Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GerByrne001 View Post
    William Hondermarck moves from Drogheda to Norwich.
    Have his eligibility issues for Ireland been sorted out? Didn't he get called up for the 19s but didn't have a passport?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    Waterford In:

Damien Delaney (Cork City)
    Interesting move. I wonder what Cork fans make of him at this point - is he over-the-hill or was the abject performance against Bohs just an aberration for an otherwise classy footballer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Dylan Connolly has joined AFC Wimbledon for an undisclosed fee.

https://www.dundalkfc.com/connolly-departs-oriel/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Interesting move. I wonder what Cork fans make of him at this point - is he over-the-hill or was the abject performance against Bohs just an aberration for an otherwise classy footballer?
    WHat age are you ffs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I think he's over the hill. Clearly has the footballing quality, but just so so slow. Doesn't know the league well enough to compensate for it like Benno does.

I'm not disappointed we signed him, was worth the shot, but surprised waterford have.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

Speed and nothing else. He'll get found out quickly over there.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    For a couple of months at Bray a few seasons ago Connolly really did look great, I remember he was frighteningly good at Richmond one night essentially playing as a striker. Between the start of the following season and his move to Dundalk he seems to have just descended into being a pace merchant, and not even a particularly effective one at that. Strange one but all the best to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    I would say I find it amazing not surprising that Waterford signed Delaney, also not sure he was worth the shot actually at Cork, he must have been on decent money, and he turned 37 I think shortly after coming over, not to mention at that time they desperately needed a striker, not another defender.

Connolly was never consistent enough for Dundalk, and was an unused sub for the cup final, yet he had some decent games and most fans encouraged him. However and like Mountney, he never nailed down that right side, and it continued to be probably the only weak link Dundalk had, hopefully Kelly will offer a lot more.

Good luck to Connolly though, this is his second stint across remember, he was with Ipswich under McCarthy previously.

Interesting to note, the two ‘big money’ signings of LOI summer 2017 are now in lower leagues in England, Sadlier and Connolly.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    What's Waterford's squad looking like at the moment? Off the top of my head I get the impression that there's still a lot of work to be done, though I know in some cases they've gone about re-signing players quite quietly so I'm not sure if their numbers are quite as bare as I think they are.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    WHat age are you ffs?
    Young enough to be interested in other peoples opinions

You appear to be upset about something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I think he's over the hill. Clearly has the footballing quality, but just so so slow. Doesn't know the league well enough to compensate for it like Benno does.

I'm not disappointed we signed him, was worth the shot, but surprised waterford have.
    I'm not sure there isn't a footballer in there somewhere. He looked really good for his first few games. I remember oohing and aahing over some of his passes in his first game.
    I think he may have suffered from a similar issue to Liam Miller when he signed in thinking he could walk the league without trying and didn't have the right attitude when it wasn't going his way. With a full preseason he may well be a decent player for Waterford. I suspect he will get boos at Turners Cross this season.

Dundalk extracting a transfer fee for Dylan Connolly is video game stuff. Unbelievable. Hes a one trick pony who has been found out and somehow that gets him a a move to League One? He may well do OK there to start as his pace causes problems before defenders figure him out. Dundalk must be ****ing themselves laughing at this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Interesting to note, the two ‘big money’ signings of LOI summer 2017 are now in lower leagues in England, Sadlier and Connolly.
    In the same division too, though Doncaster have higher expectations than Wimbledon at the moment. The crazy thing is Sadlier is clearly the better player and yet Dundalk have clawed back some of their original investment. Best of luck to the both of them.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Clearly there's potential in Connolly- he's unbelievably quick but can lack composure. He was frustrating at Dundalk but he caused consternation on a regular basis and must be one of the most fouled players in the league per minute played. I think he had 2 players booked against Larnaca, he was fouled for the free for Dundalk's goal in the 2017 cup final and for some reason he caused absolute panic in Shamrock Rovers, one memorable game in Tallaght he was taken down six or seven times.

I'm not sure he's what you need when you're battling for your life in the trenches of League One though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Clearly there's potential in Connolly- he's unbelievably quick but can lack composure. He was frustrating at Dundalk but he caused consternation on a regular basis and must be one of the most fouled players in the league per minute played. I think he had 2 players booked against Larnaca, he was fouled for the free for Dundalk's goal in the 2017 cup final and for some reason he caused absolute panic in Shamrock Rovers, one memorable game in Tallaght he was taken down six or seven times.

I'm not sure he's what you need when you're battling for your life in the trenches of League One though.
    I've never been a fan of Connolly and even when he was at Bray I called out how limited a player he was when facing decent defenders. There was a game at Turners Cross where rather than try to beat a man he kept running into space until he found his way over to the other wing before I think running it out of play.
    Maybe he did well against Larnaca because they hadn't seen too much of him but I don't think he did much damage against City for Bray or Dundalk and I'd be surprised if he did much against Dundalk while with Bray either. I wouldn't read too much into causing panic against Shamrock Rovers of recent years. Stephen Bradleys teams aren't known for having cool heads under pressure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

undisclosed is usually code for a bag of balls and a jersey
    Seriously though you'd have to wish him the best i felt sorry for him towards the end as his confidence looked shot.
    He might surprise people now in a new envioronment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    undisclosed is usually code for a bag of balls and a jersey
    Seriously though you'd have to wish him the best i felt sorry for him towards the end as his confidence looked shot.
    He might surprise people now in a new envioronment
    Is that what ye got for Burke.....

Almost every LOI transfer is for an undisclosed fee, with rumours and 'inside info' filling in the blanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk

checked on here says £315 sterling , but i take your point re a lot of transfers etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk

checked on here says £315 sterling , but i take your point re a lot of transfers etc.
    Thats an estimate. It was officially an undisclosed fee as per the announcements. Standard practice.

Bag of balls is probably a fair trade for Connolly though.

Right up here wihh Tom Coughlan getting 50k for Denis Behan. Incredible business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I'd be surprised if he did much against Dundalk while with Bray either.
    Connolly has one good game against us for Bray, so much so that Horgan got sent off for taking him down after he got away from him one too many times on the wing. I’m convinced Kenny only signed him due to that performance.
    I’m delighted he’s gone and shocked that another club is paying a fee for him.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post

It's make more sense if he was in as a player/coach at this stage. His performances at Cork werent at such a level that a lub like Waterford who want to kick on again this season would sign him. His experience would be of value in a young squad. It was a signing that was worrying for Cork's rivals at the time if it didnt work out as hoped so certainly worth a shot at the time! Not so much now. Bennet is vastly superior considering the experience that Delaney had at the top end of the English game.

Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast