Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Daniel Mandroiu, Brighton Under 23 Creative midfielder,signed by Bohs, Oscar Brenna , Creatine midfielder signed by Shels from Bohs.
    Have Shels a complete set of Bohs action man figures at this stage?
    Live look at Oscar Brennan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mon the Town!

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Shels look like they are betting the ranch on getting promoted.
    With Limerick in all sorts of trouble and St Joesephs boys a non event the teams coming down may be no great shakes , real chance for Drogs/Longford/Galway to come up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Daniel Mandroiu, Brighton Under 23 Creative midfielder,signed by Bohs, Oscar Brenna , Creatine midfielder signed by Shels from Bohs.
    They are just getting used to the role of Bohemian FC second team I believe Shels are about to announce a new away jersey with Johnny Logan's picture on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    Live look at Oscar Brennan
    Dundalk's much lauded fitness and conditioning regime unmasked and yes we believe that is just sugar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    We sure your man Doyle ex-shams didn't leave without their security sussing him out for a chequebook and a wadge of notes in his phoca.
    Shels spending like its 2001/2/3......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Shels look like they are betting the ranch on getting promoted.

Shels have no assets now so nothing to lose. If it leads to promotion, fine and dandy, if they crash and burn, re -form and walk away from their debts.

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    I remember looking at one of their match reports towards the end of last season and counted 7 or possibly even 8 lads they had signed directly from Bohs, including the goalie and the whole back 4. And since then they've added Dan Byrne, Brennan and Morris as their manager.

How funny would it be next season if they have a starting 11 and a manager all signed from the same club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts

Shels have no assets now so nothing to lose. If it leads to promotion, fine and dandy, if they crash and burn, re -form and walk away from their debts.
    Main tenants in the new Dalyer with Bohs in the first division, you guys won't listen to me about the conspiracy , My tinfoil hat allows me to think clearly about it.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Main tenants in the new Dalyer with Bohs in the first division, you guys won't listen to me about the conspiracy , My tinfoil hat allows me to think clearly about it.
    Pity your tinfoil hat didn't help you when you (obviously) fell on your head At least if they do come up Shels players will know all about beating shams.Or maybe shams will go down AGAIN to meet them in the First Division

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Are you taking lessons from Trump?
    Projecting your own clubs insecurities onto others...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    real chance for Drogs/Longford/Galway to come up.
    We'll be lucky to improve on last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Johnny Ward saying a possibility Chris Forrester returning to the league next season......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Are you taking lessons from Trump?
    Projecting your own clubs insecurities onto others...
    Just acknowledging shams know more (First hand) about relegation than Bohs do.😉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    I listened to you and wouldn’t be surprised if that pox of a club wanted it to happen. My only point with you was that it was a high risk, low reward strategy and would have the same likelihood as one of us winning a 6 or 7 bet accumulator on one bet.

Anyway, they’ll just go bust again at some point. They should focus on growing their fan base not their squad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

What debts are Shels accumulating? The club is debt free and further to that Andrew Doyle has put his own money into the club. If any situation ever arises that Shels re-formed under any new entity it would have no guarantee that DCC would let any new entity play at the new Dalymount
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    I remember looking at one of their match reports towards the end of last season and counted 7 or possibly even 8 lads they had signed directly from Bohs, including the goalie and the whole back 4. And since then they've added Dan Byrne, Brennan and Morris as their manager.

How funny would it be next season if they have a starting 11 and a manager all signed from the same club.
    Two part-time Dublin clubs within close proximity of each other seeing a turnover of local players between both clubs is not unusual. Also some of those players like Delany, Fitzgerald, Kavanagh from last season played for Shels before they signed for Bohs
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Johnny Ward saying a possibility Chris Forrester returning to the league next season......
    Would love him back at Pats (obviously) but it will be Dundalk or Rovers if he comes back. He's a big Bohs fan so he'd probably prefer Dundalk. Surprised it didn't work out for him in the UK, he has all the talent. Managers over there obviously prefer workhorses over skilful players, particularly at the lower levels.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    What debts are Shels accumulating? The club is debt free and further to that Andrew Doyle has put his own money into the club. If any situation ever arises that Shels re-formed under any new entity it would have no guarantee that DCC would let any new entity play at the new Dalymount
    So Doyle is spending his own money, not soft recoverable loans, to purchase !?

I can understand the Rovers, Dundalk and Waterford investors/ owners pumping money in.I can also understand Kelleher keeping Pats competitive given his property investment(the ground) is worth a fortune at this stage. Add Cork into the mix and Shels would have to outspend those clubs (min 700 k pa for players) to get a euro place up against those clubs, and one or two others, after promotion , should it happen.Thats a min of probably 1 million in two years.? Other than European qualification or a genuine soccer academy live export business, there is no significant money to be made by any investor in the league.
    However if the investment is for the love of the game with no associated repayment or charge on future profits/ income , fair play to him

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Would love him back at Pats (obviously) but it will be Dundalk or Rovers if he comes back. He's a big Bohs fan so he'd probably prefer Dundalk. Surprised it didn't work out for him in the UK, he has all the talent. Managers over there obviously prefer workhorses over skilful players, particularly at the lower levels.
    I go to a good bit of Scottish football as I’m over there a good bit. Do take in random games across all the leagues. The standard of football is non existent as in its 110% all about physicality. Now don’t get me wrong, that can actually make some of the games very entertaining to watch as a moment of magic is just as likely as a horrendous mistake at the back with plenty of huge tackles and big collisions thrown in, its a bit of a train wreck but there’s very little room for players like Forrester or Horgan in Scottish football

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I go to a good bit of Scottish football as I’m over there a good bit. Do take in random games across all the leagues. The standard of football is non existent as in its 110% all about physicality. Now don’t get me wrong, that can actually make some of the games very entertaining to watch as a moment of magic is just as likely as a horrendous mistake at the back with plenty of huge tackles and big collisions thrown in, its a bit of a train wreck but there’s very little room for players like Forrester or Horgan in Scottish football
    Tim Clancy was on LOI Weekly a few months ago saying exactly the opposite. He was saying that English lower leagues emphasize athleticism etc whereas Scotland is less athletic but more technical. Now I don't know what to believe...

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast