Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Dundalk Manager

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    So have Dundalk invited applicants or are they head hunting or is there any word of the process in place?
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    It would appear P6 are taking their time with this, no point rushing when they know they'll prob still be able to offer decent contracts to new incoming players, plus its only Benson now from the entire first team squad that has not signed up for next season, granted a few have left like Murray, Poynton and Sava.
    There is very little coming out of Oriel Park in the last few days. Even the local-based journos like James Rogers or Gavin McLaughlin seem to have little new info. It is far from clear if an appointment is imminent or not.

The initial intentions was to find a way to satisfy the pro-licence criteria while retaining Vinny Perth as Head Coach and that does not appear to have changed.

It remains to be seen if the pro-licence holder appointment will be figurative or have a full managerial role.

Benson had already been offered a contract (as was Dane Massey) and the expectations are that he will sign up again.

If only we had regular AGM's we could all be ITK

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Any word on J Gill, see his name mentioned online, and he tumbled down the betting to be favourite at the moment? He worked with Perth before. is this a runner?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Any word on J Gill, see his name mentioned online, and he tumbled down the betting to be favourite at the moment? He worked with Perth before. is this a runner?
    Tweet from Monday by well informed journo James Rogers

James Rogers@jamesdundalkFollowingFollowing @jamesdundalk

More

John Gill's odds of becoming the next Dundalk manager have gone from 66/1 yesterday to 4/1 today. I spoke to him last night and he said he has been in Fuerteventura for the past 10 days and “hadn’t heard or been in touch with anyone regarding football.”
    https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/sta...23602851532806

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Tweet from Monday by well informed journo James Rogers

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/sta...23602851532806
    I think Giller is fully 'badged up' so could be part of a management team to get around the qualification requirement ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    As an outsider looking in, this is coming across a bit chaotic and messy. The apparent persistence of getting Perth the gig may be blinding Dundalk to other candidates who may be better appointment. I just know that if Bohs were lucky enough to be in the position that Dundalk are in, i'd probably be feeling a little disappointed with the communication to the fans and the vision for taking the club to the next level.

Now, I say all that full in the knowledge that I could be (probably am) way off the mark and I know next to F all about Perth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    As an outsider looking in, this is coming across a bit chaotic and messy. The apparent persistence of getting Perth the gig may be blinding Dundalk to other candidates who may be better appointment. I just know that if Bohs were lucky enough to be in the position that Dundalk are in, i'd probably be feeling a little disappointed with the communication to the fans and the vision for taking the club to the next level.

Now, I say all that full in the knowledge that I could be (probably am) way off the mark and I know next to F all about Perth.
    Dundalk is not members owned so under no obligation to tell fans anything.No doubt when there is 'white smoke' the club will issue a press release informing fans and anyone else interested in the outcome.
    Fans very rarely figure on any owners priority list and no privately owned club is going to do its business in public just so fans can feel 'communicated with', fans are simply not part of the decision making process and will be informed WHEN the decision is made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    I know all that. The communications piece was a small part of what I was getting at really - although the club was initially releasing some scraps to the Dundalk papers/journos. My larger point was whether they were blinding themselves to other, potentially better, options through their apparent determination to find a management team that is headed by Perth who doesn't have his badges. I would feel (without being a Dundalk fan who knows a lot more about Perth than I do) that perhaps sights were being set a little lower than could be expected.

I am unsure where you got the impression that I was saying that the fans should be part of the decision making process...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    If the decision was to give perth the job they could have announced it already (with someone else ticking the badges box) . They must be considering alternatives.
    Personally I hope they appoint perth and give him a crack at it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    I know all that. The communications piece was a small part of what I was getting at really - although the club was initially releasing some scraps to the Dundalk papers/journos. My larger point was whether they were blinding themselves to other, potentially better, options through their apparent determination to find a management team that is headed by Perth who doesn't have his badges. I would feel (without being a Dundalk fan who knows a lot more about Perth than I do) that perhaps sights were being set a little lower than could be expected.

I am unsure where you got the impression that I was saying that the fans should be part of the decision making process...
    And my point was -we don't know if they are 'blinding themselves' to anything because they, quite rightly, are doing their business inhouse BEFORE making any public statements.Obviously nothing has yet been finalized so no reason why they would put anything in the public domain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Some updates form Vinny Perth tonight at Gavin McLaughlins book launch of 'Dundalk FC: Taking Back The Throne'

https://audioboom.com/posts/7110957-vinny-perth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    And my point was -we don't know if they are 'blinding themselves' to anything because they, quite rightly, are doing their business inhouse BEFORE making any public statements.Obviously nothing has yet been finalized so no reason why they would put anything in the public domain.
    Based on what’s already in this thread, the signals being given by those in the club and/or those close to the club are that Perth is their preferred man. If that’s accurate, I wonder if there might have been someone better they could have brought in that they’ve not interviewed because they want Perth. If that’s accurate, I’d be underwhelmed if I were a Dundalk fan. Am I not allowed to speculate based on what people in this thread are saying?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Based on what’s already in this thread, the signals being given by those in the club and/or those close to the club are that Perth is their preferred man. If that’s accurate, I wonder if there might have been someone better they could have brought in that they’ve not interviewed because they want Perth. If that’s accurate, I’d be underwhelmed if I were a Dundalk fan. Am I not allowed to speculate based on what people in this thread are saying?
    There is no issue with speculating at all. It's probably a bit pointless unless there is another big twist in the tale but everything is pointing to VP being the first team head coach or whatever job title he will go by and how the coaching criteria is met. I dont think it is underwhelming at all which of course is easy to say right now, if the squad doesnt perform as expected he will become an underwhelming appointment retrospectively lol. Most Dundalk fans wanted continuity, as do the board and owners it seems, if it isnt broken and all that. I'm feeling confident that the club are doing the right thing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    There is no issue with speculating at all. It's probably a bit pointless unless there is another big twist in the tale but everything is pointing to VP being the first team head coach or whatever job title he will go by and how the coaching criteria is met. I dont think it is underwhelming at all which of course is easy to say right now, if the squad doesnt perform as expected he will become an underwhelming appointment retrospectively lol. Most Dundalk fans wanted continuity, as do the board and owners it seems, if it isnt broken and all that. I'm feeling confident that the club are doing the right thing!
    I would be confident that Vinny P.will be the next manager/no.1/coach at the club -has the backing of a huge majority of the support at Oriel to do so.
    Not that that would matter - Giller had the same backing in 2008
    There is a bit of Horse trading going on in the background i reckon(and he might need some help getting there),but the momentum seems to with VP atm.
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 08/12/2018 at 5:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Reports on Twitter that Paul Clement was in Dundalk today for talks on the job.

Which is all sorts of hilarious.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Reports on Twitter that Paul Clement was in Dundalk today for talks on the job.

Which is all sorts of hilarious.
    Did the Twitter reports say if he had an appointment or did he just turn up on spec?

Gavin McLaughlin
    ‏@DundalkSport

If Paul Clement was in town to hold talks with Mike Treacy this morning it would want to have been an early meeting because Mike was out of here around 8am.
    https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/sta...82410944155648

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    See the part where I said 'which is hilarious'? That's the part where you realise I was making fun of the report.

You're great at sucking the life out of anything funny or interesting on this site lately Ezeikial.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    See the part where I said 'which is hilarious'? That's the part where you realise I was making fun of the report.

You're great at sucking the life out of anything funny or interesting on this site lately Ezeikial.

See the part where I was making fun of the report too?

Maybe you took it that I was making fun of you too? Sorry if I you got upset about it, but it is a brilliant rumour

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    To be fair, you just look for rows on everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Paul Clements would be great, no? Was a coach at Real Madrid! Has had poor runs at Swansea and Reading though but that shouldn't be a qualification to dismiss his abilities for LOI level. Is it all just hot air and the reality is that V.Perth is gonna get the job?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    It’s bull****

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast