ss.

It worked for the women's international team.

It worked for the PFAI over the £300,000 fund for unpaid wages.

But LOI clubs are largely either in Delaney's pocket one way or another, or more interested in trying to get one over other clubs than they are in forcing the FAI to genuinely back the league. So the league continues to get shabby treatment from those responsible for improving it.
    I'd have no problem with the club's complaining but the issues pats and Derry chose were stupid

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast