Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim McGuinness is quite the interesting Character

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    No to player managers generally, and too soon for McCourt, unless again accompanied by someone else.

We don't really have a solid idea of what Derry will be working with financially next year either. To me Baraclough is the obvious candidate (out of all those mentioned) all things in the boardroom remaining relatively constant. Any significant fluctuations budget wise (I mean apart from the loss of European money) could impact our ability to attract him or any other experienced manager and would lead us having to go inexperienced & local.

I have a funny feeling that we will get a surprise, ie someone not publicly linked.

whoever is the manager for Derry they should get McCourt to keep himself fit (ish) while working with the kids in the Derry youth set up. in these days of 5 or 6 subs on the bench how bad would it be to have him come off the bench for even the last 10 mins of a match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    There is no better young coach in the league than Tim Clancy at the moment. If Derry were going to take a punt on someone out of left field he would be a good solid choice! But of course there is the tried and tested LoI circuit and Ger Lyttle is out of a job. Any jesting aside if Derry are thinking of recruiting from the Irish League then Luttle could be a decent option for them. He would know the IL well and LoI now also. Things were not fantastic at Sligo but he did bring through plenty of youth players and kept Sligo safe in the premier division while doing so. i get the impression that Sligo were on a tight budget too? So could do a job at Derry.
    Kept us safe in a season where everyone knew the bottom 2 after about a month

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    I don't see any other manager currently employed by a LOI club being interested in the Derry job atm. Would not be opposed to Collie O'Neill at all but I know he works with Microsoft as well as UCD and don't imagine he'd be that interested.

Know very little about Clancy, would be very opposed to hiring Ger Lyttle, frankly he was never doing a great job with Cliftonville and I didn't see why Sligo went for him when they did never mind Derry hiring him after failure at Sligo.

In response to sbgawa would not be opposed to having McCourt registered as a player whilst at the club but don't think it would be what he wants.

Gary Hamilton an interesting option, has Glenavon flying this year, as with most of the candidates doesn't necessarily excite me but not again not opposed to the idea.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    paul doolin is linked with derry job today. surely he will end his league of ireland hiatus soon.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    paul doolin is linked with derry job today. surely he will end his league of ireland hiatus soon.
    I think its almost obligatory for Paul Doolin to be linked with any LOI vacancy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Looks like it will be Declan Devine getting the Derry job, with Ruaidhri Higgins (Current coach/opposition analyst for Dundalk) as his assistant. Seems a sensible hired by Derry and certainly better than some names touted for the job.
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Seen Higgins in Finn Park at the first leg of the playoffs I'd imagine eyeing players from both sides.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12