Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Bradley's said a few times in the media that there's budget there if the right player comes along. Crowds are probably ahead of projection plus Cardiff presumably paid a loan fee for Bolger.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    I don't see why people think players have to leave to make money available, our average attendance are up by 800+ this season, money there to increase the budget.
    I can't remember when Bone got injured it seams like he has been out all season so a loan move for him makes sense, Coustrain doesn't get much game time as it is with Farrugia
    signing he probably wouldn't get on the pitch at all.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    A lot of concern being shown here for Rovers budget but who's moving on from Dundalk to make room for Boyle? Folan has been rumoured but nothing that has seemed very certain. Dundalk probably have as much, if not more, of a backlog of centre backs as Rovers do in midfield.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    A lot of concern being shown here for Rovers budget but who's moving on from Dundalk to make room for Boyle? Folan has been rumoured but nothing that has seemed very certain. Dundalk probably have as much, if not more, of a backlog of centre backs as Rovers do in midfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Hardly an enormous if to think he might get 6 more league goals this season, he has 4 goals in 12 starts so far (5 sub) - there is still 15 games to go and he did score the last day. People are too quick to write him off - our problems lie deeper on the field.
    Not if he scores 6, I could certainly see that happening. If those 6 were enough to get us into Europe or in a Euro game. That's what I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Not a fan of letting Cummins go. Sure he hasn't been prolific but the service hasn't been great. But who at the club is a better no. 9 @soccerlady? Shep? No. Crowley? No. Etc.

I get the value for money argument, but in a ccfc best 11 at the moment, Cummins is no. 9 IMO.
    I don't think the club has a no. 9 currently that suits us and how we are playing. It's not that others are better, it's purely the value. I don't think there's value in Cummins atm. I wouldn't be shouting to get rid of him, but I'm not going to be upset if he goes.

There have been games we could have played no one up there and it'd have made little difference given the about of useful ball going up there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Folan will be moved on I'd imagine, but he wouldn't be on the same wage as Boyle. You won't find any Dundalk fan who will disagree that we have the biggest budget, it's all relative. I'm just waiting for a particular Rovers fan to come on and claim how these signings actually lower Rovers budget and it's now the 5th highest in the league

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Folan will be moved on I'd imagine, but he wouldn't be on the same wage as Boyle. You won't find any Dundalk fan who will disagree that we have the biggest budget, it's all relative. I'm just waiting for a particular Rovers fan to come on and claim how these signings actually lower Rovers budget and it's now the 5th highest in the league
    Average attendances are up 900 this season so far with Dundalk, Pats and Bohs plus Europe to come so you'd hope it would at least maintain those levels. That's an extra €200,000 if you assume budgets were based on last seasons attendances so I'd guess something was added to the playing budget but there was also rumours that Rovers started the season below the wage budget so maybe it was always there.

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Drinan if we are to bring in a striker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    As mentioned above its almost certain that Folan will leave during July, which leaves Hoare/Gartland/Cleary/Boyle as the choices in central defence, I would see Hoare as the one who will remain first choice during July as Boyle gets match fit.

Long term I would say it will be Hoare /Boyle as the two, that would be my choice in the middle, although they will rotate it and more so if its a longer european run. Boyle is on a 3.5 year deal also.

Good choices to have, and all 4 offer a nice balance too.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    As mentioned above its almost certain that Folan will leave during July, which leaves Hoare/Gartland/Cleary/Boyle as the choices in central defence, I would see Hoare as the one who will remain first choice during July as Boyle gets match fit.

Long term I would say it will be Hoare /Boyle as the two, that would be my choice in the middle, although they will rotate it and more so if its a longer european run. Boyle is on a 3.5 year deal also.

Good choices to have, and all 4 offer a nice balance too.
    Derry or Larne in for Folan according to reports.

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/f...ntly-1-8974981

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    In the latest Akinade twist hes gone and signed for Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, wonder what odds Paddy Power would have given for that happening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Akinade has joined Ho Chi Minh City FC in Vietnam.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Derry or Larne in for Folan according to reports.

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/f...ntly-1-8974981
    The fact it says in that article that he hasn't played since May 2018 really highlights the need for a reserves league or even for the senior leagues to be forced to accept reserve loi teams being entered.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    In the latest Akinade twist hes gone and signed for Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, wonder what odds Paddy Power would have given for that happening
    Indo reports he left the country voluntarily ahead of a deportation order: https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-38261275.html
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    The fact it says in that article that he hasn't played since May 2018 really highlights the need for a reserves league or even for the senior leagues to be forced to accept reserve loi teams being entered.
    We had a reserve league. It was the bigger clubs that voted to get rid of it.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Its truly amazing people defend Akinade and wish him luck. Its a real stain on our league, especially for Bohs and Waterford.

People can deny reality all they want, but they are doing just that. All they are doing is giving fuel to far-right elements by not having the balls to call it as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Its truly amazing people defend Akinade and wish him luck. Its a real stain on our league, especially for Bohs and Waterford.

People can deny reality all they want, but they are doing just that. All they are doing is giving fuel to far-right elements by not having the balls to call it as it is.
    Who's defending him or wishing him well? Not on here, anyway?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post

I like the latest one deported for "a driving offence" if you don't laugh you'll cry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I like the latest one deported for "a driving offence" if you don't laugh you'll cry.
    I read through the court judgement and it seems that the driving offenses (driving uninsured and without a license while awaiting sentencing) did have an impact, these were used as indicators that he was more likely to re-offend. I wonder how stupid you can be to commit such silly (and dangerous) crimes while awaiting sentencing for something far more serious, another judge might have seen this as good reason to not suspend his sentence.

The driving offences weren't why a deportation order was issued but they contributed to it, that is to say, he would never have been deported if all he had done was get caught driving without a license and insurance, but if he had kept his nose clean perhaps he might have won his appeal against deportation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Pleads guilty to several offences with a little girl.

Judged to be at Moderate risk of re-offending.

Moves to South East Asia....

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    These posts aren't going to last...but the deportation thing and his "serious criminal offence", is now a matter of public record, via the Indo.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast