Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Connolly has one good game against us for Bray, so much so that Horgan got sent off for taking him down after he got away from him one too many times on the wing. I’m convinced Kenny only signed him due to that performance.
    I’m delighted he’s gone and shocked that another club is paying a fee for him.
    Sounds similar to the way Baba Isaka was signed lol - pity we didnt manage to get a fee offloading him. It's possible that he could do ok at Wimbledon/L1 where tactics focus on physical attributes rather than having a footballing brain. They've obviously scouted him and decided he fits somehow even if it is just his pace keeping a fullback staying deep.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    What's Waterford's squad looking like at the moment? Off the top of my head I get the impression that there's still a lot of work to be done, though I know in some cases they've gone about re-signing players quite quietly so I'm not sure if their numbers are quite as bare as I think they are.
    Currently signed.

Waterford FC - Squad 2019

GK:

Matt Connor

DF:

Rory Feely
    Maxim Kouogun
    Kevin Lynch
    Damien Delaney

MF:

John Martin
    Bastien Hery
    JJ Lunney
    Shane Duggan
    Cory Galvin
    Zach Elbouzedi

FW:

Ismahil Akinade
    Dean Walsh

I’d expect a keeper, 3 more defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers to be signed.

That could include promoting u19’s to pro contracts and loaning them out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Does seem small on numbers considering most teams are starting up pre-season now. Seeing as they've not signed for anyone else I'd expect the likes of Browne and Holohan to sign back but otherwise it does look like you'll be reliant on signings from outside of Ireland to finish off the squad. Worked well last season mind but always a bit of a risky game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Wally Downes is manager at Wimbledon but was a coach at Reading when Stephen Hunt was there! Hunt is Connollys Agent so there's the link to why he's gone there!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Does seem small on numbers considering most teams are starting up pre-season now. Seeing as they've not signed for anyone else I'd expect the likes of Browne and Holohan to sign back but otherwise it does look like you'll be reliant on signings from outside of Ireland to finish off the squad. Worked well last season mind but always a bit of a risky game.
    I think there will be a general increase in signings from outside of ireland this and coming seasons. Scouting networks and contacts abroad are getting a lot more extensive. A good thing imo as long as it doesnt follow how far things have gone in England/Scotland where it is cheaper/quick fix to bring in lads from abroad rather than through a youth system. Rovers probably being the exception being well ahead of other clubs on their youth academy. Loan deals didnt help Waterford last season with the risk of players being recalled in the summer and they were already a bit light in numbers. I'd expect that Dundalk will probably have a couple of signings in that are not in the known category. Rovers will be trawling Europe for a striker with the dearth of available quality strikers on the island, there's a chap called Tagbajumi that's a serious talent that Rovers would be mad not to have a serious look at!! Maybe McMillan being one of the few knowns that could move home. Sheridan could take a punt on LoI if he give up the journeyman. There are quailty players in the Baltic leagues where the average player wage would be higher here among the top half sides. That teams are starting to go FT will help attract players in. Its already been a curious preseason at Dundalk and there is plenty of time before the season kicks off yet!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Sheridan could take a punt on LoI if he give up the journeyman.
    Cillian Sheridan wont be gracing LoI this season (well at least not before the July transfer window) as he is heading for New Zealand

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...enix-1.3746758

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Just because they aren’t announced doesn’t mean they aren’t signed. We started back pre season training yesterday and there was more than 13 there.

I’d imagine there will be a few loan players coming from England. That’s been the case the last two seasons... I suppose that makes the budget to sign players a bit bigger.

I’m not convinced Browne and Holohan will be back.. I’ve been told Browne may be finished playing. Hard to know though. Maybe these are things been said to try squeeze better deals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    No imminent return to Ireland for Padraig Amond as he triggers a contract extension at Newport

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46752515

Are there any other Irish strikers abroad who may fancy a return home?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Will be interesting to see what system Perth plays next season for Dundalk, but it would be a major surprise if he moves away from the set up that SK had. This would mean Hoban being the lone striker, but effectively this is a front 3 of Duffy-Hoban-Dan Kelly.

As good as that looks, this leaves only Georgie Kelly as a back up striker, as Murray will need replacing and I think he will also go for another winger as back up to either Duffy or Dan Kelly.

Forrester would be a major signing, remains to be seen if Aberdeen would cut their loses in a reduced transfer fee (hes under contract for 2 more years min I think) if they wanted to offload him? I still can’t see him coming back, but rumours suggest he wants home.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Will be interesting to see what system Perth plays next season for Dundalk, but it would be a major surprise if he moves away from the set up that SK had. This would mean Hoban being the lone striker, but effectively this is a front 3 of Duffy-Hoban-Dan Kelly.

As good as that looks, this leaves only Georgie Kelly as a back up striker, as Murray will need replacing and I think he will also go for another winger as back up to either Duffy or Dan Kelly.

Forrester would be a major signing, remains to be seen if Aberdeen would cut their loses in a reduced transfer fee (hes under contract for 2 more years min I think) if they wanted to offload him? I still can’t see him coming back, but rumours suggest he wants home.
    I would be amazed if he moved away from the normal tactical line up, although Daniel Kelly is far from sure of his place with Jamie McGrath and John Mountney also in contention for that position

The fitness and form of Karolis Chvedukas and Sam Byrne are unknowns in the overall picture, but a number of signings are to be expected to provide competition and strength in the midfield area in particular.

So far:

Aaron McCarey in for Gabrial Sava
    Daniel Kelly in for Dyland Connolly

Ronan Murray and Georgie Poyton are gone elsewhere and Stephen O'Donnell is not currently resigned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Some interesting names in the PFAI team this evening. Namely Treacy again and now Garvan popping up.

Check out @PFAIOfficial’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/PFAIOfficial/sta...303907840?s=09

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I would be amazed if he moved away from the normal tactical line up, although Daniel Kelly is far from sure of his place with Jamie McGrath and John Mountney also in contention for that position

The fitness and form of Karolis Chvedukas and Sam Byrne are unknowns in the overall picture, but a number of signings are to be expected to provide competition and strength in the midfield area in particular.

So far:

Ronan Murray and Georgie Poyton are gone elsewhere and Stephen O'Donnell is not currently resigned
    Dundalk back training tomorrow (we will know about Stevie O signing a years deal by then im hearing)

He has been about town last day or 2, so Id imagine we will hear one way or another

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

So far:

Forgot all about Sam Byrne as a striker option and I`d say most DFC fans have too, esp after his unsucessful loan spell at Glentoran.

Dan Kelly by far not guaranteed a starting spot, but as a front 3 its not a bad option.

Be good if O'Donnell proves his fitness to get offered a deal, i`d say 12 months would be most likely.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Some interesting names in the PFAI team this evening. Namely Treacy again and now Garvan popping up.

Check out @PFAIOfficial’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/PFAIOfficial/sta...303907840?s=09
    dylan mcglade wasnt on the list as hes over in uk again more than likely visiting his gf in Gateshead. wouldnt be surprised if he resigns with us!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Ian Turner signed for Cobh

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Shels have signed Ciaran Kilduff. They should be walking the league this year.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Kilduff joins Shels. Very good signing for them, they have a D1 strong squad. Between them and Bray?

Are Drogheda close?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    $hel$ back in business.

Ollie would be a happy man to see this sort of craic.

They have to be throwing out serious money to keep the likes of Kilduff, Conan Byrne and the likes in the First Division.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Kilduff wouldnt have been the worst option for Rovers when they are looking for a frontman. He is not super clinical but is better than whats there. There must be other irons in the fire at Tallaght. Kilduff, with that Shels squad would be a reasonable bet for Div 1 top scorer. Not just Rovers, h'ed be a stronger option than Cummins and had a decent loan spell in Cork before?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Kilduff wouldnt have been the worst option for Rovers when they are looking for a frontman. He is not super clinical but is better than whats there. There must be other irons in the fire at Tallaght. Kilduff, with that Shels squad would be a reasonable bet for Div 1 top scorer. Not just Rovers, h'ed be a stronger option than Cummins and had a decent loan spell in Cork before?
    You must not have watched many Dundalk games. Kilduff (although a hero for the Alkmarr and Tel Aviv games) was bang average for Dundalk

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast