DUNDALK v DUBLIN CITY, UNITED PARK, DROGHEDA,
TUESDAY, APRIL 5, 7.45pm, KICK-OFF

Vikings go raiding
up the east coast!

DUBLIN CITY travel to play Dundalk tomorrow evening but City fans will only have to venture as far as
Drogheda for a game where the Vikings will look to add to their success over Kildare County last Friday at Richmond Park.

With Oriel Park currently having a synthetic pitch put in place, the Bordermen have
arranged to play out of United Park until work is completed on their own ground in Dundalk.

But manager Dermot Keely is unconcerned about where the Vikings play and promises that his approach will be to try and win every game his side plays in.

"We deserved to win last Friday simply because we tried to win the game. We went with three up front to try and win the match and that's how it worked out. For that alone we deserve the credit and I'm happy with the way things have worked out so far," said the Dublin City boss.

Brian Kelly limped out of Friday's clash with the Thoroughbreds and even though he trained at ALSAA on Sunday, there is a slight doubt about the defender lining out tomorrow night.

Regardless, City look to be well covered and Kelly's replacement, Alan Keely added a steel backbone to the Vikings' defence.

"Alan done well when he came on and we had a solid look. I'm probably harder on him than anyone else, but he's stood up well and he's an important player for us. As long as we don't get sloppy we will do well," added Keely senior.

While the Vikings defence line looks well served by some solid talent, substitute Michael Holt also landed a perfect reminder to Keely about his goalscoring ability.

"Michael and myself had words during the week and he thinks one way and I think another. He's one of the older guys we have but he still has to work hard. I'm paid to make the decisions and my decision was to leave him on the bench and he didn't agree with that, but that's what I'm paid for.

"I was delighted to see him come off the bench and score a wonderful winner for us. That was Michael Holt's way of telling Dermot Keely to go shove it..... and it genuinely brought a smile to my face."

Keely however appreciates the value of Holt's sublime strike against Kildare and believes it can be the launch pad for the club's push to stay at the business end of the table.

"I was trying to play down the importance of winning last Friday but it was huge, it was massive. Every game is going to be tough and we knew Kildare were going to give us a tough examination and we know tomorrow night will be no different with Dundalk.

"At the start of the season you'd have expected Kildare and Dundalk to be figuring at the top end, but you see the likes of Sligo going well and you know that there are a lot of tough games ahead. I'll play the same way regardless of the opposition and tomorrow, we'll be looking to win the game."

Keely, apart from Brian Kelly, reports a clean bill of health and a squad eager to continue on from Friday's success.

"The confidence levels are up and we're looking forward to playing in Drogheda where there is a decent surface. Things have gone OK for us and we're unbeaten and I'm looking to keep that up. I'll look at where we are after nine games and we'll take it from there. We're unbeaten to date and it'd be nice to keep that record intact tomorrow and if we go about our business sensibly, we'll do OK."

HOW TO GET TO UNITED PARK: Turn off the Dublin Road at the Nissan Garage. Ground is opposite the hospital gates at the end of the Windmill Road. The match kicks-off at 7.45pm