Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1285

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Greene 11 league goals from play this season for a team in a distant second place
    Hoobin 7

Probably neither is the answer at this stage, if i could choose id take Georgie Kelly based on goals per minute and age
    Thomas Oluwa could be first choice next year or maybe spend the kind of money it would have cost to get Hoobin and find another Gary Twigg somewhere.
    Interesting you would prefer Georgie Kelly over the player keeping him out of the team (although I think either would be an upgrade for any team in the league). Admittedly I don't see them every week but Hoban appears the more clinical in front of goal which I think is what shams have been lacking.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    Aaron Greene or Pat Hoban hmmmmmm.

Rovers would take him a heartbeat. They have a ridiculous amount of midfielders, but badly lacking up front.
    Obviously Hoban would have been signed in addition to Greene, and of course that would have strengthened the squad, but if you gave a straight choice between one or the other I would personally pick Greene. Anyone who has watched Rovers regularly can see how important he is to the way we play. He works extremely hard, his ball retention and link play with back to goal are exceptional, and he is also a real threat in behind (runs the channels as well as any striker I have ever seen in this league). He had obvious issues in front of goal earlier in the season but his strike rate recently has been very respectable. His form has improved during a period where overall form has dipped.

Fans of other clubs might think this is ridiculous based on Hoban's past goalscoring record in the league but honestly Greene is one of Rovers most important players. Obviously need another option up there so maybe Kelly might be a good shout to play a similar role off the bench for us as he has done for Dundalk this year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Tbh if would be his manky attitude not his goalscoring abilities that would put me off the hoe-bin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Interesting you would prefer Georgie Kelly over the player keeping him out of the team (although I think either would be an upgrade for any team in the league). Admittedly I don't see them every week but Hoban appears the more clinical in front of goal which I think is what shams have been lacking.
    Would be interesting to see his goals per minute on the pitch compared to Hoban this season,
    Kelly is a real prospect, i assume he has another year on his contract as Hoban resigning probably means another year on the bench for him, Perth obviously believes in Hooban but if Kelly doesnt get much game time next season he will surely look to move, he is too young to sit on the bench.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    If only Patrick Hoban didn't have a manky attitude...............

James Rogers
    @jamesdundalk

In 88 appearances (81 starts and 7 off the bench) since returning to the club ahead of the 2018 season, Patrick Hoban has been involved in 70 goals for Dundalk (51 goals and 19 assists) - more than any other player
    https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/sta...24486189309954

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Would be interesting to see his goals per minute on the pitch compared to Hoban this season,
    Kelly is a real prospect, i assume he has another year on his contract as Hoban resigning probably means another year on the bench for him, Perth obviously believes in Hooban but if Kelly doesnt get much game time next season he will surely look to move, he is too young to sit on the bench.
    How much have you been seen Kelly play this season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I'd say about 20 minutes this year which is nothing but i know plenty of DFC supporters have been urging Vinny to play him instead of Hooban this year.
    He also has scored a few goals with very little game time.
    Saw him play a good few times for UCD and would have loved him to go to Rovers back then.

The fact that Vinny keeps playing Hooban when he has only scored 7 goals in the league all season means he must rate the other aspects of his game beyond scoring goals, fair enough.
    Hooban is a very good LOI striker who could score a hat trick in the Aviva on the 3rd of November but i think Kelly is a great prospect and deserves more game time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Games improve players, but tbh Kelly has in general not fulfilled potential. He is a big lad that with decent service can score but there isnt the cut of a prolific goalscorer about him. Even when not scoring Hoban contributes a great deal more overall. Kelly doesnt have that in the locker going on what has been seen. Maybe a run in team where fans and management are patient he would improve but Imo he is more in the mould of Greene, Cummins ie players that Rovers want an improvement on. Hoban at least has shown what he is capable of when on form. This season is the exception than the rule for Hoban based on past season, for most others currently in the league, Kelly included, 10 goal average seasons would be reasonable return. Of course Kelly is a goal down based on RH's forensic analysis which will effect goal to game time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Fair enough you see a lot more of him then me, i would have thought he had a lot about him at UCD but maybe he has'nt progressed.
    Hopefully he will get a chance to get a run of games either at DFC or somewhere else, young players need to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

The fact that Vinny keeps playing Hooban when he has only scored 7 goals in the league all season means he must rate the other aspects of his game beyond scoring goals, fair enough.
    Patrick Hoban has scored 19 in all competitions this season and has contributed a huge amount of assists.

Journo James Rogers calculated previously that he either scored or assisted in 1 in every 3 goals scored this season.

He has been well removed from the incredible scoring rate he achieved last season, but his scoring record is far ahead of any player currently in the league

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Cummins was hardly a big gamble, being a loan signing to the end of the season.

The fact that someone at Rovers thought he could be effective for them was the surprising bit - but then Gary Shaw was also a regular starter!
    My bad wasnt aware he was a loan signing ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Karl Sheppard more or less confirming he won't be at Cork City next season,no great surprise I'd imagine but will be interesting to see where he'll end up. Shelbourne or Pats the most likely destinations if he stays in the league.......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Someone of that name would be a brilliant signing for Harps.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Karl Sheppard more or less confirming he won't be at Cork City next season,no great surprise I'd imagine but will be interesting to see where he'll end up. Shelbourne or Pats the most likely destinations if he stays in the league.......
    The only certainty is that it wont be Bohs anyway.

Lot`s of transfer rumours around Dalymount, too soon for a 2020 transfer rumours thread?

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Maybe things have changed since O'Donnell went in to management but as players they disliked eachother more than most in that Dundalk/Cork rivalry. I'd be surprised if O'Donnell would have his character type around. But who knows, good player are not penny a dozen and stranger things have happened.

Fenn sees a fellow pro manipulator and ships him out asap!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    The only certainty is that it wont be Bohs anyway.

Lot`s of transfer rumours around Dalymount, too soon for a 2020 transfer rumours thread?
    What rumours are these?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    What rumours are these?
    Certain defender to Dundalk, two players at the twilight of their career going to the Shels retirement home for ex Bohs stalwarts, one other defender also going to Shels, one promising signing from a provincial club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Certain defender to Dundalk, two players at the twilight of their career going to the Shels retirement home for ex Bohs stalwarts, one other defender also going to Shels, one promising signing from a provincial club.
    Dundalk are likely to be in the market for a left back, Bohs have two quality players there. Darragh Leahy's contract due to expire. Understandable speculation

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts

#NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Sheppard has stolen a wage from Cork since using Dundalk to get himself a better deal. Cork fans must be seriously disappointed with him.

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast