Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Shane Daly Bütz leaves Cork.
    The start of a badly needed culling of the squad in Cork. It could be a bit on the expensive side if players contracts need paying up but might be whats needed in the longer term to get things back in order and pressure off the playing budget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    The McDermott move seems a bit strange given how highly he touted he was not too long ago. Has the injury he suffered had that much of a lasting effect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Shane Daly Bütz leaves Cork.
    First time he played at Inchicore I thought the announcer had said "Deadly Buzz" 😀 (Insert Junkies joke here !)
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Galway United have signed Jack Lynch until the end of the season. 21 year old defender, son of Tommy Lynch, that has been playing Junior football with Regional United in Limerick but is probably better known to Waterford fans in League of Ireland circles anyway, made 10 or so appearances for them in 2017 in their First Division winning season. Suppose he was only 19 then.

Reached the FAI Junior Cup semi final with Regional this year, beating Sheriff but they got thrown out because one of their players didn't receive international clearance. Any Limerick or Waterford fans got an opinion on him?
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    https://www.the42.ie/cummins-could-l...88876-Jun2019/

Would be perfect for Pats with the 'style' of football we play. A big improvement on Gary Shaw, hopefully we're in for him.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    https://www.the42.ie/cummins-could-l...88876-Jun2019/

Would be perfect for Pats with the 'style' of football we play. A big improvement on Gary Shaw, hopefully we're in for him.
    I'll miss him if hes gone but would be good to get him off the wage budget. Its crazy how far we've fallen so fast.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I'll miss him if hes gone but would be good to get him off the wage budget. Its crazy how far we've fallen so fast.
    its crazy the amount of players ye have used so far this season and not midway!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Cummins must be on some money if they are trying to offload him, hes done ok for Cork, but they probably expected a lot better, and certainly more goals.

Amazing to think at the start of 2018 it was suggested by some whoever scores the most between him and Hoban would decide the league.

However it is indeed crazy how far Cork have fallen behind, I had thoughts they would put on a push at some point and challenge for the top 4, but you don’t get that impression now, mid table would seem to be their limits. It’s just the speed of the decline that caught everyone out, and it can’t be too optimistic about next season either, finances will determine that and a nucleus of 3 decent players could change things, but will they spend money I wonder, or will there be further cut backs given euro monies next season might be unlikely.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Cummins must be on some money if they are trying to offload him, hes done ok for Cork, but they probably expected a lot better, and certainly more goals.

Amazing to think at the start of 2018 it was suggested by some whoever scores the most between him and Hoban would decide the league.
    That's remarkably generous

Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post

However it is indeed crazy how far Cork have fallen behind, I had thoughts they would put on a push at some point and challenge for the top 4, but you don’t get that impression now, mid table would seem to be their limits. It’s just the speed of the decline that caught everyone out, and it can’t be too optimistic about next season either, finances will determine that and a nucleus of 3 decent players could change things, but will they spend money I wonder, or will there be further cut backs given euro monies next season might be unlikely.
    The gap to 4th (and probable Europa spot) is still only 7 points. The fact that there are 4 other teams to out-perform to get there is not insurmountable either if they can get a run going. The problem is that despite a modest "bounce" under JC2, there is no real sign of this happening to far.

If there is no Euro money next season and with the obvious deteriorating financial picture , the immediate outlook is poor especially with so many players out of contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    He may be the hatstand Rovers are after. Bohs would create plenty of chances for him and Pats fans think he would fit in to their style whatever that is at the moment, so I think Cork might be successful in offloading him. If reducing the wage bill is the main objective I doubt there will be too many signings unless they are from local junior clubs ala Mark O'Sullivan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Its not a great sign if Cork are trying to get rid of their only striker. Do they think Sheppard is going to play up there week in week out?

I wonder if this is a fake new story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Its not a great sign if Cork are trying to get rid of their only striker. Do they think Sheppard is going to play up there week in week out?

I wonder if this is a fake new story.
    Plenty of games Cummins hasn't started. It's just not working out for him. I'd say most would rather a young lad up there and the cash saved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Plenty of games Cummins hasn't started. It's just not working out for him. I'd say most would rather a young lad up there and the cash saved.
    Can't agree - Cummins still has 4 goals this season - if he managed 10 in the league and a goal in europe he would be value to us. I can't see the logic of letting him go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Can't agree - Cummins still has 4 goals this season - if he managed 10 in the league and a goal in europe he would be value to us. I can't see the logic of letting him go.
    If he is out of contract at the end of the season there is probably modest financial risk in retaining him in the hope that he will get some vital goals for Cork that could trigger a European push (the current 7 point gap to 4th place is achievable).

I can't see anything in the story that Rovers will sign him. While they are clearly in need of a hat stand/centre forward, Dan Carr is a more obvious choice to play there. Even the erratic Rovers management are hardly likely to offer an 18 month deal for Cummins and there is little motivation for him to move for a 4 month contract

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    ]

I saw in the Indo Rovers had signed Farrugia from UCD? Still out injured?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    ]

I saw in the Indo Rovers had signed Farrugia from UCD? Still out injured?
    Still injured, not signed but agreed to sign according to the Indo

Highly rated UCD winger Neil Farrugia has turned down the possibility of a move to England and agreed to join Shamrock Rovers.
    He is expected to formally sign an 18-month deal with the Hoops, but there are no plans to insert a clause that would facilitate a quick exit at the 12-month point.

Bohemians also tried to bring in the left-sided player, with an understanding that they would not stand in his way if the right offer came in.
    His UCD colleague Gary O'Neill will also be joining the title-chasing Tallaght side as Stephen Bradley looks to strengthen his squad. The long-serving midfielder has finished his degree at Belfield.
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-38236412.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    The striker thing at rovers is difficult, greene has scored 6 goals from play which puts him 1 behind Duffy, drinan and Dinny for the year, a lot of rovers supporters would say he is up there with jack Byrne for poty creating chances for others and getting plenty of assists but he does miss lots of chances no question.
    Is Cummins better overall ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The striker thing at rovers is difficult, greene has scored 6 goals from play which puts him 1 behind Duffy, drinan and Dinny for the year, a lot of rovers supporters would say he is up there with jack Byrne for poty creating chances for others and getting plenty of assists but he does miss lots of chances no question.
    Is Cummins better overall ??
    Not a huge fan of Cummins but would rate him a lot higher than Greene. Given the creativity at Shams the number of goals scored by Greene is very mediocre.
    The question for Shams is, is it worth spending another wedge on Cummins ? Second place pretty much nailed on and unless they beat Dundalk next week I think that’s as good as it will get. He’s not young so little chance of sell on value. While spending unnecessarily seems acceptable at Tallaght, it still seems a waste. Had they signed him at the start of the season he may have made a big difference but now I’m not so sure.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    He may be the hatstand Rovers are after. Bohs would create plenty of chances for him and Pats fans think he would fit in to their style whatever that is at the moment, so I think Cork might be successful in offloading him. If reducing the wage bill is the main objective I doubt there will be too many signings unless they are from local junior clubs ala Mark O'Sullivan.
    Rovers already have a hatstand but, given Bradley's recruiting policy in midfield, he may well be after another hatstand to stand in when our other hatstand can't stand any other hats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    We've got centre halves with more goals. And goals aside his overall contribution tends to be minimal. Not at all through lack of effort, his works hard, but his lack of pace and the lack of support coming in with him make him generally ineffective. He doesn't get enough breaking support from midfield and not enough high quality crosses to really see his strengths. I actually think he could do well at Rovers with their midfield and style.

But mostly it's outlay vs return. He's one of our most highly paid, and I don't think that's justified with our current financial situation

Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast