Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Done the whole pre season and started the first game,its strange .......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Can't sign for anyone until July now anyway. It's a strange one, but by all accounts he was poor in Dalymount last week and midfield is one area we've plenty of options, so it's no real loss
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Has the transfer deadline passed? Wasn’t paying too much attention to it. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up back with us at some stage alright.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Can't sign for anyone until July now anyway. It's a strange one, but by all accounts he was poor in Dalymount last week and midfield is one area we've plenty of options, so it's no real loss
    Cancelled his contract before the window shut afaik. Would be free to sign for anyone now in that case

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Cancelled his contract before the window shut afaik. Would be free to sign for anyone now in that case
    was yesterday the shutting of the window outspoken?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    yes window closed

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Mark Russell signed for us last with Falkirk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Sam Verdon signs for Longford,we'll always have those beautiful 81 minutes in Dalymount .......

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Was there a risk of a third club signing with Verdon? Even if a player signs from club a to club b and then back to a will that still count as 3 clubs in a specified period. I presume cancelling a contract doesnt help with limiting the number of clubs that can be signed for either? Not suggesting that this is the case here just a general question!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Was there a risk of a third club signing with Verdon? Even if a player signs from club a to club b and then back to a will that still count as 3 clubs in a specified period. I presume cancelling a contract doesnt help with limiting the number of clubs that can be signed for either? Not suggesting that this is the case here just a general question!
    I believe the Farrelly situation from years back clarified this eventually. The three clubs in a season is no longer based on the 'traditional' season but context dependent. So Verdon has only played for two clubs this season and that would have been the same had he joined a club other than Longford. He could hypothetically join a team in NI in July because that would be a new season.

13. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Sam Verdon signs for Longford,we'll always have those beautiful 81 minutes in Dalymount .......
    Great to have him back he did very well for us last season. I assume he couldn’t hack the travelling. I always thought it was an odd choice for him for that reason. Daniel O’Reilly has nobody to be sharing the travel with now so I don’t see him lasting beyond this season.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Great to have him back he did very well for us last season. I assume he couldn’t hack the travelling. I always thought it was an odd choice for him for that reason. Daniel O’Reilly has nobody to be sharing the travel with now so I don’t see him lasting beyond this season.
    Daniel O'Reilly shares with coach William O'Connor who's a teacher in Dublin and presumably Sean Boyd now on loan from Shamrock Rovers.

There's no indication of him being unhappy, where Verdon seemed to throw the toys out of the pram after one awful performance against Bohs.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Daniel O'Reilly shares with coach William O'Connor who's a teacher in Dublin and presumably Sean Boyd now on loan from Shamrock Rovers.

There's no indication of him being unhappy, where Verdon seemed to throw the toys out of the pram after one awful performance against Bohs.
    You should work for Leo with spin like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    O'Reilly been excellent since he came in ,dosent look out of place in the Premier division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    You should work for Leo with spin like that.
    Which part is wrong? O'Reilly sharing a lift or Verdon ringing Fenn after the Bohs game asking could he come back to Longford?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Which part is wrong? O'Reilly sharing a lift or Verdon ringing Fenn after the Bohs game asking could he come back to Longford?
    Definitely should be working for the government with wire tapping skills like that

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Stephen O Donnell rumored to have been training the last week with the first team (Prob as an emergency)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Mountney out now, Murray and McGrath carrying a knocks and having to play, Flores well off the pace currently, no sign of Jarvis in the match squad considering we are short at the moment, McEleney and Benson out longterm. 7 not fully fit players that can slot in to central midfielder!! We havent seen much of McKee though at least he has been training before being taken in on loan. I dont think we named a full bench of subs tonight. So having O'Donnell registered and train is sensible. Just goes to show that even the biggest squad can be stretched. If Shields were to pick up a knock we'd be rightly in trouble!! Even Dummigan came on and played right wing I think v UCD toward the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Mountney out now, Murray and McGrath carrying a knocks and having to play, Flores well off the pace currently, no sign of Jarvis in the match squad considering we are short at the moment, McEleney and Benson out longterm. 7 not fully fit players that can slot in to central midfielder!! We havent seen much of McKee though at least he has been training before being taken in on loan. I dont think we named a full bench of subs tonight. So having O'Donnell registered and train is sensible. Just goes to show that even the biggest squad can be stretched. If Shields were to pick up a knock we'd be rightly in trouble!! Even Dummigan came on and played right wing I think v UCD toward the end.
    Dylan Hand moved to the subs bench following Mounts injury and his replacement,Dano Kelly.Dano got replaced by Dummigan(90). and Georgie got on for Hoban(88). I thought the subs were frustrating as hell - unless you're of the mind-set that we hold what we have.Thought Georgie should have got a decent run.(25mins)

Mid-week friendly perhaps? (to give the likes of Dummigan,Flores and McKee etc.. a run out for fitness.
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 02/03/2019 at 5:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    What is the story with Gavan Holohan? He's isn't signed with anyone is he?Seemed to do very well for Waterford last season.
    He's just signed for Hartlepool this week. He had planned to move to England anyway I heard. He was decent last season and got a few good goals from midfield.

Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast