Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Can't say I'm too inspired about the signing of Shaw, obviously haven't seen him as much of him as Rovers fans have but I've never been too impressed nor worried when I've seen him play against us. We need strikers though and it's hard for any side to sign one from within the league that will kick you on as it is, so he might be the best under the circumstances and if nothing else a bit more of a presence than Jake Keegan.

Waterford would want to have rocks in their head to let Hery go. Their best performer and one of about 2 or 3 they actually have under contract at the moment.
    I would find that strange why Waterford would be interested in taking a player who has been injured for 3/4 of the season and swapping him with a a guy in a lot of people's team of the year even with a cash plus deal.

Ps Jack, with respect, Pats have to be realistic where they are, you finished 5th but only after a late surge, I think Shaw is a more than decent addition for Pats for 2019. If I was in a similar position as say when Dundalk were just OK under Foster (2010 and 2011) finishing 5th and 6th, I'd be having a player like this to improve things.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    You probably shouldn't get on your high horse over the non payment of transfer fees. I believe drawing blood from a stone was said to be easier than getting the compensation that we were owed for Colm Horgan from Cork.
    I had heard that took a while to resolve but it was resolved eventually. Drinan left us in very strange circumstances last summer and Waterford have still not paid what is owed. I don't know if the Browne situation has been resolve but if not then that is over 18 months now

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Dobbs is actually from us. Very good for us underage, went to wexford on loan for school reasons I think (?) and seemed to struggle but didn't have much around him in his defence so I'd be happy enough with him if I were you guys
    yeah hes from enniscorthy i think!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Ps Jack, with respect, Pats have to be realistic where they are, you finished 5th but only after a late surge, I think Shaw is a more than decent addition for Pats for 2019. If I was in a similar position as say when Dundalk were just OK under Foster (2010 and 2011) finishing 5th and 6th, I'd be having a player like this to improve things.
    For sure, I definitely don't have any delusions about the level of player we should be signing - we were extremely "lucky" to finish 5th this season after all.

More so echoing the point of the general lack of strikers in the league that guarantee you goals. That's probably the one thing we lacked this season more than anything and as much as I agree Shaw's a better option than what we had he still doesn't necessarily promise that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Gotta love silly season! Hery and Aborah were both very impressed that every team in the Premier Division tried to play passing football....except Cork. Neither has good things to say about how they play. Bastien is a baller - can't wait to see him with us again next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    For sure, I definitely don't have any delusions about the level of player we should be signing - we were extremely "lucky" to finish 5th this season after all.

More so echoing the point of the general lack of strikers in the league that guarantee you goals. That's probably the one thing we lacked this season more than anything and as much as I agree Shaw's a better option than what we had he still doesn't necessarily promise that.

A late surge can ofcourse help your final position but it can sometimes be misleading going into the following season. Dundalk finished 5th** from 10 in the bizzare Sean Conor single season of 2009, but only for a last day win and 2 other odd results we were heading for 8th, 7th at best. This was backed up by 6th and 7th finishes (from 12) the two seasons after.

** that 5th finish incredibly qualified Dundalk for Europe as both Cork and Derry were relegated / removed to FD.

Back on actual signings, seems Dundalk are interested in taking Aaran McCarey from Warrenpoint to replace Sava. Still appears to be links on McEneff, but not on Sadlier, I'd think he'll have options in L1 or possibly championship. I don't get the Hery link at all. He's under contract, Waterford would be looking for serious money.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    A late surge can ofcourse help your final position but it can sometimes be misleading going into the following season. Dundalk finished 5th** from 10 in the bizzare Sean Conor single season of 2009, but only for a last day win and 2 other odd results we were heading for 8th, 7th at best. This was backed up by 6th and 7th finishes (from 12) the two seasons after.

** that 5th finish incredibly qualified Dundalk for Europe as both Cork and Derry were relegated / removed to FD.

Back on actual signings, seems Dundalk are interested in taking Aaran McCarey from Warrenpoint to replace Sava. Still appears to be links on McEneff, but not on Sadlier, I'd think he'll have options in L1 or possibly championship. I don't get the Hery link at all. He's under contract, Waterford would be looking for serious money.
    saw the northern ireland coverage at weekend and saw McCarey make a top class save from a peno for Warrenpoint... he would be a great signing for Dundalk!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Hery on instagram thingy - “Here’s to another season @waterfordfc 🔵”

People seemingly heard Hery’s interview on LOIweekly and got excited as he mentioned about clubs in Europe paying players for 52 weeks. Then automatically assumed he was fishing for a move away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    That's a fake account Suly.

Bastien_Hery (the fake that posted it) has 168 followers.
    BastienHery (real) has 1,653 followers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Noel Hunt set to take up the assistant managers role at Swindon. Sighhh 😔

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    That's a fake account Suly.

Bastien_Hery (the fake that posted it) has 168 followers.
    BastienHery (real) has 1,653 followers.
    The account BastienHery last posted before the account with Bastien_Hery a/c posted its first post. Plus past and present team mates also liked the post. Looks like his new account to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Bohs sign Conor Levingston from Wolves and James Talbot from Sunderland.

https://twitter.com/bfcdublin/status...404465154?s=21

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Declan Devine confirmed back as Derry manager.

Kevin Deery and Marty McCann in his backroom team.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    A late surge can ofcourse help your final position but it can sometimes be misleading going into the following season.
    Not sure where you're getting the late surge from. We were between 5th and 7th for most of the season if memory serves me right, in fact we probably spent most time in fifth (though I'm no statto so open to correction there.)Anyway, it's not like we surged up three or four places in the last few weeks. You could equally say that were it not for a rotten run mid season we could have been close to challenging for Europe. (Not saying we deserved that btw, as they say the table doesn't lie and I think where we finished was about right.)
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Noel Hunt set to take up the assistant managers role at Swindon. Sighhh 😔
    How did he do for ye?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

Good to see the two lads resigning as well, McCourt looked very tidy in the Pats game and could well have a role either in defence or midfield. Mageurson has been very unlucky with injuries so hopeful get an injury free run to finally fulfill the bags of potential he has shown in his stop/start career to date.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    How did he do for ye?
    Think he’ll be a big loss, there isn’t much in terms of quality strikers in the league. He pushed us over the line to get the fourth spot. Hoping we get Duffus permanently and get him firing again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

Keeper looks like a replacement for Supple who has announced his retirement due to ongoing injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Huge news to see Supple retire. Big loss to Bohs. Best goalkeeper in the league by some distance.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Huge news to see Supple retire. Big loss to Bohs. Best goalkeeper in the league by some distance.
    Yes, big loss. Great keeper and a team leader on and off the field.

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast