Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1285

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    So all in all the books balanced and 4th biggest budget it remains!
    No I'd say it's 2nd biggest now.

Dundalk

Rovers
    Pats
    Derry
    Cork
    Bohs
    Sligo
    Waterford
    Harps
    Ucd

My guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    No I'd say it's 2nd biggest now.

Dundalk

Rovers
    Pats
    Derry
    Cork
    Bohs
    Sligo
    Waterford
    Harps
    Ucd

My guess
    Bohs budget bigger than Sligo and Waterford? Wow, you really talk some ****e 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Pretty sure about Waterford post power pulling the plug, Sligo is ? U could be right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Not to pick on Cork after a poor night tonight but even with budget cuts, the size of squad, signings in before Christmas, JC eeking every cent out of the board well they'd possibly be above Derry and on par with Pats. But spleculation it is. Waterford at the start of the season would be a lot higher. Rovers are no paupers in contracts willing to be offered - similar to Cork the BoM is probably more generous than the membership would be comfortable with. Next AGM we will all know!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Rovers made a decent offer to Duffy, plus they went over to Oldham and spoke to McEleney so thats at least 2 more. I think DFC ceased interest in Lafferty once they sorted things with Jarvis two weeks ago, although he was close to leaving by all accounts. This left Dundalk with two left fulls, seems a good move by Rovers to then enter the fray and offer Lafferty a deal, good player.
    All plane sailing with Jarvis and DFC now?

But, yeah, we were in for McEleney and Boyle and got none of them. We do have the spending power to compete with Dundalk but the champions are going to be a bigger draw for most players. When we start winning things we'll be able to compete on a level footing but they're getting the benefit of their success.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 24/08/2019 at 3:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Even playing in the ****hole of Oriel Park Dundalk is more attractive to players? or simply playing in hooped shirts means they'd sign for buttons (or a new kitchen sink), well RH and Asterix would think so. Where Dundalk need to progress in Europe to try and balance the books, Rovers needed the additional financial injection of the transfers to close the gap. In demand players will benefit from the two clubs being interested.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I wouldn't agree with my hooped colleagues on Oriel Park being a negative for players. They generally want to play for the best teams and win things and that's Dundalk right now and for the last six or seven years. Rovers have money, Dundalk have money, and players will go where they can win trophies. It's not like the Croly days when we had a lower budget than Wexford and the horrible Rovers fans unfairly castigated him for not getting a point off the galacticos in Limerick.

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I can't imagine the restricted view from the away terrace has much impact on players decisions.

Other facilities such as the training and player prep facilities in the YDC probably do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I wouldn't agree with my hooped colleagues on Oriel Park being a negative for players. They generally want to play for the best teams and win things and that's Dundalk right now and for the last six or seven years. Rovers have money, Dundalk have money, and players will go where they can win trophies. It's not like the Croly days when we had a lower budget than Wexford and the horrible Rovers fans unfairly castigated him for not getting a point off the galacticos in Limerick.
    Just paid expenses and get to keep a jersey those days! and of course got to ply their trade in Tallaght Staduim...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Not to pick on Cork after a poor night tonight but even with budget cuts, the size of squad, signings in before Christmas, JC eeking every cent out of the board well they'd possibly be above Derry and on par with Pats. But spleculation it is. Waterford at the start of the season would be a lot higher. Rovers are no paupers in contracts willing to be offered - similar to Cork the BoM is probably more generous than the membership would be comfortable with. Next AGM we will all know!
    At the start of the season we were probably third highest after Dundalk and Rovers. Possibly Pats close but I'd imagine we were ahead of them. We cut the budget after last year but it was still competitive. Right now I'd say we're climbing down the rankings, we've moved on a number of high earners and typically replaced them with players on lower wages or not replaced them at all.

Going into next season I think we'll be reducing it further, crowds will be expected to be lower and we don't have European money but I don't think we'll fall too far. We still have relatively good crowds, good sponsorship deals and merchandising is actually better this year than any previous season I believe. I think we'd be relatively competitive with Pats and Derry in terms of wage budget. I don't know if we'll be ahead of or behind them but I don't think there would be much of a gap between the three of us. You'd imagine Dundalk and Rovers will both be significantly ahead of everyone else.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Where Dundalk need to progress in Europe to try and balance the books, Rovers needed the additional financial injection of the transfers to close the gap
    Considering one clubs board had to pump in a million quid to keep the wage budget under the 65% of annual turnover allowed and the others didn't put anything in, I know which financial plan I'd say is going better so far anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Do loans secured against shares count as cash injections from board members?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Considering one clubs board had to pump in a million quid to keep the wage budget under the 65% of annual turnover allowed and the others didn't put anything in, I know which financial plan I'd say is going better so far anyway.
    Please don't stimulate another round of debates on Rovers finances.

It's never pretty

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Rovers made a decent offer to Duffy, plus they went over to Oldham and spoke to McEleney so thats at least 2 more. I think DFC ceased interest in Lafferty once they sorted things with Jarvis two weeks ago, although he was close to leaving by all accounts. This left Dundalk with two left fulls, seems a good move by Rovers to then enter the fray and offer Lafferty a deal, good player.
    What was the problem with Jarvis?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    He was suspended by the club for a couple of weeks for being a silly boy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Or using Sports council stadium grants to pay wages ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Tip up to roadstone next time st Kevin's have a game and you'll see where the money has been spent

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Actually in terms of being counted in a clubs annual turnover, no, no they don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Tip up to roadstone next time st Kevin's have a game and you'll see where the money has been spent
    Grants that were allocated for Tallaght ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Bangs head off wall......

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast