Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Irish youth international and previously West Brom and Inverness, Zack Elbouzedi signs for Waterford

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Dan Casey and Gary Comerford are a pair of smart signings. Casey is likely to be an automatic choice at centre back and Comerford should challenge Shane Griffin for left back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    He's off to America. We knew it was going to happen but it's sad to see him go. One of my all time favourite city players, couldn't fault him for attitude, commitment and effort.
    I think if I was a player in his shoes I'd definitely pick the US option over say league 1 in uk. Playing at the second tier on the US is not bad at all, decent climate too if you join one of the sides in the southern states. No brainier to me, best of luck to him, decent player.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Beatties 6wytier goodbye has City fans in bits. He's a good footballer, but he's 10 times the leager/character you want around. Would run through a wall for you without a second thought. He's become a legend down here, and will be sorely missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Dan Casey and Gary Comerford are a pair of smart signings. Casey is likely to be an automatic choice at centre back and Comerford should challenge Shane Griffin for left back
    Caulfield today referred to Comerford as playing left midfield 😳

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Positions mean nothing to Caulfield. He likes players that can play roughly 6 positions. Just ask Jimmy Keohane. He thought he was a central midfielder. He's played centre mid, right back, right wing, no. 10 and even up front that one really weird time.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    McNamee is definitely leaving. I had hoped we might be able to get Bolger back and would gladly swap him for McCormack but that is not an option now. I still think McCormack is a good player but Bolger would have offered us something we missed badly this year.
    Bolger was basically on a two-year from last year and Bradley clearly had no intention of letting him go.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    This signing is to address our problem at left back IMO. I actually think he'll go straight in there. He was superb against us in our first game this season at the RSC.
    Is Griffin that bad? I know he made the mistake in the cup final but anytime I've seen him (which obviously isn't an awful lot) he looks very tidy and has the physicality to mix it with any attacking player. I'd say he's one of the best full-backs in the league but apparently people can't say that anymore!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Is Griffin that bad? I know he made the mistake in the cup final but anytime I've seen him (which obviously isn't an awful lot) he looks very tidy and has the physicality to mix it with any attacking player. I'd say he's one of the best full-backs in the league but apparently people can't say that anymore!
    Easily top 20 in the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Griffin is an absolute liability! He's be grand as a winger but he can't defend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Easily top 20 in the league
    Or top 50 in Tallaght 😎

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    He lost possession on the half way line after getting a lazy pass back from the golden boy Sadlier. Griffin has been unfairly vilified by Cork fans, who seem to ignore that no one followed McEleney's run and McCormacks inability to watch what was going on around him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    He lost possession on the half way line after getting a lazy pass back from the golden boy Sadlier. Griffin has been unfairly vilified by Cork fans, who seem to ignore that no one followed McEleney's run and McCormacks inability to watch what was going on around him.
    Nonsense. We were attacking and Griffin lost the ball, again. He did it over and over and has done it all season long. He has left us in those positions all season long. Hence the frustration.

He wasn't the only one at fault, the run not being tracked was criminal, but to try to blame Sadlier is rubbish.

Teams have targeted Griffin all season, hes an obvious weak link defensively and incredibly frustrating to watch every week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Granted Griffin did lose the ball in the lead up to the winning goal, but I would also agree McCormack was far too slow to react to McEleney’s run, and Sadlier can’t be blameless either as he almost walked back after giving the pass in the first place.

As for Griffin, harsh to label all the blame on him, didn’t he clear off the line a few minutes after the penalty from Gartland’s header, and that was going in too.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I see Gary Shaw has joined pats.
    A thoroughly nice fella and a honest hard-working player who always gave his best when playing for Rovers.
    I didn't work out for him at Rovers last year but I'd like to think there would be no negative feeling towards him when we play pats next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Not a chance of negative stuff. He was popular player a dtried his heart out. Can't blame him for signing for pats he had to play for someone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Granted Griffin did lose the ball in the lead up to the winning goal, but I would also agree McCormack was far too slow to react to McEleney’s run, and Sadlier can’t be blameless either as he almost walked back after giving the pass in the first place.

As for Griffin, harsh to label all the blame on him, didn’t he clear off the line a few minutes after the penalty from Gartland’s header, and that was going in too.
    Nobody has labeled all the blame on Griff, but the difference is Griff does this sort of thing every game. Its natural for fand to get frustrated at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Apart from the lazy pass bit, this is bang on the money. Morrisey was having his best game of the season before he went off - we were exposed in the aftermath.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Cork are being busy with a few signings already, I think I saw another last night, a local lad getting a pro contract. I think they made a flurry of signings around the same time last year, at that point when they got Barry and McNamee in, I thought they would both have a major impact in their season. The former hardly featured and the latter must have thought it was just a waste of his time going down.

Genuine question for Cork fans, why didn’t McNamee have an impact, I know Barry made a good few mistakes early season and fell off the radar, but he was a quality player going down, and I was thinking of him with Dundalk. However McNamee should really have done better, was it a case of JC not wanting to change his MF set up or playing him out of position or just a case of it didn’t work out for a variety of reasons which ended up with that reported falling out around Sept?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    poor Jamie McGrath

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast